Gaminglight Server Suggestion - UNSC VS Covenant HALO RP Server

GrandNova

I really wanna see an actual good UNSC VS Covenant server on GMod again. Every now or then one pops up but it always dies cus they don't have a community and struggle to create one or kill it themselves. I have been on many of those servers and just want the same experience i had when i originally found a UNSC VS Covenant server (the only good one ever)

I am going to list a few specific details just to try and help give a basic idea of how those servers generally work best at least from my experience. If this actually manages to spark some interest i am always willing to talk about this topic as i would love it if this actually happened.

Main Basis - The entire server would be Semi Serious RP that all relates to the ongoing battle between UNSC and Covenant. It would start in a period near the start of the human covenant war and events could happen to signify important events. People on both sides would be able to deploy and go into combat with the opposite side. The entire server being PVP based.

Deployment rules - For the sake of fair combat/realistic battles there would be deployment rules based on the strength of each thing past the basic infantry. grunts and jackals as well as marines could go out whenever with absolutely no restrictions but anything above that would need a reason to go out, such as the battle being to far in the other sides favour. An example of power for certain ranks is a brute ultra taking out a whole squad of like 10 marines singlehandedly or a brute chieftain man handling like 4 spartan 3's. NLR would also be based on the rank/power of the individual so that killing something like a brute chieftain is a major win for a significant amount of time and may allow a gap in power to let others join in for the time being. The deployment rules being ignored for full scale war events in which the deployment rules are ignored for a specific time period. In order to make it so higher ranking people don't get bored they can always switch to the weakest job in their faction or a weaker life if they have it so that they may go out freely.

Capture points - Another way of causing a full scale war event besides event team would be to capture every capture point for your side (the main objective for all the skirmishes) this allows the side that has captured all the objectives to raid the enemy factions base. There could also be specific missions for certain individuals that go outside the deployment rules. Such as an Elite zealot assassinating a certain individual within the UNSC base as a lone mission. 

Permadeath - As a way to "keep things interesting" certain events or missions could have a permadeath (or PD for short) effect. Meaning if you die your character fully dies in lore. This can mean i variety of things based on the type of permadeath. Such as: Name PD: Death manes you must simply change your RP Name. No loss of rank but any RP with that character is lost and your accomplishments are reverted. Half PD: You lose anywhere from a rank to a rank reset (if you are a try-out class such as Covenant Elite or an ODST otherwise it would be a full PD) dependant on the specific rules. Full PD: Death means you must fully start over on that life, your name changes you are wiped from the roster completely and must restart (or switch to another life) This could either be an optional thing to participate in such as an event with the reward for surviving being the ability to be promoted without restriction (such as double promos and ignoring promo timer as well as just more generous promotions from command) or mandatory missions for classes that are meant to be a revolving door by nature.

PD Classes - certain classes (from my experience Spartan 3 fireteams and Elite Zealots) may be free for anyone to try-out for with no restrictions as a powerful class you can get without having to work through a whole ranking structure. But the downside would be not only the fact that it is difficult to join but also that people in these classes would be forced to go on full PD missions from time to time. Where you have to survive in order to keep the class and succeed in order to rank up. Possibly leading to a more permanent position or simply more power. Refusal to go on the mission being an instant removal.

I think that's enough to talk about. Its already an absolute wall of text but if this genuinely sparks some interest or has a chance at happening then i would love to talk about anything else anyone may have questions on. I really hope this happens. I will be checking this post occasionally to see if something has happened with it but for a more immediate response my discord is @GrandNova#9890 Feel free to ask anything there.

A video of the server i get most of the inspiration for this from that sadly shut down due to the owner destroying it himself basically. 

Just as another note the suggestion is more for the server itself then the mechanics i listed. While i think those mechanics are a good way to go don't take it as me demanding it be that way if it happens. 

Edited by GrandNova
  • Like 2
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Massive + Support

broooo this is so cool, and looks well really well thought out

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

Massive + Support

• Like 1

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+support

This sounds like a good Idea! i think it would be amazing! and the two main problems with normal gmod halo RP server  is that A they don't have a Massive community to back it up and B they never have good management. 

luckily gaminglight has a large enough community backing and has plenty of staff on hand so i don't see why this wouldn't be a fruitful endeavor!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Head Admin
On 6/18/2022 at 4:11 AM, K I W I said:

+Support 
Would bring Halo fans to the Gaming Light family, just would need a lot of dedicated people and time from the GL team to make it work

PoliceRP I Head Admin I PD: Colonel I Retired SWAT Commander Deputy Sheriff 

ImperialRP I Retired Grand Inquisitor 47th Battalion I Chimaera Legion I

• 3 weeks later...

+support

I would gladly play a Halo RP server if it were to ever come

Clarkie

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:08 AM, ShadowPL said:

On 6/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, Operator Houston said:

Massive + Support

yessir

PoliceRP Moderator.

PD MSGT,SS SA,USMS DSAC,DF PVT,EMS PM

Previous: USMS CMA,SS DD, Police RP SNR Mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 4:11 AM, K I W I said:

+Support 
Would bring Halo fans to the Gaming Light family, just would need a lot of dedicated people and time from the GL team to make it work

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

No reason for me to not support this

This looks really clean and cool! Would deff play on that server as well.

+support!!!!!

Current:  Owner of "Freedom Fighters" CCPlatnium Donator Rank | Professional Gun Lover | Certified American

Former: SCP:RP Moderator | Security DHFTO 2LT American MTF NU7 SM Chaos Insurgency R&D AIN | Chaos Insurgency Military PVT |

+Support

Bro people have been waiting so long for this, we definetly need a Halo RP server, not only will it give halo fans a place to RP in and have fun, it would also be a great benefit to gaminglight having the only playable Halo RP server, that would greatly increase the community's number and of course, the gains that comes with it.

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

-Support

Clone Wars Role Play 

Current  #1 Gaminglight Aussie

Former : Admin | 501st Commander Cammin501st COL ARCL Blitz 01|Nova MM LCPL Odin SF SFL GSC Cammin IC DMS SSE 2LT Cammin | 69th PFC Cammin Shock PFC Cammin | IF Agent  Deez Nuts  | GameMaster I |  DT CPL OB1

giphy.gif

"All we want in this life. Is Peace, Prosperity and a Little Paper" -Q Tip