Coltable - Admin Report- Denied

Sparkle

10 hours ago, Eaten said:

💀 💀
Finals, along with anything else that could possibly effecting his activity could come into play right now, nobody can put 100% effort in with much more important things to care about, and with me not even being able to play but coltable telling me stuff about what he's done shows that he actually has done alot with out even putting 100% of his time in. 

Do you guys just not care about the other points made? Yall just seem very committed to pick needles out of haystacks to invalidate everything else. No mention of how the branches have been fairing? No mention of my secondary reponses? Im already concerned of what your original message included and it is just not a good look period.

Anyways...

10 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

Here's a quick solution to this issue! There's 2 Managers, 3 Head Admins, and 1 Head of Staff. There's more people to go to if someone isn't responding. Also Branch Updates can just go on the forums, and management can drop feedback & questions on the post itself, instead of having to be bothered with every small change. I see going directly to the manager every single time is avoiding the whole purpose of Chain of Command. You're asking from better communication from Coltable, but there's so many more people that can alternatively be contacted about issues that need to be addressed. Those people can then forward it to the Manager when he is free. It isn't Coltables job to inform the community about his personal life, and why he'll be unavailable for a small period of time, it's his job to ensure the server is running smoothly. Coltable has already done his job, by setting up a Chain of Command of competent management that is able to assist in that task overall. 

I'm interested in seeing a counter response to this, if you're willing to respond again, but that's just how I see this in my opinion. 

Onto the counter you have been waiting on. Who are the only people able to approve suggestions? Manager+. Who are the only people to give yay or nays to implementations outside of such? Manager+. No JMT or SMT outside of the rank of Manager or Owner are able to deviate from the instructions that come from them specifically. They cannot act on implementing job changes, MOTD changes, addon implementations without their approval. While Head Admin+ may have abilities granted to them, they cannot actually do so or physically push those updates without them.  I am absolutely certain you know of that being JMT yourself. With that explanation out of the way, onto the issue and examples at hand.

I have stated in some command and high command meetings "communication is a two-way street, not one". While theoretically Head Admin can be a point of contact regarding most of the changes, once the mentions of addons, new MOTD rules, custom weapons, new jobs with questions additions. Then the response is "I have to get the Managers word on this". Then goes up the stream. Which covers your point perfectly. And we can work towards that again. But unfortunately, this report is specific to mishandling of items that were already in his care. I believe I brought up a very specific example that Coltable himself worked with Security and in turn Security and Sixx couldn't receive much anything. Quick recap if you didn't read it before:

On 6/6/2022 at 10:40 PM, Sparkle said:

Security is a very extreme example of where things began falling apart. Yes, this about the HIRU job. In long summary, this was a little bit after the rejection of the D-Class Weapon Cache raid system and Juggarnaut H.U.L.K. (which the community rejected, we accepted that loss and it was a heavy one with months of preparation and some cash down the drain)
Link for those unaware: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/88909-security-branch-update-4222-completed/
Coltable himself worked with Security on a replacement job which spawned the HIRU. He personnaly brought the job to us to vote on 4/11/22. This job also included a weapon which he asked us about and overwhelmingly convinced us it was all good. We voted 7 - 0 with small skepticism but point stands. Updates were asked for this job on multiple occasions in Site Admin channels. Coltable was pinged on some of those occassions and no reponse was received (at one point on the same day he responded to something completely different 3 hours apart). Also during this period, other proposals were brought to us to vote on as well while this one was approved and sitting. At one point, Security High Command came to me personally about someone had told them that Site Admin wasn't onboard. That was what got me very heated because I had to be the one to sit in front of them and say otherwise. 

It wasn't until 5/21/22 that we were finally given word by Chief then later Coltable, that the job was being held in a turnaround of opinion. While I am not hard pressed about the turn of opinion, it hurts to see just a few sentences take so long and couldn't even be brought to Security personally considering it was his development. It had to be delivered by proxy which caused some hurt.

While Coltable may come in and say he did eventually meet with High Command to smooth it out, it is the principle of the issue.

So what happens when items go upstream but nothing is sent downstream for an extended period of time? Do you face it yourself as the middleman to explain just that? Arguable that is what myself and Sixx had to do. And it was due to unwillingness to face the tune of the music. Another original post point if you didn't read that either:

On 6/2/2022 at 12:29 AM, Sparkle said:

Additionally, if Coltable was concerned about the quality of SCP-RP content, he would find substitutes to speak to HCMD, or SA (about said content) on his behalf. Branch Updates have been delayed weeks due to unavailability, or unwillingness to discuss terms about new ideas, and workshop items. Although I do believe that the presence of a Server Manager in game isn’t a necessity, his presence in all other aspects still needs to meet the servers demands, which he has shown to not be the case.

I counter that I am again not asking for 24/7 availability and once again applaud the efforts he has done up to this point. But there is a level of tolerance of hurt before it starts to squeeze. And I argue that squeeze has already started.

To finish up your points,

• We have been told it was not a good idea to post branch updates with unapproved addons. So if we are stuck, we are stuck at the top of the ladder.
  • If the small and petty stuff were that much to be unbothered with, he has the ability to send it downstream with a simple message. For people that come to me personally, I always try to respond in some fashion, put them in the queue, or send them back downstairs if it's something I shouldn't be handling. If I miss something and I'm notified, I double that effort even if it means "I'll get back to you, I got you on queue".
  • When we are looking to him for stuff, we don't expect stuff in a snap or immediately. But we still wish to at least be heard at SOMEPOINT so we can all move on.
  • The things about personal life and the who, what, when, where, and whys. That is his personal responsibility to manage that and his alone and it was explained in site admin channels to not use that as an excuse. We never asked for personal details and the whole thing, if he needed the space he would let us know. I already stated in my initial counter (if you didn't read that either), that he had handled those steps correctly but then the rest wasn't. He took that LOA, we respected that space, we had that covered. It was what wasn't handled before and after that triggered why we are here.

It isnt difficult to spend 10-15 minutes out of your day to open discord on your phone and reply to dm's, even if its a "I cant really focus on that now" or a "I have you on queue" 

He does stuff right (except TTK. fuck current TTK) and is a chill guy to be around and has alot on his plate (developers wont help :pognt:) but communication is easy to do and very important

+Support 

• Like 1

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

6 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

It isnt difficult to spend 10-15 minutes out of your day to open discord on your phone and reply to dm's, even if its a "I cant really focus on that now" or a "I have you on queue" 

He does stuff right (except TTK. fuck current TTK) and is a chill guy to be around and has alot on his plate (developers wont help :pognt:) but communication is easy to do and very important

+Support 

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:48 PM, Pure said:

That was then, it had restrictions but when BOx became DDOP he didn’t care what so even neither did Vendertech or cloaker, it made bio’s stupid asf to the point where I would see crossfire w it

thanks for the name drop I did care about it I even tried to get bio completely redone, I was the one that raised bio rank requirements, make it more strict, and tried to make it less OP but there's only so much you can do when you have someone that is biased to favor a sub-branch and cares more about bio than the branch it's self. Just because one HCMD made stupid decisions doesn't mean the rest should be dragged down with it.

As for the report -Support, I could type 500 words on it but I think the other posts have given my general reasoning.

Edited by Cloaker
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

On 6/2/2022 at 10:34 AM, BadAim said:

-Support 

I'm not even an active community member and I can see how far Coltable has gone for the benefit of the server. He's always looking for feedback from friend groups based around SCP-RP, looks at other SCP-RP servers to see what he can do to change his own for the better, and he's so much more of a friendly face compared to previous managers. This is a crunch time for most college students in the world as summer courses need to be registered for, and some (from what I'm hearing this is what Coltable has going on) have finals to take still. Graduation takes priority over management and I don't blame him at all for not being able to put 100% into GL rn.

- support
I just rejoined the server for the first time in a long time, and I've actually wanted to keep playing somehow, probably because Coltable is a great manager and has made great changes to the server.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:02 AM, Sixx said:

Honestly, Coltable is a good manager when he's actually present and able to dedicate time to the server... Far better than the previous Manager (I don't mean Igneous, The other one).

basically my feelings ^

you cant blame a college kid when he doesnt want to dedicate the little free time he has to "SCP RP GMOD", he's been working hard as it and everyone deserves a break

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

-Support

While i do agree he could handle communication better in response to branch updates everything else in this post is just saying someone isnt doing enough because they have a life outside of a Gmod server (a mid one ngl) especially when it comes to him being in collage and having finals around the same time, id say that this is a sort of over reaction.

+/- Support (Just saying that so forums diplomate don't remove it for not contributing, this is more of my personal experience regarding the topic)

So as much as it could be argued that medical was the branch to suffer a large loss of activity, I still can't completely side one or the other.

Yes the allegations of stalling are quite true, but not as much anymore. A few months ago, it was very common for him to ghost a bunch of HCMD and just dip from the face of the picture for me and New Rowphin.

More recently however, he has been a lot more communicative and reasonable when it comes to suggestions. I'm sure it could be said that his in game activity could be better, but in my eyes that isn't a priority for a manager, doing suggestions and branch updates is their priority, to which he is doing much better.

Tbh, Jayden should be the one receiving this report. No offense to him, but I don't think I've interacted with him once regarding anything branch update related or manager stuff, he just doesn't respond.

• Like 2

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

+|- support

Coltable I love you, however people bring up a good point. I agree with both sides so that’s why + and -

However, it’s been like 17 days since this post and unless i’m completely blind there is no response from you which in my opinion i believe to be immature and need to own up to problems and face them.

• Dislike 1

oofwill2.png

3 hours ago, oofWill said:

+|- support

Coltable I love you, however people bring up a good point. I agree with both sides so that’s why + and -

However, it’s been like 17 days since this post and unless i’m completely blind there is no response from you which in my opinion i believe to be immature and need to own up to problems and face them.

I couldn't have said better, answer and give us your POV of the situation. 

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

On 6/18/2022 at 12:54 AM, Zack / Zarl said:

+/- Support (Just saying that so forums diplomate don't remove it for not contributing, this is more of my personal experience regarding the topic)

So as much as it could be argued that medical was the branch to suffer a large loss of activity, I still can't completely side one or the other.

Yes the allegations of stalling are quite true, but not as much anymore. A few months ago, it was very common for him to ghost a bunch of HCMD and just dip from the face of the picture for me and New Rowphin.

More recently however, he has been a lot more communicative and reasonable when it comes to suggestions. I'm sure it could be said that his in game activity could be better, but in my eyes that isn't a priority for a manager, doing suggestions and branch updates is their priority, to which he is doing much better.

Tbh, Jayden should be the one receiving this report. No offense to him, but I don't think I've interacted with him once regarding anything branch update related or manager stuff, he just doesn't respond.

6 hours ago, Jayden said:

You messaged me once... the day of me getting Manager. I'm having a hard time piecing together how I just "don't respond" when you have yet to send me another message since then, in the time I've been Manager.

zack.png

Easy as heck counterpoint.

It appears you did not respond to a very, very legitimate question. While you may have JUST gotten Manager, it doesn't take more than 1 minute to write out:

"Hey, I just got here, I need some time to learn everything. It will be a while. Speak to a Head Admin that can put on queue."

Covers my points, covers Talila's points.

I WILL say @Zack / Zarl did a wrong callout cause this post understood you are very new to this. However, two wrongs don't make a right.

• Laughing 1

• Owner

I think the main dilemma with this situation is the assumption of manager responsibilities. While it is recommended that managers converse with players regularly it is not required nor is it their first priority. It is actually recommended that they focus on other things and manage the SMT. If the managers responded to every message that is sent to them all the servers would be in a MUCH worse state. I think one thing that the players can do better to avoid all the complaints in this report is use Chain of Command. There will be VERY rare circumstances where a player or staff member will contact myself or managers directly. All of that should go through JMT or Head Admins first. 

In the future, to avoid these issues I would suggest not assuming that the manager has to do everything on the server (including answering every question sent to them). We have other SMT and staff for a reason. Now, if your complaint is that as a whole the staff team has not been communicating with the players enough then yes that is a valid complaint which can/will be addressed. 

Also, another thing. The reason that Coltable has not replied to this is that he is not allowed to. It is part of our SMT handbook.

I will be locking this now as future posts will not add anything to this topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Gaminglight Love 1