Wolfner's - trial mod application - Denied

eggmasterpiece

What is your in-game name?: Wolfner

What is your steam name?: Wolfner

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:527621511

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): wolfner#1443

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) no

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) 3 and a half months ago

What date did you make your forums account? April 22 , 2022

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 3

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) platinum

Are you a staff member in another community? no

Have you read the staff handbook? yes

Timezone: CTZ 

What rank are you applying for? trial mod

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I feel I deserve this rank for different reasons. The first being is Gaminglight is a place myself and many others enjoy and no one wants to have the fun ruined by rule-breakers. I notice during off-hours not many admins are on that can handle sits and some might even be overwhelmed at that time. I'd like to help out these staff members during these hours where they might not be able to take sits. Also, I realize I may not be that familiar with the ULX commands but I can promise you I am a quick learner indeed. Next, I'm very active on the server this could help when there aren't as many staff members on. Even though school is going on for myself and many others I can still be active and help out the staff on SCP-RP all week long. I've wanted to apply for staff for some time now but I felt I didn't have the experience I needed yet, but now I feel I am ready to take on the task of trial-mod. I'd like to help Gaminglight SCP-RP become and even more enjoyable place for myself and others by joining the staff team.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? I would begin by bringing them to a sitting room with the person that called the sit when he/she would begin to curse at me I would try to de-escalate the situation by talking to him/her to find out why they are doing what they are doing. If they are to continue to curse at me I would gag them so I could continue with the sit. After this, I would begin to check logs if I hadn't already and find out if it was mass RDM. While I am checking the logs I would ask the one who made the sit what his/her side of the story was and what happen to them. After looking at the logs I would begin to had out punishments to the one who mass RDMed. The punishments would be Mass RDM, NITRP, possibly Staff Disrespect depending on what was said. I would then get the correct rank staff to have him/her banned for the 5 days.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would approach this situation empathetically for the players. I can understand how frustrating some situations may be for people and my first goal would be to de-escalate and calm the players down so that we could continue to have a cordial conversation. If this does not happen and the situation continues to escalate, I would separate the players and freeze them with my gravity gun to ensure they do not try to move closer to argue with each other further. If possible, I would also ask for another staff member's assistance for this situation since there would be so many players involved in the sit. This would allow us to divide and conquer in order to get all involved players back into having fun playing the game!

- Support

You got removed on your first day as a TMod about a month ago..

No poll/proof of warns

Has a racism warn from just one month ago

Overall unfit for staff.

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

5 hours ago, Diz said:

- Support

You got removed on your first day as a TMod about a month ago..

No poll/proof of warns

Has a racism warn from just one month ago

Overall unfit for staff.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

Denied

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.