General Suggestion- 2 Life Rule Change - Denied

Carrotss

What are you suggesting? - 

I am suggesting that people may have the ability to have a third life if they get permission from a member of command in the branch they are trying to join. 

How would this change better the server? - 

Some players can't handle 3 lives and I understand that but just because some can't doesn't mean we should limit everyone. Getting approval from a member of command will ensure that slots aren't just filled up with dead members and that people who are wanting to do more have to put in that extra work of reaching out to join, which would show initiative of them wanting to be there. 

I understand the hardships of running a sector or assisting in it so a limitation could be put into place on the third life on if they can reach command or if they just cannot be apart of command.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

I believe the only disadvantage I could see is that some members of command would have a bit more work. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

Anyone who is looking to do more or have something to do in the off time of their other lives will benefit from and enjoy this change. I also believe anyone who is wanting to explore more or has been itching at joining another brach will enjoy this as well. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

I mean this is already an issue being worked on, so neutral ig.

I can’t find the forums post, but it was recently said to be looked into.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+/- Support

Mostly leaning towards -support only because it seems unnecessary. Most branches have a very high rank limit you can hit before it counts as a life.
Security: LCPL | Research: Researcher | Maintenance: Command | Medical: Command | Nu-7: NCO | E-11: NCO | D5: NCO | CI (both): RCT
This mostly applies to being in command in more than 2 branches. 
One person could be | Security PVT, Associate Researcher, Maintenance Expert, Elite Medic, Nu-7 (LIFE 1), E-11 CPL, *no D5*, CI (LIFE 2)
In this example, this person can be in every branch except 1 combative branch, and 1 of the two CI. This may not even be correct and they may have even more options.

It sounds a bit scummy but I would be ok if it was some form of premium to have more than 2 lives. If you had to buy some $10-$15 package that granted you a third life it would show the command that you are dedicated to the server and willing to dedicate time to be these high ranks in these different branches.

- Support

About the permission, there is no way for a command member to be able to tell if this person will have the time to dedicate to another branch, so they would just end up having to guess. The current system where certain branches works well enough to prevent dead players. 

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

-Support

Being command/senior enlisted in 3 branches wouldn't be easy, you would need to spend tons of time on the server.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

-Support

2 Life Rule should remain 2 lives, It'd be crazy to have 3 and spread your time evenly. 

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

-Support
This has probably been discussed to death, moving the discussion to lifting the 2 Life rule to a higher rank for some branches might make more sense and actually get somewhere, at that point though you'd want to talk to HCMD for those branches specifically, but the chance of getting command in 3 different branches is a crazy idea and having to spread your time amongst them is insane.

Edited by K I W W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

4 minutes ago, CyClone said:

-support

no, you don't need more than 2 lives. No way you can balance 3 or more branches and be considered active.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 6/11/2022 at 12:06 AM, Zack / Zarl said:

- Support

About the permission, there is no way for a command member to be able to tell if this person will have the time to dedicate to another branch, so they would just end up having to guess. The current system where certain branches works well enough to prevent dead players. 

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+Support 

I dont get why people keep saying it absurd to balance time. If the player wants to try to balance it let them, they know their own limits and if they ever go inactive on one just remove them. The life limit so far just keeps people from experiencing branches that they may want to join but it take a life immediately such as CI and Nu7.