Thoughts on R&D(honest)

Its Buck

Removing RND will do nothing but leave a blank space for free roam RP that the branch brings greatly, RND is a huge aspect of chaos, the only reason it doesn't seem so at the moment is because the activity is at a low point, CI in general has had 5 command members recently leave for various reasons, It's not RND's fault where it's at right now. RND isn't perfect and could use a few changes but removing or turning it back into a sub branch isn't going to help at all, plenty of people who love Roleplaying that live and breath RND will do what's best for the branch, Let command and the members potentially moving into Gamma Command deal with making RND great again, it's a great branch just needs to be fixed around a bit and brought back to life from those who care deeply for it.

• Like 1

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

3 hours ago, Jummy said:

bit biast here, since former command, but:

honestly a really fun branch, but being harder to join and having more restrictions than research just makes it way less appealing to most. RP is fun, when people aren't dicking around on bio or what have you.

Preach

• Like 1

CI Military Sergeant Major CI R&D Assistant Archivist and Lead of Sleuths

You are disgraceful, if you want to remove RnD then why don't you remove D5? D5 is literally pay to win, it would bring more activity to E11 and Nu7. I'm not saying to actually remove the branch as it brings more fun to people. Like how RnD bring fun to people IN RnD. It is a RP branch and people RP it's just that YOU haven't been in RnD to see that. You bring up FS is combatants, as HFS, yes they are but they are not to fire unless fired at. Which they always are because YOU, as a MTF, always kill and never Fear rp unless told. They can only go in site when getting hostages and SCPs, FOR ROLEPLAY. Which they do in fact do that.

More:
RnD was a branch that got made up, so was D5. If your going to get rid of a branch that was made exactly the same way, and made the same amount of fun to people, then it is hypocritical. Why should one branch get removed because it removes activity from other people when D5 does that too. I love D5, it is a amazing branch.
But it is still a branch that got payed to get in the server and brings another group that D-class, goi, ect, have to beat.

Edited by PryingTree
  • Like 3

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

1 hour ago, PryingTree said:

You are disgraceful, if you want to remove RnD then why don't you remove D5? D5 is literally pay to win, it would bring more activity to E11 and Nu7. I'm not saying to actually remove the branch as it brings more fun to people. Like how RnD bring fun to people IN RnD. It is a RP branch and people RP it's just that YOU haven't been in RnD to see that. You bring up FS is combatants, as HFS, yes they are but they are not to fire unless fired at. Which they always are because YOU, as a MTF, always kill and never Fear rp unless told. They can only go in site when getting hostages and SCPs, FOR ROLEPLAY. Which they do in fact do that.

YOU DON'T EVEN PAY FOR ANY OF THE JOBS IN IT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT.

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

1 hour ago, PryingTree said:

D5 is literally pay to win

Not to split hairs or take away from the discussion currently but this isn't the case at all, no one in D5 currently paid to be in D5, they all earned their way to get the ranks to achieve where they are now thanks to Jack and Price wanting to make an additional branch for the server.

Edited by K I W W I
typo

13 minutes ago, K I W W I said:

Not to split hairs or take away from the discussion currently but this isn't the case at all, no one in D5 currently paid to be in D5, they all earned their way to get the ranks to achieve where they are now thanks to Jack and Price wanting to make an additional branch for the server.

20 minutes ago, Jummy said:

YOU DON'T EVEN PAY FOR ANY OF THE JOBS IN IT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT.

Ok let me word that better, RnD was a branch that got made up, so was D5. If your going to get rid of a branch that was made exactly the same way, and made the same amount of fun to people, then it is hypocritical. Why should one branch get removed because it removes activity from other people when D5 does that too. I love D5, it is a amazing branch. Do you get what im saying? 
But it is still a branch that got payed to get in the server. 

Edited by PryingTree

Just now, PryingTree said:

Ok let me word that better, RnD was a branch that got made up, so was D5. If your going to get rid of a branch that was made exactly the same way, and made the same amount of fun to people, then it is hypocritical. Why should one branch get removed because it removes activity from other people when D5 does that too. I love D5, it is a amazing branch. Do you get what im saying? 

I gotcha now, just the wording threw me off, my point still stands on the D5 topic just completely unrelated to what you had said since the clarification made it understandable

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PryingTree said:

i don’t think you even know what you are typing at this point. RND was a sub branch that was apart of CI military that eventually garnered so many players that it became its own branch. At this point, every branch on the server was “made up”.  No one “payed” to get RND on the server, it earned its way to become its own branch.

• Like 1

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

22 hours ago, Its Buck said:

I feel that removing the branch would be beneficial to both research

I would not dare allow RND to disband to “help research”. They are our equal but opposite branch and I’ve seen great docs that they make that we normally restrain due to foundation ethics/purpose. 

The problems that plague RND have existed since I’ve been around and I’m sure for a while before that too but removing it would only mean a vacuum of players who might join research but could equally likely just disappear altogether. 

Don’t “help” research by killing what I consider to be our sister branch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

I definitely get what your saying about it being more combative, but I don't feel like it needs to go. I had good experience in RnD and yeah the branch definitely has been in a difficult spot for a while, It seemed like Neo did bring some life back into it although since he's gone now not sure where SA or Gamma will go from there, on the topic of Box from my experience I didn't really see him do much command wise, I was surprised he was promoted to that.   

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

16 hours ago, PryingTree said:

I am going to pretend that I didn't see that after logging in the forum for the first time in 1 year.

• Laughing 2
  • Gaminglight Love 2

osu! achiever? I don't know

Overall what I can get from the comments of this post Atlas and Yohan are not fit for their positions in the  branch both of them at their ranks should be doing their best to help out the branch and get going atlas has not moved much since I left because he has not improved at his job in any way he has also tried to do a attempted coup on me in the past which further shows how he is unfit for his position. Also Enuz was doing his best at the time to try to help out RND he was not the only person who picked the command I can understand that you guys are butt hurt but from the perspective at the time both of you guys where unfit to be moved up either do to inactive or trying to suck up to get promos which is annoying to high command and should not be going on in the first place all my choices when making discissions in the branch factored in what people in the branch where telling me and I would also talk to other branches high command to see if it would be a good idea to go ahead with something that's why rnd had good relations at the time with almost all of the other branches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

RND is a shitshow. It it isn't all High Commands fault though. Fiery wanted to do things but was scared of SA denying them because it was so common (also not putting the blame on SA I don't know exactly what his ideas were). During the BOx and Cloaker era I felt like things were getting better. BOx was actually a great member of high command despite being an absolute minge. With his guidance I wrote the (as I know of) current FTO SOP and rank system. That increased the incentive of training and it showed were were getting slightly more training. So, IMO, they need high command that are like BOx and willing to try new things. Though they need changed up in general. RP is fucking dying in general (at least from what I heard). Overall there needs to be less focus on combat branches and more on RP. Combat branches got their shit figured out RP branches need looked at more at this time. The biggest problem in RND, the complaint I got the most as senior command, was there was nothing to fucking so. We HAD to wait on CI military to get us stuff. The branches need to be more independent of each other (or I should say RND less dependent on military). People got bored of that and just went to military or spent all their time as a bio engineer. I think a cool idea in general that would be beneficial to EVERYONE on the server is for CI to have their own SCP's. Here is a ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH draft of the idea.  CI has SCP's and shit and RND does stuff like research does. (The SCPs would be stationary ones I can not think of a breach system for SCPs at CI base unless RND has like a maintenance sub branch or smth). But MTF can raid for them and can bring them to research. Once research is done the SCP would just stay at the site because I dont think in lore the foundation would sell them back. CI can raid to get the SCP back. There is my rough rough and I mean ROUGH draft on an idea but it is one nonetheless which is better than I can imagine some future potential members of high command (you know who you are) can make. I spent way too much time on this considering im not rejoining the server ever again.

'Cause you can't feel my anger
You can't feel my pain
You can't feel my torment
Driving me insane

1 hour ago, Fieryphonix said:

Overall what I can get from the comments of this post Atlas and Yohan are not fit for their positions in the  branch both of them at their ranks should be doing their best to help out the branch and get going atlas has not moved much since I left because he has not improved at his job in any way he has also tried to do a attempted coup on me in the past which further shows how he is unfit for his position. Also Enuz was doing his best at the time to try to help out RND he was not the only person who picked the command I can understand that you guys are butt hurt but from the perspective at the time both of you guys where unfit to be moved up either do to inactive or trying to suck up to get promos which is annoying to high command and should not be going on in the first place all my choices when making discissions in the branch factored in what people in the branch where telling me and I would also talk to other branches high command to see if it would be a good idea to go ahead with something that's why rnd had good relations at the time with almost all of the other branches.

This exactly 

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

im just going to say this and that me done with this shit it's a waist of time and the fact that people are still going on is bothering me at most so i am just going to say this, this is my opinion so take it with some salt In the past my experience with HCMD has been less than pleasant. now dont get me wrong all RND high command have went through this phase where they are Active as fuck then slowley over time that will drop now i understand that you got roster shit to do and that but like just by talking to Senior command and low command even the enlisted it gose a long fucking way and ive only seen this be done 3 to 4 times now. so their is a lack of communication its a fucking online server thats to be expected and shit. However i will not stand for laziness and over all a complete disregard for for others who were involved now i have said my thoughts and i still stand by them like i said show me some prof that proves me wrong and ill shut up. now dont get me wrong all of the previous DDOPS and CDOPs have done some good work some more so but just because you get to that point you need to understand theirs going to be anger or just pure disrespect. and yeah i was angry i thought it was BS. but that's my opinion plain and simple    

• Like 1

Former RRH Analyst Delta 17 

I want to make it clear to everyone that I did not leave due to the state of R&D. I care very much for the branch. However. The way I see it, the server is my problem. Not the Branch. I do not condone with the actions of the Administration on GamingLight, and therefor, chose not to give up my precious time for it, as I bounce between a Job as a Nurse, and Medschool, and GamingLight all at once. The effort to work with the people on this server is not my gig any longer, and therefor, I chose to extract myself from the equation. There is nothing wrong with R&D more than any other Branch. (Excluding the lack of HCMD). High Command will come to the Branch, but it also requires the attention of Administration, and SMT for improvements to draw people in. It was my belief that Administration and SMT did not work well with me, on pushing out improvements. Regardless of me sending them resources daily. Therefor, there was never anything added that made the standard appeal to new members joining, leading to lack of Command, and future High Command. I wish the best for R&D. But I personally didn’t see my efforts going anywhere.

• Like 2

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

On 6/16/2022 at 9:54 PM, PryingTree said:

ah, okay.

sorry for lashing out a bit like that, just a misunderstanding.

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

Ratio

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

Idk tbh, RnD was the only branch I didnt try out, but I dont think it should be removed

I think its just a thing caused by the current state of the server. 

its not in the best spot right now and with the direction everything is going, most RP branches are kind of in the crapper.

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

After some thought, I think I get where you're coming from, but overall this seems like an unnecessary and negative change
I don't think that it would really help research, the branches are quite different, and as Nyde said prior, it would probably just make most people in R&D leave the server, it would not make them join research
R&D is definitely in a rough patch right now, but considering that competent people have been put in charge for a bit (Skela and Orange), I think that it can bounce back in no time

• Like 1

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

On 6/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, Hope said:

I am going to pretend that I didn't see that after logging in the forum for the first time in 1 year.

Then pretend.

On 6/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, enuz 💣 said:

i don’t think you even know what you are typing at this point. RND was a sub branch that was apart of CI military that eventually garnered so many players that it became its own branch. At this point, every branch on the server was “made up”.  No one “payed” to get RND on the server, it earned its way to become its own branch.

You also missed the point. 
The point is, RnD was a branch that got made up, so was D5. If your going to get rid of a branch that was made exactly the same way, and made the same amount of fun to people, then it is hypocritical. Why should one branch get removed because it removes activity from other people when D5 does that too.
D5 was payed to get in the server but it was still a thing that was created as a branch.
I do not know how to explain it farther even with out you knowing what I mean.

Edited by PryingTree
  • Dislike 9