Jummy W. Parvati's Junior Command Application

Jummy

So here we are.

Name: Jummy W. Parvati

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:199425262

Current Rank: Lead Researcher

Time in Research (Estimate): I joined on 4/23/22 so… around a month and ¼ at this point?

Why do you believe you should be in Research Command?(100 word requirement): 

Where to even start?

Well, I guess the obvious answer would be my previous experience in commanding branches. Don’t know how many of you were there, or how many remember, but back in 2020-2021 I was a commander of both the Research and R&D branches. Both branches revolve around the same general concept, so thus I have much skill when it comes to managing stuff like Mass Tests and SCP events, all basic stuff when it comes to a Research branch’s command.

I can think on the fly and very quickly, if something were to go wrong in any way, for example, an event team member that was supposed to help with a PT suddenly could not make it, I could think of a way to modify the PT to accommodate the sudden change. (If it was something akin to a TDM, I could change it to a Free-For-All in 432. It would not be as good, but what can you do.)

I know my damn limits.  Having had around 8 months to reflect since leaving the branch, I have gotten a greater understanding of when I simply cannot handle a situation. I believe knowing your weaknesses and limits is key to being in command, as overworking yourself is the worst thing you can do on the job. Cause really, it’s Garry's Mod. If you stress yourself over Gmod so much that it feels like work, you’re doing it wrong.

I am a very creative person. (It is really hard to write about myself without saying “I” a lot, isn’t it?)

As you can see in my writing, along with general interactions on the server (if you have ever met me) you will know that I can think up of a solution to damn near anything, (as long as it’s not with mathematics, or something.) Writing and planning is more of my specialty, looking back and thinking of what went wrong, and trying to prevent future incidents relating to it, along with just… well just being a pretty good writer.

I won’t say I am absolutely perfect, cause that’s a lie. But I have consistently been shown to improve and learn from mistakes. I know I can do this.

What can you bring to the table that others can't? (100 word requirement):

I feel that I can connect very well with other researchers, without them having to worry about my rank at all. Now don’t get me wrong, if someone’s breaking rules and messing around I WILL slam down the hammer of justice (give them a strike or something) But outside of minges and the sort, I definitely try to be open and less imposing, as I know certain command members can feel scary to confront, just from experience. I just think I’m a very approachable person.

Gonna say this again, just cause it permits to the question but: CREATIVITY. I can think up fun ideas for things like PTs and all similar things rather quickly, all while having enough improv skills to make sure everything goes decently at least.  My primary way of doing so is through applying knowledge to the surrounding world. Rather than just asking the question of “What if” or “Why”, I cross reference previous experience and can show it in refined and (Most importantly) WAY more interesting ways. The only way I am not creative is through my humor, I cannot recall a single time I have been funny.

I can’t really think of a better word for this last one, but: I can be stubborn in some good ways.

If I am set on something I will try as hard as I can to accomplish it, be it testing, a potential PT idea, or just trying to better myself. 

So, TL;DR, I’m generally good with being approachable, I’m creative as shit, and I am dead set on my goals.

What would you do to better Research and increase activity? (100 word requirement):

PTs, I am not seeing too many PTs aside from mass tests currently, and that’s honestly a bit of a bummer. Yes, mass testing is one of this branch’s main selling points, I am aware. But I think a more balanced mix would be better, as enlisted will get less worn out from the testing all the time. I want to specifically focus more on actual training PTs, as there are still confusions and misconceptions in research to this day about what to do in certain situations, along with the fact that sometimes you just need a refresher. Of course there would still be fun ones and all, but practical field learning would also be great for the branch in my opinion.

I really like reading test logs, along with writing critique. I believe it helps build more observational skills and generally can help a lot in general, (Along with being a basic requirement of research command) So I would of course try and grade tests assigned for me to grade as fast as possible. Hell if I could I would want to grade more tests, I would actively sign up for more tests to be assigned for me. You think I’m over exaggerating this to make me look good on this application, but I’m dead serious here. Analysis and critique is my jam, and I’ll always make sure it’s done fast.

I’d try and assign Group Tests (that new thing in the SOP, remember?) often, along with answering as many questions as I could about testing. As a veteran of THE SCIENCE TEAM (you have to always say that with bold text) I know the best way to help with someone’s ability to think of better ideas and imagine new creative ideas is observation. Just seeing the thought process inside someone and studying that is how we develop such skills, after all. So practicing these frequently would definitely help out newer researchers, in my humble opinion.

This one’s shorter, and a bit out of left field. But I’ve had an idea for an OOC Movie/Game night for the Research branch, not scheduled in any way, just for fun every once in a while to simply have a blast, along with (Depending on the game) strengthening teamwork and cooperation. It’ll also just be really damn fun to play party games with the branch, without worrying about GMOD for a bit.

And with that, my application comes to a conclusion. I thank you for taking time out of your day to read this entire thing, and I really hope that High Command will accept this. Even if I don’t get it, I’d still like to thank you all for just being cool people all around, and making the server more fun one step at a time.

-Jummy W. Parvati, professional gaymer.

If the text is too small to read, please tell me and I'll size it up a bit.

Edited by Jummy

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

+ Support

Bro is one of the best researchers around rn

(Gotta make sure there's an RS slot when this man gets accepted tho 🙏)

• Gaminglight Love 1

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

• Jummy changed the title to Jummy W. Parvati's Junior Command Application
On 5/31/2022 at 11:57 PM, Caroline said:

+ Support

Bro is one of the best researchers around rn

(Gotta make sure there's an RS slot when this man gets accepted tho 🙏)

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

Huge +Support 

I've seen Jummy around a couple times over the years and he generally has a good reputation. I also see potential in him to improve Research activity as a whole. Also those test logs are certified BANGERS.

God this application hurts my eyes though.

Current: Goofball

Former: RnD Delta Command, Foundation Doctor, RFA Agent, RRH Analyst

On 6/7/2022 at 9:04 PM, Schölinger said:

Huge +Support 

I've seen Jummy around a couple times over the years and he generally has a good reputation. I also see potential in him to improve Research activity as a whole. Also those test logs are certified BANGERS.

God this application hurts my eyes though.

+support

get in or die

+support

Extremely active

Makes funny drug jokes

very handsome (im not being held at gunpoint by jummy to say this i promise)

FORMER:  Foundation Doctor , RFA SIC/OA1 , SEC SFC, WD-V Eqvites Antonius MONK CI DHLS , CI SM , RRH Analyst , D5 MSGT , Maintenance ME
 "Domz" 
image.png