Changing the Map. - Accepted [Completed]

Claire

What are you suggesting? -  I am suggesting that we change the Map to the Site-65 Map, the Site-65 map is big, and it is not shit like Site-50 * i hate site 50*, It can be a decent sized map, and can be updated a little by changing D-Block, or adding more stuff within the map. The surface is Amazing and calm. And I believe adding this as a map would be better then Site-50.

How would this change better the server? -  Adding more RP, as Site-50 does not have much RP, and Site-65 can.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Site-65 can lag a little with FPS drops. Other then that I dont see any disadvatages.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1788306202

Edited by Wade
e

• Claire changed the title to Changing the Map.

+Support
Its been a while since we have had a actual map change, last one just flipped HCZ and added catwalks, Good changes but a different map would be awesome.

SCP RP Ranks and CC's : CI SFTO CPT, S9 Houston IX, Owner Of CI "Reaper" Squadron SCP RP Level 100 Gang

"Why Does A RRH Only have 10 Hours on the server"?

"Very Active Forums User" - Hoovy

+Support

We will need to change some places and change the lighting but looks good!

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

2 minutes ago, Average Pipebomb enjoyer said:

sn't site 65 used by both Civil Gamers and Atlas uprising

Not sure about civil gamers. I believe they have there own map made by the creator. But Atlas does have a site 65 map but changed a lot by the creator

+ Support for a map change. This map has been around for quite a lot and although it has been fun, it has ran its course. Time for a new one!

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support for a map change. This map has been around for quite a lot and although it has been fun, it has ran its course. Time for a new one!

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

15 minutes ago, Wade said:

Not sure about civil gamers. I believe they have there own map made by the creator. But Atlas does have a site 65 map but changed a lot by the creator

It was Barely Changed by the Owner, he just made 2 Rooms Bigger addet 3 Vents and Addet Sandbags and needet over 8 Months to do it. (Maybe even longer)

But i know the Map Big -1 the Map

The Map offers much Less Freedom to where you can go. Its long Hallways just leads to 1 Room. With one Path leading to HCZ and the other to Surface, so escapiong as a Class D is much harder. And would need a lot of Work to get to the Freedom of where you go as of our Current Map.

Every Breach would be much to easy to Handle. Since they all need to go the Exact same Way to Surface. So Firing Lines are super easy to make for Nu7. Which would not be Fun for SCPs or Nu7.

CI Raids also only can happen throught one Entrance. With one Path to where they need to go throught. So like the Situation with SCPS and Nu7 the same thing would be with CI. It would be firing Line against Firing Line.

So even if we want to Change the Map. It shouldnt be this one.

• Dislike 1

-Support to this map being used, I like GL having our own maps (to some degree)

+support to a new map being made, though I'm sure that's already in consideration or something

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

40 minutes ago, Boesermaster said:

CI Raids also only can happen throught one Entrance. With one Path to where they need to go throught. So like the Situation with SCPS and Nu7 the same thing would be with CI. It would be firing Line against Firing Line.

CI raids would not only happen through 1 entrance,, as there is a vent that they can go through.

All other points you made, are valid.

6 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

+support to a new map being made, though I'm sure that's already in consideration or something

Your points are valid, at the end of the day. The person who made Site-65 can make a map. As he is a great map maker.

15 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+support

I will come back to GL if we get a map change. and as an avid player of CG i know for a FACT that this map is used just changed ever so slightly.

once you get used to it, it aint that bad honestly. there are plenty of rooms for SCPs more rooms for RP and just general fun can happen.

Edited by Tazza

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

yeah, 79% sure AU uses site-65.

but a new map would be very cool, just not that map.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

yeah, 79% sure AU uses site-65.

but a new map would be very cool, just not that map.

Yeah, AU Does, its just diffrent as it is not snowy as it is within the map on the steam workshop.

Just now, Wade said:

Yeah, AU Does, its just diffrent as it is not snowy as it is within the map on the steam workshop.

I think that a map change is needed, for performance and fun, but using maps that other servers are currently using aint very cool.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

2 hours ago, Wade said:

Not sure about civil gamers. I believe they have there own map made by the creator.

I just checked for you civil gamers uses an edited version of site 65, And seeing how Civil gamers is currently Gaminglights biggest rival i dont think it would be a smart course of action to use what is essentially the same map as them but with an edited LCZ and EZ.

Edited by Average Pipebomb enjoyer

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I think that a map change is needed, for performance and fun, but using maps that other servers are currently using aint very cool.

Yeah, I get that. Just maps that people are not using that aare on the steam workshop is hard to find. Best idea I have is if SMT contact the person who made the Site-65 map and ask for a custom map as the person who made it is a amazing creator

• 10 months later...