General Suggestion: Proposed Rules Update for SCPRP - SCP 106 - Accepted [Completed]

Regr3tti

EDIT: I've changed directions and make a working complete redesign of SCP 106, the post about it is here:

• What are you suggesting? - Just some minor updates I'd like to see. For reference I'll post the current rules, and then with my changes below that, I have removals with strike through and highlighted in purple like this, and additions to the rules are highlighted like this. The most impactful change I'd like to see is to the teleport ability (106 is already allowed to teleport through doors and walls). Proposed Rule change is below.

Proposed Rules:

SCP-106: A keter class SCP. SCP-106 can move through physical matter and is extremely dangerous. He can send people to the, "Pocket dimension" if he wishes, let's just say you do not want to go there. In the event of him escaping from his containment cell, foundation personnel are to sacrifice someone in the femur breaker. This will draw SCP-106 back to his containment.

• SCP 106 is recontained by placing a D-Class in SCP-106’s containment cell and activating the femur breaker. SCP 106 must call a staff sit and then roll against a staff member. If SCP 106 wins the roll off against the staff member 106 is able to remain breached for an additional 10 minutes. At the conclusion of the 10 additional minutes MTF must activate the femur a second time. If 106 fails the roll off, or the femur breaker is activate a second time, SCP 106 must promptly return to it's CC or promptly call a staff sit to be returned to its CC. Once SCP 106 arrives, raise the containment cell to complete the process. The recontainment cooldown timer starts when SCP 106 is back in its CC.
  • An attempt must be made to use a D-Class in the femur breaker first, however, if the attempt is unsuccessful any Foundation or CI member may take the place of a D-Class.
  • Your SWEP has a 15 second cool down between sending personnel to the pocket dimension.
  • Never use your SWEP against other SCPs.
  • You can only teleport through doors, floors, ceilings, props, and walls, not open space. SCP-106 can teleport into a wall and teleport around inside the wall, but must exit through the same wall or a wall/ceiling/floor directly connected to the room from which SCP-106 originally entered. There may not be more than 2 doorways or 1 wall/ceiling/floor (whichever is fewer) separating where you enter and exit walls/ceilings/floors.  SCP 106 is not allowed to exit the playable map at anytime, and is prohibited from entering staff only areas, and prohibited from camping staff only areas and spawns.
  • 106 is prohibited from running.
  • You cannot leave the foundation at any time.
  • May not enter staff room

• How would this change better the server? - It would provide clarity to what 106 can and cannot TP through, would allow a little bit of additional mobility for 106, and the rules would match the reality of playing as 106 (e.g., TPing through prop is an inevitability at some points). it should be clarified that 106 can also TP through props, floors, and ceilings when there is a playable area there, which better fits the reality of the map; also, 106 should be allowed limited abilities to teleport through open space with a cooldown to make it fair and balanced when playing as 106 and add to the roleplay/scare factor without letting 106 simply zoom up to everyone they see.
  • Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I don't think so.
  • Who would this change mostly benefit? - People currently unclear on the rules for 106, which is people playing as 106 and people who get sent to the pocket dimension by 106.
  • Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Regr3tti
  • Gaminglight Love 1

There's a suggestions section for SCPRP, follow the format listed there and post everything there using said format

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

1 minute ago, Cecil Stedmen said:

There's a suggestions section for SCPRP, follow the format listed there and post everything there using said format

Would you mind linking me? I looked for it before posting this and couldn't find it.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

Forum Diplomat Message
Moved to correct section
Please make sure to edit your post to follow the format!

Senior Diplomat Crunch

• Like 1

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

• Regr3tti changed the title to General Suggestion: Proposed Rules Update for SCPRP - SCP 106

-Support

Its just minor rewording something that doesn't need to be reworded. Also it doesnt make sense that 106 would be able to teleport through open space.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

-Support

Teleporting through open space is not something 106 could do in lore. The rest is implied (camping spawns) or just seems like laziness (asking staff to return you to your CC instead of walking back)

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support on the clarifications as well as allowing him to go through props but -support for the transporting through open space

Thank you all for the feedback. I now agree with those of you who have said that SCP-106 should NOT be allowed to Teleport in open space, reading through the SCP posts about 106 there is no mention that I saw of 106 being able to do that, I will edit my post in agreement. That said, it should be clear that SCP-106 is able to teleport into a solid object (e.g.  a wall) and come out of any solid object connected to it (e.g. higher up on the wall, from the ceiling, from the floor, etc.). Below is a crude drawing, the left side is a top down image showing that while SCP-106 cannot teleport through open space, it can teleport into the wall and come out of the wall further down the hallway, the right side of the image is a face-front view showing SCP-106 can come out of the wall at a different height and from a different angle than he originally entered. This is backed up by the lore.

Edit: I changed my original post to remove edits to the "Open Space" rules for teleporting, and added the following sentence: SCP-106 can teleport into a wall and teleport around inside the wall, but must exit through the same wall or a wall/ceiling/floor directly connected to the room from which SCP-106 originally entered. There may not be more than 2 doorways or 1 wall/ceiling/floor (whichever is fewer) separating where you enter and exit walls/ceilings/floors.

I think that more clearly explains the limits of the teleport, and allows SCP-106 the ability to use the teleport function in a way that conforms to the lore, while not making it OP by restricting SCP-106 to not "reentering" too far away from where they originally "entered" a wall, essentially saying you can enter adjacent rooms but cannot bypass a hallway in its entirety.

image.thumb.png.306867f9b63e85a01350325225df53df.png

Edited by Regr3tti

Would allow for a more fun "chase" when encountering 106. Instead of him just walking behind you slowly hoping to catch you on a door, he can ambush or cut you off. Adds more depth to the hunter and hunted. Only downside I could see is it being super abusable. The ability to pop out of a wall and immediately nab someone would be annoying and has little counterplay.

+support

On 6/4/2022 at 8:42 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

Teleporting through open space is not something 106 could do in lore. The rest is implied (camping spawns) or just seems like laziness (asking staff to return you to your CC instead of walking back)

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

Id much rather a rework of 106 swep to allow 106 to have "save point" in which it can teleport too. Also allowing 106 to just walk through ppl/doors would be another feature id like in a swep. We do have it planned but no dev to code sadly.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:19 PM, Coltable said:

Id much rather a rework of 106 swep to allow 106 to have "save point" in which it can teleport too. Also allowing 106 to just walk through ppl/doors would be another feature id like in a swep. We do have it planned but no dev to code sadly.

+Support for this ^
+Support for eveything besides teleporting through ceilings as he cannot jump (He is called "The Old Man" for a reason) or make a portal to walk through on air

On 6/4/2022 at 8:42 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

He did not suggestion to TP through open space unless you mean the ceiling thing.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Just now, Pills said:

He did not suggestion to TP through open space unless you mean the ceiling thing.

Suggestion was edited

• Like 2

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

I like the effort in the suggestion, and I think this makes a lot of sense in my opinion. +Support

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

6 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

I like the effort in the suggestion, and I think this makes a lot of sense in my opinion. +Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 6/4/2022 at 8:14 PM, ItzGray said:

-Support

Its just minor rewording something that doesn't need to be reworded. Also it doesnt make sense that 106 would be able to teleport through open space.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 6/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, Nydekore said:

Teleporting through open space is not something 106 could do in lore.

You do know that actually coding him to go through the floor or through the wall to end up on the other side of an area could be fairly hard to code it would be quicker to just let him teleport through open air

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

• 10 months later...