An honest critique of GL and its practices (opinion piece)

Tomato

9 minutes ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

the current E4 kinda just do sped shit, which is funny. So, respect to them.

Preach!

• Laughing 1

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

1 minute ago, Cosmic The Italian said:

Preach!

oi yall aint out the woods yet, the sf is still edgy, i just appreciate that when given an abundance of sped perms yall shouldnt have, thankfully you just do stupid shit with it lmao. That wasnt always the case, yall doin aight rn.

15 minutes ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

fr, most dono weapons gargle dick at this point.

KBS Longbow does 95 damage a headshot, the only place that damage is good enough it class D and its restricted there.

Also, JRs are the most effective and violent motherfuckers on the server. You see a JR with a five seven solo a prophet? I have. It aint that hard to cap an MF with 100 100.

Anyways, git gud aside, my honest take on GL is the following:

1: Rp fucking sucks. We dont HAVE rp, we have to force it. It got so bad that medical, a dying branch, had to be the only place that could have medkits other than medical units, but then la di da i have a CC in every fucking branch and could just hop on and off throwing my medkits to the boys, or just keepin' it for myself and being my own medic. 
What rp can you truly do that isnt /me /roll and thats good enough? I wrote test logs and only one was actually done in rp. What happened in game wasnt even rp, it was a floating chair that we threw at the walls for 10 minutes cause it was fucking hilarious, because thats how bored research got. Being RFA was tons of fun, and had good rp, but oh boy, hand selected exclusive force moment.

SFs are fucking stupid. Most are either A: Not lore compliant, and just seem like edgy powertrip OCs, or B: Shouldnt even be a hand picked force or SF? Like why is RFA handpicked, half of what research DOES in lore involves its agents on site and in the field. We are just givin exclusive perms to kids and teens who haven't had power over anything greater than what they want in their lunchbox that day, and now we let em boss around people just tryna play a video game. Here is the SFs we got:

E4, the generic edgy lone wolf group that lore wise is super cringe, but is mainly just a free-pass to minge with the other E4 and do dumb stuff. I mean, sure. I dont have any respect for pretty much any SF, and I think out of all of them E4 are given the most pointless power, but thankfully, the current E4 kinda just do sped shit, which is funny. So, respect to them.

D4, human tumors....robots...cyborg...whatever the fucks. They have the most sped weakness too, which I wont say here, but I know, and its like, cmon, of all the things yall edgy motherfuckers arent immune to, its that? Its a moot point, cause the scenarios that INVOLVE that problem are literally non existent. But no, otherwise its half the scps countered, you take my comms oh dead mans hand, oh you take me im a fucking nuke, like bro, yall called yourselves "Coldsilver" 
image.png.f3a956441b87716f642512e04e5449e1.png
Headass.

RRH, im largely fine with. They actually exist in lore, and truth be told, I dont know much of anything about em. Technically not an SF. Why aint they just a branch you gotta work your way into? Thatd be 80x better. 
Plus, code of silence is cringe, you wanna type everything? Have fun. Nice to not have to worry about that somewhere.

HSU, or should I say D4 but not D4. What is it now? HTF? ATF? NFT? I dunno it was the same shit as D4. Same problems. 

RFA, oh my baby. I dont really have too much of a problem with how we work, I just dont think we should be as secretive and serious as we were startin to get by the time I resigned. That, and we shouldnt be handpicked. Agents are important, and too much of Research is already just sittin' on your nuts anyways. 

The RP itself with SCPs is put on the back burner, the best you get is events that usually just end in chaos and violence at best, and maybe like one good scenario if you are lucky, or you lag the server, crash it, cause a mountain of problems, etc.

Combat is playing ping pong with the new meta. Oh hey, gun rework, this gun is great, time for it to be in, yknow.
Every.
Fucking.
Branch.
You want a unique loadout? Make a CC. Its what i did when I got recon force, and i stopped givin a shit and now we just have meta weapons. Yee haw. Like bro yes you are cracked with your m98b and m16a4, bro same i just killed half the server with this shit. It dont mean dick, I can run it and spray and take W's cause they're god tier guns. And in a month, they'll all be ass. Just once, I want weapon balancing to make everything viable, EVERYTHING. Not this is op this sucks everything else is aight, but everything works if you can make it work. We are a combat focused server nowadays, but even that can be a kick in the fucking nuts with hit reg and lag and shit. 

Donor store is kinda...inoffensive to me, to be honest. Some shit is good, some is bad, the rest gets you more shit to do, end of story. Not really concerned about anything there, I picked up some stuff, seems fine, worked well, good enough.

CC prices and addons, bro, im getting my balls tap danced on just reading them. My brother in christ, its not technically a lot for anybody with a job, but you got broke ass teens buyin shit and its like plz bro think about your financial stability. They're PAINFUL to look at. Jolly fucking CHRIST. 

The server itself needs more depth. The map, is just kinda... i mean it aint bad, its just, it just is. Thats it, its a map. Maybe it was cool to all of us when we joined, but like, its really just halls rooms halls room and nothing more interesting than that. The server is unoptimized, every simple thing seems to make it lag, to the point where shit gets denied because everyone assumes it causes lag. Its not the biggest secret to figure out the costs of running a gmod server, its not like you cant look it up and find shit about it. Even if this was super pricy, does it not make a bunch of money? The server is nothing if not profitable, to say the least. The daily highest donation is waved like a flag, and the top ten of all time wave their banners high on the store main page. The home page of the store, the FIRST thing you see when you click the link? Highest donations, the profitability being swung like a flag for all to see. At time of writing, the highest donation for the day is 250$. This doesn't show who else donated though, does it? Who was the last highest donator today? how much did they spend? I got outclassed when I bought my fucking CLAN within an hour for how much someone spent. 

At the end of the day, this is a gmod server, this game is sped. We need to stop catering to pussies and idiots, and start catering to a bigger playerbase. No, someone isnt gonna die because I called my friend a tard, no a black man casually sayin the n word to a friend isnt gonna end the fabric of reality, all these slurs and shit, what the fuck ever, words are words.

All in all, GL has to shape the fuck up. I dont play much anymore, and it was a rough burn out. I gave this server weeks of my time, months even, been around for over a year, gave it plenty of money. 

Gl should strive to make a server where I dont have to look back at those investments and wonder if it was worth it, or to more often than not, regret it.

Cmon zeep, you are chill as fuck from the times I have seen you talk, like in the premier jokin around and shooting the shit with people. Why we hidin and insulting people now when they say shit?

When i asked for transparency, you said it would help to not assume things. 

Would we have to assume shit if there was transparency between the community and its staff, even at the highest ranks?

No.

Cmon man, we didnt come to this forums post because we have hated this place from square one. Make it one of those servers we were happy to play on, make it something we adore again, something we can look at and say "fuck yea, i wanna get into this shit, I wanna play this shit." We all didnt keep on stayin' for nothing, make us remember why we did. 😄

I forgor EOI (im tired, aight) and it wont let me edit, so

Yall been getting your balls stepped on with nerfs and shit. I think the whole "Eye of Inquisition" thing is edgy, and pointless. Im sure CI has spies, but like...they dont gotta be pretentious like that in relation to spyin. Sleuth had it right, and its what I hope that both RFA and EOI take after. Sleuth was not handpicked, it was just thoroughly trained for, you knew the rules, and restrictions, and you were trusted with a good SUB BRANCH of a job. It had unique perms, responsibilities, but no stupid powers and needless secrecy, no hidden smoke and mirrors shit, you had a job, you did it. It wasnt hand picked, you met the rank requirement, got your training, did your job. If you fucked up or abused the shit, you would get removed from it. simple as that. Thats how it should be with stuff like that. Yall gotta go back to the good ol days, sleuth always better, and it could so revive RnD to make it non hand picked again. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

1 hour ago, Tomato said:

GL has gone almost pay to win

skill issue.

The point made here isn't entirely true. There has to be revenue made somehow. Every PVP game nowadays has some sort of intense cash flow because people know that people will buy it. I understand where you are coming from, truly. Being killed by some Gensec CC whos fueled off of huffing paint chips, monster energy and 3 bags of sour patch kids is fucking annoying. From a business standpoint however it is how issues like the lag, models, etc get fixed. I'm not disagreeing with your point but if we want custom models, better maps, and less lag then we have to suffer through some of the shit. There does need to be an extreme form of balance though.

Edited by Crunch

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

1 hour ago, Tomato said:

This is going to be a long post so bare with me for the time being.

GL has gone almost pay to win and is catering almost exclusively to combat rather than proper RP. The admins and Zeeptin are actively censoring those who speak up against them making money.

This all began yesterday when Ash was banned from the discord for having an opinion about the current state of the donations for GL. Ash was promptly told that he/she had an uneducated opinion and was banned when they spoke against the donation incentives. Zeeptin personally stepped in and I was able to share some messages to him in General on the discord. These messages were dismissed and brushed off and Zeeptin requested I make a forum post about them.

Well, Here I am.

Gaminglight SCP-RP has shifted form a RP based server to one that revolves around combat. Donation incentives over the past years have revolved around the following set of steps. Number 1, a new weapon is added to the game that is either overpriced or overpowered (Example, any of the legendary items). Number 2, that weapon causes havok on the server and is buffed shortly after release. The cycle then repeats indefinitely. The class D are given priority on the server and are handed ample opportunities to disrupt roleplay for those who wish to actually spend their time in a branch. Meanwhile, branches like Research and Medical suffer to the point where they are actively suppressed and forced to hide in bunks the whole day due to the near constant riots and unsettling in D Block. Can anyone recall a time on this server in recent memory where it was code blue and research, medical, and other branches could actually get RP done without getting murked by class D? I cant. Class D are given weapon after weapon to use against security. Now I know what you may be thinking, "The weapons are not JUST for class D. Anyone can buy them" and this is true, but from what I have seen, a majority of weapons bought on GL are used in class D riots. 

Why is combat prioritized over actual RP? Why are new weapons rolled out month after month and SCP's barley added. Why are Class D encouraged to not join a branch and keep playing as class D?

It's simply, Class D make GL money.

The server caters towards the random person who buy's Gmod, doesn't know what an SCP is, joins the server, doesn't know how to change a job and stays as class D, gets killed so they buy a weapon or two and they play for a month until they get bored and leave or eventually get banned for being racist. That is who this server caters to. Not the people who put effort into the server and spend hours of their time trying to make it better for others. This server has turned into team deathmatch with a sprinkling of SCP's on the side. Instead of putting effort into the models and fixing the horrible lag by mending the map, it's easier to put a weapon in the store that does too much damage, charge way to much for it so people think it does more, and sell it to class D. It's lazy. When is the last time a new model was added to the server that wasn't just ripped off from another game? For Christ sake we have a doofenschmertz model. Is it that hard to just come up with a dude in a science outfit?

This is ignoring the outrageous prices for a custom clan/model. Or the Fortnite dances.

Every weapon added makes the server feel like just another combat server and pushes the very ideals of the RP side away, making the server feel empty and hollow for those looking to RP.

I can hear the complaining now. "Tomato, you have no idea how to run a server! You don't know how much it costs to run a GMOD server in 2022. We shouldn't talk about money open like this!". Well, why not? Why is money on the server such a taboo topic? Why proudly flash on the homepage of the forums that someone donated if it's such an issue? I have been a loyal player on this server for 3 years. I have put over 2600 hours of my life into this server. I feel like i should have some idea where the money is going to other than the pockets of the owners. Even if that is not the case, I feel like all that donation money should have some reflection on the server.

But it doesn't does it. The server is still unoptimized. There are so many useless props on the server that serve no purpose. I cant go from LCZ to HCZ without getting massive lag spikes. God forbid the server count get above 100 players because then the lag is unbearable. How is that acceptable in 2022? If this was 2008 then yea I could see that maybe it would be hard to run a GMOD server. All that donation money coming in and the server runs like its being powered by a hamster on a wheel. There is a reason we make jokes about that. It's because its true.

And the truth will get me banned. 

By the time you are reading this I will probably be banned for having an opinion. Keep in mind, I have not insulted anyone or called anyone anything derogatory. I have not threatened anyone or done anything to get banned, but I probably will be. This server and it's owners do not like those who speak up against their ways. Frankly that is not only insulting but also scummy. Unfortunately, I have to bring up the money trail in order to get any attention. It's not like we can just reach out to Zeeptin on the discord (why even be in the discord if you are not going to interact with anyone on the server). If I am banned, it just shows that we are not allowed to have an opinion on this server at all. As a business owner and a public figure, you should be able to stand up to criticism and not throw down the ban hammer the second an opinion is made that you do not like. This is the only part of this post where I am directly referencing someone.

Zeeptin, let people speak their minds without fear of being removed.

This is to say, as long as they are actively trying to better the server. If they are just walking around calling the admins the R word then yea, ban them. But if they are concerned about the state of the server and worried about the direction it is heading, then hear them out. Even if nothing is done at all, just let them speak their mind.

Here are some steps that can be done to fix the server.

1. Fix the lag. I don't care how it's done just fix it. Get better computers to run it. Hire people to optimize the map. Get rid of useless props. Something needs to be done.

2. Remove useless SCP's and add more interesting ones. I will be happy (as I'm sure others will) to suggest fun and new SCP's to include on the server.

3. Go out of your way to encourage Class D to join a branch. Make it as easy as possible to join a branch from the menus. Advertise it in big bold letters on walls. Something.

4. Don't rush it. Take your time and do this properly. Don't just rush out a new SCP in a week and hope that keeps us quiet. 

To anyone who has an opinion on this and wants to speak up, do so in the comments here. Don't target people or call names, just voice honest criticism about the server and suggest what can be done to make it better.

I want this server to thrive. I want to see 128/128 players every day. However, if the server keeps heading in this direction, it's better off to just remove everything but gensec and class D and let them duke it out until everyone gets bored and leaves forever. 

Also, this is a totally unacceptable response to someone on the discord (see attached image).

-Tomato

image_2022-06-01_182254787.png

Boy Howdy did you hit everything right on the head, but the one thing i do wanna focus on, that alot of people are picking up on, "Gaminglight SCP-RP has shifted form a RP based server to one that revolves around combat"  This server has been going this way for a long time and thats one of the reasons that i left back in the day i was tired of the constant TDM, and alot of you are just going to ignore my view because who i was or what group i was apart of but it is what it is, i remember telling @Demon Dice(Soul) that i wasn't happy on the server for a long time because of this, and its still a shame that its never been fixed to this day, yet alone gotten worse. *Second point* I haven't played on this map a ton but even on the previous map as soon as we started getting over 100 players and we introduced any player spawned props from ETs etc the server would crap it self, and from the word i heard that when switching to this map it was meant to be so "optimized" and so good but here it is yet another map on this server and the server ultimately dying over 100 or 110

Edited by Noah Lee
  • Gaminglight Love 2

{don't attack me for this}

I think it really depends on what the community's history past, what they done, and what will do in future. Sure, they have a lot of things that are overpowered or stupid to the point of being unplayable but what I feel like is happening is that new users dont get a friendly welcome to the community. when i say that i mean that when i joined the server it was nothing but toxic people everywhere, I really didn't care about it then before leaving the community entire after and quote me on this "A Single Day."

Another thing is the whole donator weapons, i have been in servers before and i see that people just want more weapons, models, ETC. Due to content demands, after all this server has been active from 2008 to 2022 soon being to 2023 so its no Suprise they shit out a new weapon and everyone goes ham on it, Then the people complain about it next day, i really think that it should be tested out on a dev server before reaching to the public.

Current: Medical Command (Surgeon)

2 hours ago, FusionThunder said:

If this man gets banned for this im fucking out of the server

I entirely agree, I'm archiving this post as an image just for future reference.

If the server doesn't get at least something, literally anything more than a new weapon each month (I love the guitar, but still.) then I really don't get how we're supposed to keep players. Thinking from a business perspective here: You could make a cashgrab, many servers could be that. Or you could be better, keep servers high, run respectable practices and not this shit, and maybe even expand. Cause way more people would stay on with all these changes.

But even if it's funny, doing shit like this just cause you own it isn't exactly establishing a fun environment. If I really thought hard and long about it, I could make some comparisons to a book George Orwell wrote once, I can't recall the name at the moment, but freedom of speech (Non hateful speech, mind you, just criticism) along with everything else would just really be a nice thing.

Even if people don't get as much profits from this, you still owe the community who plays your servers, that gives you all of this for atleast something, it's just the right thing to do.

Finally, completely personally here, thank you Peterson, for actually having the balls to make the post.

• Like 1

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

I don't agree with everything said here but one thing I 10000% agree that the server is more PvP than anything, if it wasnt for some good friends here, I probably would have left a long time ago

• Like 2

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

this man boutta be blacklisted for this one post.

• Sad 1

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

45 minutes ago, Jayden said:

Appreciate the feedback. The topics mentioned within this post will be discussed among SCPRP SMT.

well, that's atleast a start!

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

I definitely agree with this post

This post does a good job in my opinion of addressing some concerns but I would like to add something to it,

With donation items it isn't just that we hate all donation items or that simply having them is P2W but the issue is that RP on the server is in an incredibly sorry state and in dire need of work , many things such as rp only existing as /me's, no interactable systems to actually DO the rp actions with and the systems that are in place feel like nothing more then a mini game ( see trash man ) The actions themselves don't add to the RP and the RP being done feels pointless, like there isn't some change to a narrative or anything to make it feel like your actions are worthwhile aside from the possibility of a promotion more work for you to do that still ends up feeling meaningless and the only reason people stay are the friends they make in the community. But the insult comes in when you have all these issues with rp and what do people see being added? the 43rd weapon balancing that month and donator weapons being added it starts to feel like your not meant to be there and are just an observer to the actual thing they care about, combat. which brings the thought that why do they only care for combat and adds a cynical view onto the whole situation leaving you feeling like its Pay to win cause the only things that are there are weapons.

• Like 3

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

2 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

Only LMG's and snipers got touched :sadge:

And now everyone and their mom is sprayin negevs and one tapping tank classes. Delightful.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

This was very well written and I agree with almost everything said in this post.

Additonally I want to add that whilst the server does need to make money there are other ways of making money rather then adding a new Weapon to the store. 

I bought Diamond on the server because I thought it would be really fucking cool to have access to jobs like CI infil, sarkic, E11, pathfinder and so many SCP’s. But now it feels like that whole aspect is going away and it’s turning into the situation of there is almost no reason to donate. 

There are so many things on this server that could very well make money if it was executed properly, for example the SCP job pack, it was a great idea, you have SCP’s that require a special package to be bought in order for you to play on. But instead of adding good SCP’s to this that are actually fun and good for RP we got a bird that runs around, a guy that throws a harpoon and some dinosaurs that don’t even have a cc. If SCP’s that were actually good and fun were added so many more people would purchase it and boom, not only did you just make money you also just added new SCP’s for research to test on. It’s a win for everyone all around

And I’m shocked that this hasn’t been brought up yet but I wanna talk about community blacklists. Those are not handed out like candy and when they are handed out they are for serious reasons, DDOS/DOX threats, Hacking, Promoting Suicide charge back threats (which I can understand you need to make money) all that shit.  And you look at these and go yea if someone did something this fucked up they deserve to be banned and should not be anywhere near this community. Then you realize that they can pay to be unblacklisted? We are all familiar with the phrase “Community Blacklists are no longer appealable” yet if you give Zeeptin a few hundred dollars in crypto boom welcome back clean slate. 

On top of all this I don’t think I have gone a single week without being asked the question “how long do you think gaminglight has left” this question should not have to be asked constantly and the fact that it is genuinely concerns me. Something needs to change and it needs to change fast

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

53 minutes ago, The Apple said:

I definitely agree with this post

This post does a good job in my opinion of addressing some concerns but I would like to add something to it,

With donation items it isn't just that we hate all donation items or that simply having them is P2W but the issue is that RP on the server is in an incredibly sorry state and in dire need of work , many things such as rp only existing as /me's, no interactable systems to actually DO the rp actions with and the systems that are in place feel like nothing more then a mini game ( see trash man ) The actions themselves don't add to the RP and the RP being done feels pointless, like there isn't some change to a narrative or anything to make it feel like your actions are worthwhile aside from the possibility of a promotion more work for you to do that still ends up feeling meaningless and the only reason people stay are the friends they make in the community. But the insult comes in when you have all these issues with rp and what do people see being added? the 43rd weapon balancing that month and donator weapons being added it starts to feel like your not meant to be there and are just an observer to the actual thing they care about, combat. which brings the thought that why do they only care for combat and adds a cynical view onto the whole situation leaving you feeling like its Pay to win cause the only things that are there are weapons.

Absolutely agree, something needs to change and the change needs to be a big one, otherwise, we will just keep going down and down as seen by server numbers and player count, it isn't just because of finals, let me tell you that much. 

• Like 1

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

Me and another person (Name disclosed for personal reasons) were working on a huge ass document about this same situation. A lot of this is well said, same with most of the replies. You shouldn't be allowed to buy a whole entire MTF branch. It is a speed run to high command even. There is a thin line of what is overboard on #P2W. Small knifes that do a decent amount of damage is some what fair, yes. The owner has to pay the bills. But CC's that are better than CMD jobs? Why in the hell would you be allowed to make a CC with 200/200, a duel auger, a M1A4, ect. Mostly on jobs like Security. How is that far to D-class? How is D-class CCs fair to security? I have NEVER, EVER, in my year of playing on a server, see a D-class riot with only three d-class without donation weapons win. But when there is 1 CC, 1 mobster, and a D-class with a golf club, then they make a code red. What's next? Are we going to make personalized CC's for SCPs? The models on Nu7 are really similar, what happened to the old white CMD models and the TRT model, ect. There is a rival of GL, their name is CG. Cilvil gamers is a hell of a lot better, many command have resigned from this server to go there. Hell, one of a fellow RnD Command resigned because of them. Their server makes more RP, better rules, better SCPs, better interactable, ect. Cloakers are another big problem. They make no since and add no RP on the server what so ever. Maybe as an SCP like SCP-5000, to research how he can hide in plain sight and stuff. One more thing, WHY THE (Censored word or something) IS THERE ONLY TWO TEENAGE MANAGERS? No (Censored again) wonder the server is going to shit. They say "It is hard to manage the server" and yet there is only two people managing the server.

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

Saying the quiet part out loud, finally, and while this is being brought up, I will not speak much about the current state about donations, revenue, ptw and shit because different servers simply do thing's differently. Servers like titsrp and many darkRP servers don't get much revenue and aren't well developed as a result. Servers like CvR don't get much revenue, but still thrive because of a much more active developer community. Servers like sunrust manage to thrive both economically and statistically, having a massive community that takes feedback seriously and actively seeks to change the balance. Saying gaminglight is pay to win just because a majority of the server is infact monetization doesn't make sense, especially since it's such a low optimization server already.

What really drives the stake is the clear neglect from basically all parties. The community wants change but we are still stagnate when we have zero reason to. People that aren't in branches are practically immune from consequence and there is constantly both infighting and outfighting in branches. All this talk about "Skill Issue" and "Just get better" really shows the members of the community who have zero interest in actually seeing both the community and the server grow. It's disgusting. You go to any other community and they would be utterly shocked on how self destructive GL players are, and yet its never fucking addressed because community outcry does nothing.

One of the worst things to have in a community is neglect. One day, they made massive changes to the combat systems on the server, and yet nearly 6 months later they still have not even gone close to what the community liked previously despite multiple, and i mean MUTLIPLE, attempts to invoke change. People constantly talk about how poor RP on the server is but having such poorly optimized server system completely devours any hope of even invoking any change within. The server has such poor optimization that we literally cannot enact anything that isn't a straight ripoff from the workshop because almost everything is build like my fucking Xbox one skyrim SE mod load order, where even grazing any part of balance and change spirals the server out of control.

We made the massive change to completely rework thermals and stealth classes. We made the suggestion, they made the tools, we play-tested them, and we put them on the server. Why the hell does stuff like that never happen anymore. GL is a massive community and yet the resources we have on the server are so embarrassingly low it puts unity indie developers to shame. We shouldn't be forcing jayden and coltable; the only people that can actually make developer change, to constantly take the blame for neglect when no other community member besides veesus actually takes initiative and fixes the shit that needs attention. 

If we want this community to thrive again, we need change. Not number crunching, not slider adjusting, actual, malleable, definitive change that gets us out this parasitic limbo of community and management neglect.

Case Closed.

16 minutes ago, Catalyst said:

Saying the quiet part out loud, finally, and while this is being brought up, I will not speak much about the current state about donations, revenue, ptw and shit because different servers simply do thing's differently. Servers like titsrp and many darkRP servers don't get much revenue and aren't well developed as a result. Servers like CvR don't get much revenue, but still thrive because of a much more active developer community. Servers like sunrust manage to thrive both economically and statistically, having a massive community that takes feedback seriously and actively seeks to change the balance. Saying gaminglight is pay to win just because a majority of the server is infact monetization doesn't make sense, especially since it's such a low optimization server already.

What really drives the stake is the clear neglect from basically all parties. The community wants change but we are still stagnate when we have zero reason to. People that aren't in branches are practically immune from consequence and there is constantly both infighting and outfighting in branches. All this talk about "Skill Issue" and "Just get better" really shows the members of the community who have zero interest in actually seeing both the community and the server grow. It's disgusting. You go to any other community and they would be utterly shocked on how self destructive GL players are, and yet its never fucking addressed because community outcry does nothing.

One of the worst things to have in a community is neglect. One day, they made massive changes to the combat systems on the server, and yet nearly 6 months later they still have not even gone close to what the community liked previously despite multiple, and i mean MUTLIPLE, attempts to invoke change. People constantly talk about how poor RP on the server is but having such poorly optimized server system completely devours any hope of even invoking any change within. The server has such poor optimization that we literally cannot enact anything that isn't a straight ripoff from the workshop because almost everything is build like my fucking Xbox one skyrim SE mod load order, where even grazing any part of balance and change spirals the server out of control.

We made the massive change to completely rework thermals and stealth classes. We made the suggestion, they made the tools, we play-tested them, and we put them on the server. Why the hell does stuff like that never happen anymore. GL is a massive community and yet the resources we have on the server are so embarrassingly low it puts unity indie developers to shame. We shouldn't be forcing jayden and coltable; the only people that can actually make developer change, to constantly take the blame for neglect when no other community member besides veesus actually takes initiative and fixes the shit that needs attention. 

If we want this community to thrive again, we need change. Not number crunching, not slider adjusting, actual, malleable, definitive change that gets us out this parasitic limbo of community and management neglect.

Case Closed.

2 hours ago, Its Buck said:

This was very well written and I agree with almost everything said in this post.

Additonally I want to add that whilst the server does need to make money there are other ways of making money rather then adding a new Weapon to the store. 

I bought Diamond on the server because I thought it would be really fucking cool to have access to jobs like CI infil, sarkic, E11, pathfinder and so many SCP’s. But now it feels like that whole aspect is going away and it’s turning into the situation of there is almost no reason to donate. 

There are so many things on this server that could very well make money if it was executed properly, for example the SCP job pack, it was a great idea, you have SCP’s that require a special package to be bought in order for you to play on. But instead of adding good SCP’s to this that are actually fun and good for RP we got a bird that runs around, a guy that throws a harpoon and some dinosaurs that don’t even have a cc. If SCP’s that were actually good and fun were added so many more people would purchase it and boom, not only did you just make money you also just added new SCP’s for research to test on. It’s a win for everyone all around

And I’m shocked that this hasn’t been brought up yet but I wanna talk about community blacklists. Those are not handed out like candy and when they are handed out they are for serious reasons, DDOS/DOX threats, Hacking, Promoting Suicide charge back threats (which I can understand you need to make money) all that shit.  And you look at these and go yea if someone did something this fucked up they deserve to be banned and should not be anywhere near this community. Then you realize that they can pay to be unblacklisted? We are all familiar with the phrase “Community Blacklists are no longer appealable” yet if you give Zeeptin a few hundred dollars in crypto boom welcome back clean slate. 

On top of all this I don’t think I have gone a single week without being asked the question “how long do you think gaminglight has left” this question should not have to be asked constantly and the fact that it is genuinely concerns me. Something needs to change and it needs to change fast

I couldn't have said it better than these two.  I'd also like to add onto the fact that SMT claims to have no dev team, but turns down help from the community when they want to help make models or the like for the server because of what Bread did.  Easy fix, just pay whoever creates the models $5 to have the license to use said models.  Considering GL brings in hundreds of dollars daily, that should be pretty easy...

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator