General Suggestion - Mic-spam Rules and Allowing Music With the N Word [Completed]

LilThinMints

Before -Supporting, Please Read Below;

Suggestion:

- I am suggesting to revise micspam/soundboard rules, and allowing the Nword within music. It was pointed that micpamming/soundboards is against the motd, however its become such a normal and standard thing that it should be removed from the MOTD. Even high staff ranks, high command ranks, and everyone higher or lower hears soundboards daily. For the most part they are completely harmless. Most people also don't have a problem with it. Removing this rule, except for extremely loud music, would benefit all soundboard users. Allowing the N Word would VASTLY broaden the amount of music allowed and has ABSOLUTELY NO DOWNSIDES.

"We need to enforce 0 Tolerance" Then just allow people to say it. Its the internet. Were on a server where people shoot themselves/take cyanide to kill themself, hostag situations, torture, war crimes, human rights violations, and a bunch of other stuff. Someone saying the n word over the internet wont hurt ANYONE. Even the handful of black people who play the server, myself included wouldn't care.

Typical Responses:
"Just find a clean version!"
Clean versions A, censor every swear word and B, don't feel or sound the same at all.

"Find music without the N Word"
An entire genre is almost full of music with the n word, its literally a word that's engrained into black culture, including music

"Saying the n word is racist"
Its the same as saying dude, or guys, and isnt even treated as a slur in music.

"People will abuse it"
Okay? 3 clicks and they're banned for a week.

The upsides go on and on, there's so many reasons to implement it and so little not to.

How would this change better the server?

-Allow daily soundboard use without getting smited by tmods

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain.

NONE💀

Who would this change mostly benefit?

Anyone with a soundboard

Edited by LilThinMints
  • Heart-Eyes 1

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

Unpopular opinion, but I have no objection to this. I get we have a 0 tolerance policy, but if it's not something being used to bypass the current 'No Racism' rule, I have no objection. Hopefully people leave their response truly on their opinion and not based on rules already have in place.  

• Like 3

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

+support

Yall know that the filtration process between racist micspam and just playing music is...hilariously easy, right?

Seriously yall remind me of my lil white spanish teacher from a small town in the midwest, at a high school in the midwest, who tried to tell a black teen from seattle he couldnt say the n-word, and was left struggling for words and reasons when he asked "Why?"

Kids??? You shittin me? if they have made it to both Gmod and SCP, they are way beyond savin, believe me. The N-word is probably mild to them at most. 

"oH bUt No MiCsPaM" Suck a dick, tbh.  It stops no one, and the rule primarily applies to OBNOXIOUS mic spam, i.e someone just playing earrape or stupid shit.

yall playin' gmod, you think you know racism on this game? go play border rp, go on, hop on it, if i were to walk down the main road and took a shot for every slur I saw on signs and text screens, I would die of alcohol poisonin before I made it halfway. Thats what yall seem to think this shit is gon become when it aint. 

It is not the end of the world I PROMISE you. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

+Support

I feel like there will be scenarios where this creates issues but if you have a clipping software ready, there is no downsides.

• Heart-Eyes 1

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+support 

Like others said, it would be very easy to differentiate between a song that uses it casually and a song that uses it in a racial way. Just leave a rule stating obviously racist use of it in a song is still punishable so people don't make the "but it's not in the motd!!!!" argument.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

2 minutes ago, Loaff said:

+support 

Like others said, it would be very easy to differentiate between a song that uses it casually and a song that uses it in a racial way. Just leave a rule stating obviously racist use of it in a song is still punishable so people don't make the "but it's not in the motd!!!!" argument.

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

+ support

huge difference between people just racism micspamming and people playing songs with the n word in it

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

38 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

Unpopular opinion, but I have no objection to this. I get we have a 0 tolerance policy, but if it's not something being used to bypass the current 'No Racism' rule, I have no objection. Hopefully people leave their response truly on their opinion and not based on rules already have in place.  

+Support

No one I know gives a fuck...

+ SUPPORT

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

34 minutes ago, Loaff said:

+support 

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+Support

even if its abused, like he said: it doesnt take long to file a report and ban someone

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

2 hours ago, Loaff said:

+support 

I agree with this like music is fine but when it comes to someone playing music that is just racist they can be reported and delt with

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

+ Support

As Thin said, it takes 3 clicks to ban someone, even if you are a mod/smod, it is extremely easy to make a ban request, takes less than a minute.

And tbh, only time I’ve ever really warned someone for micspamming, the dude was playing a really fucking loud sound, and a lot of people already asked him to stop.

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

+/- Support 

If the majority of the community wants it, then it can't be that bad, right? 

But this'll just make another gray area that I can already tell will catch people with no malicious intent and not stop some people with it. 

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

I mean if people want it then sure? however

Do not spam annoying sounds or messages on your mic or in the chat. This includes but is not limited to:

Soundboards

Music

would just be breaking a different rule only reason why im neutral

(Also the only benefits are the people below 16 or extremely toxic people can enjoy it with more downsides but if most people want it then sure)

Edited by FeaR x Green Pikachu

4 hours ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

I mean if people want it then sure? however

Do not spam annoying sounds or messages on your mic or in the chat. This includes but is not limited to:

Soundboards

Music

would just be breaking a different rule only reason why im neutral

(Also the only benefits are the people below 16 or extremely toxic people can enjoy it with more downsides but if most people want it then sure)

22 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

It was pointed that micpamming/soundboards is against the motd, however its become such a normal and standard thing that it should be removed from the MOTD. Even high staff ranks, high command ranks, and everyone higher or lower hears soundboards daily. For the most part they are completely harmless. Most people also don't have a problem with it. Removing this rule, except for extremely loud music, would benefit all soundboard users.

This tho?

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians