Moving the decals in lower D-Block - Denied

J0LT

What are you suggesting? -  Moving the branch information decals (in lower D-Block) to a tab in the F4 menu

along side this, I think leaving the main one on D-Block tower would be good, OR making a new one that tells them where they are located in the F4 menu

edit: second idea ;  Have a chat command that will open the original post (like !motd) and leave a sign that tells them to do that. 

How would this change better the server? - I think that this would help with the performance issues that we have been having. Getting rid of some big decals should definitely help. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not that i know of, as long as it is possible to add a tab in the F4 menu

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone!!!

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

Edited by J0LT

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

-Support

even when the decals weren't there, the server still preformed like crap anyway

1 hour ago, Mind Stone said:

They’re informative and easy to see for new players

also this

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

-Support

Don't really see a need for a change and where would they go in the F4 menu anyways?

Edit: How would they know what the command is?

Edited by Pills

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

- Support

Way better when they are on the walls since it's pretty much the first thing players can see when they enter the server. Some people don't even know that F4 brings up a menu.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Pills said:

-Support

Don't really see a need for a change and where would they go in the F4 menu anyways?

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

9 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support

Way better when they are on the walls since it's pretty much the first thing players can see when they enter the server. Some people don't even know that F4 brings up a menu.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

i added a second solution now

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bread said:

decals take up 1 entity slot regardless of size

Was unaware

When i originally requested these back into the server i remember preformance being brought up quite a lot and thought it a good small thing to add

spacer.png

12 hours ago, J0LT said:

When i originally requested these back into the server i remember preformance being brought up quite a lot and thought it a good small thing to add

The reason why there was performance issues before was because we had like 1 for each scp and map location. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 6/10/2022 at 9:19 PM, Mind Stone said:

-Support

They’re informative and easy to see for new players. I doubt they cause much performance issues anyways.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 6/11/2022 at 1:50 AM, Yato Sensei said:

- Support