Naval Gunnery Officer and Tenn Graneet Additions [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

LaFoursh

Should these changes be added?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should these changes be added?

• Yes
    • No

Battalion Name: Naval

Job/Class Name: Naval Gunnery Officer

Weapon Kit: 

- Current loadout: Binoculars (White), Arrest Baton, Unarrest Baton, RK-3, Cross Arms, DP-23, TI-21, Voice Amplifier, Smart Launcher, Se-14c, F-187 Fusion Cutter, Cross Arms (Infront)

- Add: Fortification tablet (alydus_fortificationbuildertablet), Detonator (weapon_jew_det), Hack Tools (hack_enabler), Wrench (tfa_nmrih_wrench), Armorkit (weapon_armorkit), Deployable Shield (deployable_shield)

- Remove: None

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?): The weapons and tools being added are the basic tools also used by the Regimental Engineers. The purpose of a Gunnery Officer on ground events is to fulfill the role of a Regimental Engineer, meaning building props to defend our troops and hacking terminals. At this time, the Gunnery Officers cannot do that. The detonator is to be added for ground events and tryouts to place it down so it can be defused by the trainee.

Battalion Name: Naval

Job/Class Name: Tenn Graneet

Weapon Kit: 

-Current Loadout: Binoculars (White), Arrest Baton, Unarrest Baton, RK-3, DC-15x, S-5c, Cross Arms, DP-23, TI-21, Voice Amplifier, Smart Launcher, Se-14c, F-187 Fusion Cutter, Cross Arms (Infront) 

- Add: Fortification tablet (alydus_fortificationbuildertablet), Detonator (weapon_jew_det), Hack Tools (hack_enabler), Wrench (tfa_nmrih_wrench), Armorkit (weapon_armorkit), Deployable Shield (deployable_shield)

- Remove: None

Reason for change (do you think that said weapons is suitable for the job and is fair considering current loadouts of other battalions?): The weapons and tools being added are the basic tools also used by the Regimental Engineers. The purpose of a Gunnery Officer on ground events is to fulfill the role of a Regimental Engineer, meaning building props to defend our troops and hacking terminals. At this time, the Gunnery Officers cannot do that. The detonator is to be added for ground events and tryouts to place it down so it can be defused by the trainee.

Do you believe these changes are fair to the battalion/job role it is responsible for and will benefit the server, if so, why?: These changes are fair because it helps the Gunnery Officers become what they are supposed to be on off-map and off-ship events, being Regimental Engineers. These changes will add more roleplay to the job and can also help the Gamemasters since we wouldn’t need to call them to place detonators for tryouts anymore.

-These changes were approved by Naval High Command (High Admiral Mann)-

• Like 2

Ex Havoc ATL CPT | Ex Lord X / Purge LTCOL | Ex Tenn Graneet | Fortnite Professional and Current Darth Doodoofart (Yes he is a lore character)

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF by Super Simple

+ Support to this

This is my second run as a Gunnery Officer and we have never had the tools needed for us to properly do our job. I've been in events with very few RE and I couldn't do any of the hacking because I didnt have the tools. Every other specialty in Navy gets the tools of their respective regiment i.e., Security Officers have the proper arrest devices, medical officers have medical tools, etc. Please add this to GO

• Like 2

Purge CPT FS1

Purge HVYAL CPT Crazy CR67

Lord VIII Vansyn

Former Sub-Lieutenant Yorn

+support 

As a GM and a RE I see both sides sorta, when IC is lacking its RE's job to clear the droppods and obstructions, Gunnery is RE's close relative on the server and they have access to the documents for explosives and hacking (i think)

• Like 2

ImperialRP GM and Moderator

SF SWO Yrica Quell

RoyalGuard CDT IV Orphan

+ Support

Without the tools that a RE uses, how can a GO properly lead the RE? They are supposed to do similar jobs, and GO is supposed to help "lead" RE, yet dont even get the tools to hack. Not to mention, RE is kind of hard to find in an event, the closest you get is the IC (which at the moment can barely be compared to GO due to the fact that GO is severely lacking). As a trial GO, one of the first things i noticed was how different and lacking the loadout was (plus the neglect of the website, though thats off topic). This would strengthen the GO role in so many ways and bring back the competition to get in! Medical is always full, yet it seems like a struggle to keep people in GO, which is very sad. This would be SO helpful to Gunnery!! Please make this happen!

4 hours ago, OrphanBonker said:

+support 

As a GM and a RE I see both sides sorta, when IC is lacking its RE's job to clear the droppods and obstructions, Gunnery is RE's close relative on the server and they have access to the documents for explosives and hacking (i think)

They do, yet they dont even get the tools to hack or use/defuse explosives! How silly is that?

Edited by vinnytheman
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, vinnytheman said:

+ Support

Without the tools that a RE uses, how can a GO properly lead the RE? They are supposed to do similar jobs, and GO is supposed to help "lead" RE, yet dont even get the tools to hack. Not to mention, RE is kind of hard to find in an event, the closest you get is the IC (which at the moment can barely be compared to GO due to the fact that GO is severely lacking). As a trial GO, one of the first things i noticed was how different and lacking the loadout was (plus the neglect of the website, though thats off topic). This would strengthen the GO role in so many ways and bring back the competition to get in! Medical is always full, yet it seems like a struggle to keep people in GO, which is very sad. This would be SO helpful to Gunnery!! Please make this happen!

MASSIVE SUPPORT+ 
Gunnery should be able to do what its intended purpose is, I see no problem with these additions!

• Like 1

Former Moderator. Admiral Garrick Versio, Security Director, (Longtime SSO) Nova BHS Major Falkery NT05
spacer.png

1 hour ago, vinnytheman said:

+ Support

They do, yet they dont even get the tools to hack or use/defuse explosives! How silly is that?

+ Support. With the brief time I spent as a GO, having these tools would've made my time as one much more enjoyable

• Like 1

Current

R DT COL PR0 | R Captain Proteus

Former

Grand Moff Tarkin | [1st Gen] Imperial Senior Commander 2x ISB 021 Agent Kallus | Last Admiral Kallus, Shortest term as Admiral Kallus (4 hours)

+ Support!

Before, like every other Naval Specialty, they received their respective regiment's Officer whitelist (in their case, Havoc). With the removal of Havoc the GOs loadouts don't match up to the Regimental Engineer Loadouts like they should, these suggestions are a great alternative in place of them receiving regimental engineer whitelists.

Edited by 99 dead raccoons
  • Like 1

+Support

As a Senior Gunnery Officer, you don't know how many times during tryouts I've had to try and see if another engineer can help me during tryouts to plant a detonator on the wall, put a shield down for cover, etc. when that doesn't have to be necessary, especially if I have to call them over to MHB to get them to do so. Especially as, like other comments here have said, not having the tools makes it hard to do our jobs as Gunnery, which is primarily described as "leading/overseeing the Regimental Engineers". Yes, we also are supposed to man and manage the Turbolasers and its targeting system, but we are also meant to help the Regimental Engineers to do their jobs when there aren't any available. Without the tools, how are we supposed to do this? Please get these tools added asap!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:27 AM, Braylen Yorn said:

+ Support to this

This is my second run as a Gunnery Officer and we have never had the tools needed for us to properly do our job. I've been in events with very few RE and I couldn't do any of the hacking because I didnt have the tools. Every other specialty in Navy gets the tools of their respective regiment i.e., Security Officers have the proper arrest devices, medical officers have medical tools, etc. Please add this to GO

• Like 1

• Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! Please allow up to a week for this suggestion to be successfully implemented into the server.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

• Gaminglight Love 1