General Suggestion - Make A Setting To Turn Off Code Sounds [Completed]

Cardigan Backyardigan

What are you suggesting? - Make a setting to turn off code sounds (maybe through c menu?)

How would this change better the server? -  Its not that I'm against the idea of adding the code sounds, I think it was a good idea and makes it more of a real RP, but sometimes its gets a bit annoying. Mainly when I'm liked tabbed out doing other things and especially for the people in CI base, I think it would be nice to have a setting to turn off the code sounds so nobody gets annoyed by it.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  No disadvantages.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Whoever is annoyed by the code change sounds.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

+Support
No reason not to other than having management have to code something extra into the server, I personally love the sounds but I can't fault people for not wanting to hear em

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

4 hours ago, Nydekore said:

You could always make a stopsound bind

if this is something a majority of people want though I don’t see why not

just use stopsound -support

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

16 hours ago, 1stSavagerY said:

just use stopsound -support

nobody wants to have to press a bind 30 times an hour just to turn it off, making a setting would make it 10x easier for everybody and there are no disadvantages.

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

On 6/17/2022 at 6:08 PM, K I W W I said:

+Support
No reason not to other than having management have to code something extra into the server, I personally love the sounds but I can't fault people for not wanting to hear em

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

On 6/17/2022 at 9:13 PM, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

+support 

versatility always good

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+support

Also would be great to add this as an option for the E11 has entered the facility noise too.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

21 minutes ago, Cecil Stedmen said:

+support

Also would be great to add this as an option for the E11 has entered the facility noise too.

E-11 entering the facility is a map sound, not part of the code system.

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

8 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

E-11 entering the facility is a map sound, not part of the code system.

Yeah I know but if possible would be great too, maybe they could add the noise to the code system so members of E-11 Command can play it freely without the need for anyone on staff to do it for them.

Edited by Cecil Stedmen

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

23 hours ago, Cardigan Backyardigan said:

nobody wants to have to press a bind 30 times an hour just to turn it off, making a setting would make it 10x easier for everybody and there are no disadvantages.

it takes two seconds to set up a bind and you're extremely overexaggerating how many times they are hit.  a lot of the time people forget to even touch the code and it usually only changes once every 10 minutes at the lowest

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

I'm going to say my piece here. If your just tabbed out there's an option to mute sound when tabbed out in audio settings. Otherwise you could just use stopsound. It would be a nice option to have but not necessary 

+Support 

Edited by Ayaya

On 6/20/2022 at 2:54 PM, Ayaya said:

I'm going to say my piece here. If your just tabbed out there's an option to mute sound when tabbed out in audio settings. Otherwise you could just use stopsound. It would be a nice option to have but not necessary 

+Support 

The tabbed out part really isn't too much of a problem for me, but like when the code gets changed I can't say or hear anything in teamspeak or in game because whoever is talking won't be heard due to how loud it is.