7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sponge be staff?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Sponge

What is your steam name?: Sponge

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:52062904

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Sponge#8900

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: Yes. I was a Elite Admin on Icefuse CWRP, Senior Mod on IFN Rust, Mod on GL's IRP, and Mentor on Smoke's DarkRP

What date did you start playing on the community?: I started ACTUALLY playing GL in about 2020/2021.

What date did you make your forums account?: 9/17/2017

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?:

image.thumb.png.550f61fd30f79ddec00e5ff0d45febf9.png

What is your donor rank?: Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?: No

Have you read the staff handbook?: Yes

Timezone: CDT

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?: I feel like I deserve the rank of Trial Moderator because of my experience. I have a lot of experience that helps make me further capable than other applicants, and not only that, I feel like I would quickly get the fundamentals and responsibilities of staff. I tend to set high goals for myself when I'm in a staff team, such as exceeding quota a certain week, aim for a high ticket count, or to make sure I am better than I was yesterday by improving upon my mistakes that I may have committed, and how I can avoid that and apply a solution upon myself. I will fully dedicate myself to this position as I know staff is very necessary and important for servers like this (I do have work though). Something else I think makes me qualified for Trial Mod is my professionalism and maturity. I think it's important to represent yourself well at all times because there's a staff rank prefix right next to your name, and doing very unprofessional things and starting minor drama is something I've seen plenty of times from applicants applying or even current staff members. I try to differ from all that, and try to set myself as a good example. Of course, that will come very important if I do make it far in staff because you'll be not only setting yourself as a role model for lower-ranking staff, but you'll be representing the server's staff team, and not just an individual as a higher ranking would have MUCH more expectations, which I understand too that Trial Moderator will have while lower expectations than a higher ranking, very important expectations that I am more than willing to exceed and follow.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? First freeze that said member so you make sure they can no-longer have access to any of their inventory, and gag them if they refuse to remain quiet while you explain things to them. Once gagged if need be, CoC or forward it to a higher staff member that has the ability to ban that member that Mass RDMed for 5 days per the Staff Handbook.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?: It's important to be an assertive staff member so you can get what needs to be done and said and make sure correct moderation is severed. Because of this, I would set my foot down and tell everyone to please remain silent while I figure out everyone's side of the story that whatever the sit is for, and try to judge the actions necessary and connect the dots for the story. Pulling one aside at a time and keeping the others somewhere far away would probably be the best way to hear each individual's story. If they're disrespectful to me or others, then I'd follow the staff handbook guidelines on disrespect.

Edited by Sponge The Great

Player on SCP RP and Imperial RP.

+support

Good app (scenario questions could use some work imo) but everything else was excellent 

when I have worked with sponge in E11 he is always super nice and serious about what he does.

sponge is a great fit for staff, good luck sponge!

• Thanks 1

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

20 minutes ago, Its Buck said:

+support

Good app (scenario questions could use some work imo) but everything else was excellent 

when I have worked with sponge in E11 he is always super nice and serious about what he does.

AMAZING STEAM NAME!!!

+ support

• Thanks 1

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

1 hour ago, Its Buck said:

+support

Thank you for your feedback. I updated my scenarios. Thanks!

Player on SCP RP and Imperial RP.

3 hours ago, Its Buck said:

+support

On 6/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, Its Buck said:

+support

Very Well put Mr. Buck !! I Agree !

|   Head Administrator  |  Director of Intelligence  |

| Death Trooper Commander Epsilon-11 Commander Alpha-1 Commander High General Goat | Shock Vice Commander |

On 6/8/2022 at 6:19 PM, Its Buck said:

+support

i can agree with what buck said only good things from what i see from this guy definitly fit for admin

Edited by Chineseman
  • Thanks 1

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

On 6/9/2022 at 2:19 AM, Its Buck said:

+support

| former Shock 1LT, Shock SGT | | Former IQ CPL | | x3 Former IF Agent| 

+support

Good app and seems capable

steam name could use a revision though 🤣

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

• Thanks 1