Shield Suggestion - Denied

David

What you want to see? - I would like to see each department have only one job that carries a shield and can only be used by 1 online player (1 slot job).

Why should we add it? - I feel it would balance out gov v crim raiding. The only way to shoot a gov player with their shield out is going behind them or shooting them in the feet/legs. The only effective solution is shooting them while their back is turned. If they continue to back pedal and not give defenders a chance to deal damage then how is it fair?

What are the advantages of having this? - I was just in a raid that had about 12+ government vs 6 criminals. Most of these government players had shields out and were back pedaling through the base. Not factoring in the imbalance of the number of raiding and defending players, there is a massive disadvantage for the defenders.

Who is it mainly for? - This is mainly for the benefit of criminal players and the re-balance of government jobs.

Links to any content - 

RETIRED!

Ex 2iC of Shadow Legacy

Ex S.W.A.T. Co-Commander

-Support 
With the breaching charges being removed this is legit are only breaching tool outside of battering rams. 
This also hasn't been a problem that required anything such as a removal of a weapon from many units and it isn't game breaking now either. 
Us having shields actually is making it even as well due to the fact that you guys can have bases that lead to odd things such as us all having to run threw a 2 mile run that had 2-3 stories. 

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

1 minute ago, [GL] Locus said:

-Support 
With the breaching charges being removed this is legit are only breaching tool outside of battering rams. 
This also hasn't been a problem that required anything such as a removal of a weapon from many units and it isn't game breaking now either. 
Us having shields actually is making it even as well due to the fact that you guys can have bases that lead to odd things such as us all having to run threw a 2 mile run that had 2-3 stories. 

Alright im boutta head out

37 minutes ago, David27 said:

I would like to see each department have only one job that carries a shield and can only be used by 1 online player (1 slot job)

So you want SMT to go through every department and make a NEW job, just to have a shield? Seems like a waste of time to me.

-Support

With the removal of some of the major tactics used by government over the past few months, from gas being only HC, and removal of breaching charges, it's becoming limited on what we can do and what we can train our units to do. 

Running in without a shield just to be sprayed down by a bunch of LMG's and snipers from all angles makes it almost impossible no matter how many gov agents you have in the raid. I think there are better ways you can adapt to this situation, include more attack points and make it so you are able to attack from all angles and not just limit it to one side that government can block with their shield. 

I get that you want to balance gov vs crim, but doing this I feel would change the balance and make it VERY crim heavy. I think how the items are now are some of the most balanced it's been in a long time, and it may just require adaptation from criminals.

Signature.png

-Support

So your saying that 1 job like SWAT can only have one job like Peacemaker to have heavy shield no one else? So what's the point of having tactical units if they don't have shields? This doesn't make sense and should never be a thing on the server.

minisigforums.webp

- Support

-What the fu...

-No

-So IRL TAC units dont have a shield in their car? or anyother cops?

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

• Head Admin
1 hour ago, [GL] Locus said:

-Support 

Having only one class on each department just sounds silly. And it's just as masterson said, gov tactics have been changing. The shields are a necessity to all TAC departments.

Edited by [GL]MyanDaBeast

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I

• Head Admin

-support 
you guys can have loads of friends all behind random walls within the base and its very hard for gov to enter with a shield, bare in mind not everyone uses a shield on a raid 

Signature.png

$500+ Donator

6 hours ago, Tactical said:

-support 
you guys can have loads of friends all behind random walls within the base and its very hard for gov to enter with a shield, bare in mind not everyone uses a shield on a raid 

Retired_Signature.png?ex=662460ac&is=662

16 hours ago, [GL] Locus said:

-Support 

On 6/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, Masterson said:

So you want SMT to go through every department and make a NEW job, just to have a shield? Seems like a waste of time to me.

-Support

With the removal of some of the major tactics used by government over the past few months, from gas being only HC, and removal of breaching charges, it's becoming limited on what we can do and what we can train our units to do. 

Running in without a shield just to be sprayed down by a bunch of LMG's and snipers from all angles makes it almost impossible no matter how many gov agents you have in the raid. I think there are better ways you can adapt to this situation, include more attack points and make it so you are able to attack from all angles and not just limit it to one side that government can block with their shield. 

I get that you want to balance gov vs crim, but doing this I feel would change the balance and make it VERY crim heavy. I think how the items are now are some of the most balanced it's been in a long time, and it may just require adaptation from criminals.

Said everything  I wanted say lol

febc990adfc212b4762e1f932a6f635d.png.88381d2558bf63a88f91fe11780d5b04.png