An honest critique of GL and its practices (opinion piece)

Tomato

2 hours ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

And now everyone and their mom is sprayin negevs and one tapping tank classes. Delightful.

If you payed attention to the suggestion you would see that was not the original intention of the post.

Snipers, sure. but LMG's were meant to be suppressing fire weapons you could shoot for a long time. coltable did the all negev thing himself

AR's, Shotguns, SMG's, and Pistols still need changes. Badly

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

Tbh when shit that changes the server is getting thought up the average player should be able to give their opinion on it instead of getting it dropped on their head randomly.

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

Very well said, if I hadn’t already left because of other reason I was gonna leave soon anyways. GL felt like a chore to get on most days. You know, with how much money is made daily from all the donation weapons, sweps, and custom CC’s (you even advertise the most donated daily on the front page) We’d be able to use some resources to find more dev team members besides 2 college age teenagers with lives. The server is stagnant, there’s been very little change in the past 5-6 months. If we keep treading the same water of new donator weapons every like 3 weeks and nothing meaningful being added I can’t see a future for this server past another 8-10 months. Other people won’t say, high up people too, but we’re painfully aware of the stagnation and how much it’s effecting player count, the server, everything. I just want this server to have the same wonder and mystery it had back when I joined over a year ago. I KNOW SMT is doing their best but it’s 2 college kids getting paid god knows how much to try and make a GMod server work on spit and bubblegum. 

• Like 1

I fully agree with this post. I remember a time when security would get two pages in the tab menu during meetings and a page during peek hours (might I add during the school year). It would get so crazy that SMT had to move our meetings to the admin room. Security was at its peek and its CMD was doing an excellent job to achieve that. But obviously it was all in vain. All within a matter of 24 hours a new donator item was released. The CSGO knives. With that, came waves of class-D having a field day against securirty. Needless to say it was only a matter of time until securities activity faultered. And it didnt take long. We went from having a page of security during peek hours to barely half a page, and the best part is... Security HCMD, who helped increase this activity and worked tirelessly on something they truly believed and had fun in, were used as the scapegoats and demoted. This server promotes donator items and gets rid of the loyal people that actually make the server what it is.

I speak the truth

Currently Nothing of Gensec, SCP-RP

13 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

I said you resigned to save you embarrassment 💀, I also offered you Senior Event Team as it was originally a demotion. I felt like it'd be more appropriate and a kind gesture to say you resigned, then announcing 'Goat got removed'! I also promoted Kieran due to his dedication, considering he also had multiple promotion recommendations by SMT & was doing extremely well at the time. Sorry you felt that way! 

You got on twice in three months, and when told to get active you asked 'why do I need be active, I'm ETAL'? 

Being 100% honest all of the higher ranking people are just very biased towards kieran

• Like 3

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

9 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

If you payed attention to the suggestion you would see that was not the original intention of the post.

Snipers, sure. but LMG's were meant to be suppressing fire weapons you could shoot for a long time. coltable did the all negev thing himself

AR's, Shotguns, SMG's, and Pistols still need changes. Badly

Yuh i know that wasnt the intention, the intention just aint relevant anymore, suggestion went through, LMGS and Snipers are all that matter rn.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach
As I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria

16 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

Server isn't pay to win. ZJ proved that with is 1080 no scopes

What gaminglight IS suffering is Snowflakes, bitches (in the annoying version), slight to mediocre friend groups and corruption (RP leadership) and people who don't know what dafuq they are doing. 

Engaged in crime I grasp my throat
Enraged my mind starts to smoke
Enforce a mental overload
Angry again, angry again, angry owe!

'Cause you can't feel my anger
You can't feel my pain
You can't feel my torment
Driving me insane

16 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

he was one of the most active ET... 

If you actually announced he got demoted/removed for inactivity everyone would be like "the fuck?"

Thats what im saying dawg he was always one of the first to comment on any problems there was and was the only one to enforce quota, they just absolutely love Kieran and would do anything to put him into a high position. When he tried to tell ET that he was removed, they kicked him from the staff discord and deleted his message.

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week