Dispatch System | Sonoran CAD | Addition Suggestion - Denied

Joseph Galland

CAD System Integration   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implimented?

• Yes
    • No

Computer-Aided Dispatching System by: Sonoran CAD.

What you want to see: Dispatch CAD System (For those allowed to Dispatch)

Why should we add it: Increases RP & Affectability over Calls.

What are the advantages of having this: Many Benefits for Gov.

Who is it mainly for: All Government Personnel. 

Links to any content: https://info.sonorancad.com/why-choose-sonoran-cad/about

"A CAD system has been researched and planned for the Dispatch team for a significant amount of time. We’ve also tested out various web based systems as well, and we discovered that a web based system would be the most practical. This CAD system would allow for better tracking of the various government jobs, ensure that the proper units are assigned to the various calls throughout the server, and significantly increase RP for the dispatch branch. The initial plan is to develop and implement a CAD system for the Dispatch Branch first to prove that it works, and later start to roll it out to branches to better improve all RP across the server." - jackyman21.

EASY TO NAVIGATE, EASY TO MAINTAIN!
spacer.png

FBI CAN TAKE OUT REPORTS FOR OPERATIONS??!!

spacer.png    Take Full Records from any individual put into the system!

Edited by Joseph Galland

Gaminglight Moderation & Server Player

Trial Moderator | PD MSGT Joseph 1A75 | FBI SNR SA Joseph KGB23 | PPD PA Joseph XP1.
                                      FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA FORUMS, OR ON DISCORD. I AM VERY REACHABLE, AND CAN RESPOND IN 1-24 HOURS. [GL] Joseph#3021 OR CLICK PROFILE TO LEFT TOP OF POST.

+Support

-After "playing" with this system for a bit with Joseph, and testing what its limits are, this is a really good way to get an accurate roleplay of what its like for a real Criminal Justice Information Network (CJIN) dispatcher or a Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD). The sounds are customizable, calls, units, agencies/departments can be added, with subdivisions (E.G. "Gang Units", HRT, etc.) 911 calls can be made that come across the display screen with the information about the call(s), the Reporting Party (RP), and much more. 
-Vehicles can have license plates under the DMV, and will tie to the owner of a vehicle-- allowing for PD/Crim to RP a stolen vehicle easier, or any other roleplay for things such as suspended license, warrant checks, etc.

-Units can be assigned to groups-- meaning if you are on PD, and you have an OFC with you in the car, we can set it to show "1A27+  1D26" ((See Image/Video Below))

-All players can customize their character to what they want. Example image seen here >>>: unknown.png

-This addon can do so much more, and is fully interactable/compatible with GMOD. **It can replace multiple addons that currently are broken/have issues (like the /911 randomly saying "No Officers online!"). By giving the opportunity to remove extra addons, there would be less lag, less addons to load/download, etc. And all systems are tied into one addon/integration, ensuring that everything works the way its supposed to.

-There are categories for different services, such as Police, Fire, EMS, Civilian, Dispatch (all units), etc.

-/-/- Only negative thing is that it is free, but costs money for the "Unlimited" package, but depending on how desirable Dispatch/Gov wants something this realistic, it may be worth it in the long run as I have never seen a GMOD server with something this realistic. If I were to play on any other server that had a CAD system this realistic/accurate to the real thing, id probably play that server more than any other server/game.

Picture of Joseph and i testing out a 911 call for bank robbery: unknown.png?width=863&height=640

Video of live 911 test call, and simulated dispatch for said bank robbery: 

---Another great thing about this CAD is there is "CALL NOTES". Any activity that dispatch records/monitors, will also be updated by units and what they do. If a unit activates their panic button, it will show the unit activating their panic, and at what time. This could be very useful for proof, as Call notes will record most actions performed by PD/Crim/Dispatch incase someone starts an admin sit saying it is RDM, RDA, NLR, etc. Department Command members can also see what calls had what units, to monitor activity and any recorded actions in case of disciplinary actions.    -/-/- See video explaining all of this, and actions performed: 

Edited by Mazgrid
Edit 1,2,3: Spelling + bullet points | Edit 4: Additional video

• Head Admin

-support

unless both you guys are going to teach ever single ofc that gets on and get them to stay while you teach them this then go ahead but this is way too much for an ofc to try and learn, its also a semi serious RP server and adding something like this would slow RP and there wouldnt be enough gov at any situation as there all doing this 

• Like 1

Signature.png

$500+ Donator

13 minutes ago, Tactical said:

-support

unless both you guys are going to teach ever single ofc that gets on and get them to stay while you teach them this then go ahead but this is way too much for an ofc to try and learn, its also a semi serious RP server and adding something like this would slow RP and there wouldnt be enough gov at any situation as there all doing this 

+support

Wow... this is cool. This would be cool. And tac, when we do training it would be told. 

PD MSGT, Ex D5 SFTO MSGT

Im back

21 minutes ago, Tactical said:

-support

while this seems like a lot, OFCs and other officers would likely not be required to join/operate the CAD. players can join the CAD for a more immersive roleplay, but always can still radio in the good ol' "dispatch show me 10-08". Dispatch would use this for record keeping, as it would automatically log the Job Table on the server, regardless of who has the CAD downloaded or not. Civilians would only be able to make 911 calls, create characters, etc. Government would have their respective areas they can access, except Dispatch which would access everything (to an extent ofc).

This software is so easy to setup, its used in Emergency Response: Liberty City.... Which is a ROBLOX GAME LOL

I do agree, there is a LOT to learn, but this is why i am suggesting it with Joseph. It's better to try something, realize its way too much to handle, then overlook something that could be the difference between night and day in roleplay. This is a more complex CAD, but we have also found a GMOD addon that makes a CAD in game that is very simple/straight-forward for anyone to use.

Edited by Mazgrid

I can agree on this 

I have been messing around with it with him and its fun to use, not too slow, and has some pretty cool ways it can help admins and gov alike, like record if and why as suspect is arrested

State Reserves | DOC Reserves |CERT Reserves 

Ex-SWAT Low Command

58 minutes ago, sknowles2015 said:

I can agree on this 

I have been messing around with it with him and its fun to use, not too slow, and has some pretty cool ways it can help admins and gov alike, like record if and why as suspect is arrested

If this moves forward, the best way to test it would be on a small scale. Maybe have 10 or less units in total from different departments on CAD so its a close-ended field test. I'm staying open minded, and keeping the integrity/operability of the server and roleplay of all other players at the center of my motivations for this system to be added.  Don't get your hopes up too soon. it's fun, but not everyone may enjoy having this changed/added. It wouldnt really affect anyone else, as Dispatch is the one updating/keeping records 99% of the time, but some will still find something to gripe about with it.

Thanks for helping me test out & play with the paging system and stuff! 

Edited by Mazgrid
  • Like 1

-Support I believe that the negatives highly out weight the positives. 
+ IT would be more easier to know what is going on. 
+ I've used it before and liked it 
- This has been suggested time and time again and has been denied time and time again. 
- Dispatch as a department was removed so unless that was added back I would have to give this a hard no,
- The amount of retraining that could be needed also can become a problem. 

Edited by [GL] Locus

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

3 hours ago, Tactical said:

-support

+1 I definitely support this idea.  I just got the system and started helping Maz and them test it out the system is very easy to get started with and dispatch would do the rest once setup in the actually system

It adds more roleplay to the server as dispatch does make the RP for the police side better as your getting directed as needed per situation rather than everyone jamming up radio and so on.  As well as when it comes to OFC a little segment could be added to their training or their Training officers SNR+ should be able to teach this guys the system as their riding with the OFCs.  The OFCs would be able to learn the system from watching the SNR use the system and they can get the jest from their as the system is very user friendly and 99% of the time all they got to do is call 10-8 and their other statuses and it will get updated for them by dispatch.  The only people that would require training it seems would be the dispatchers as they do most of the handling within it.  It gives a reason to bring dispatch back and you have knowledgable people that can run that department and get dispatchers trained and brought up to speed on this idea. 

Edited by AtomicDiebeetus

Clarkie

3 hours ago, Tactical said:

-support

As Locus Stated Dispatch Was Removed
This System Seems Cool And All
But I Agree With Tactical Adding This Would Just Remove The Purpose Of Semi Serious
and it would be a real headache trying to train people to use this system not only for FTO's but for the officers aswell As Of Right Now

I'm -Supporting This Suggestion

7 minutes ago, AtomicDiebeetus said:

+1 I definitely support this idea.  I just got the system and started helping Maz and them test it out the system is very easy to get started with and dispatch would do the rest once setup in the actually system

It adds more roleplay to the server as dispatch does make the RP for the police side better as your getting directed as needed per situation rather than everyone jamming up radio and so on.  As well as when it comes to OFC a little segment could be added to their training or their Training officers SNR+ should be able to teach this guys the system as their riding with the OFCs.  The OFCs would be able to learn the system from watching the SNR use the system and they can get the jest from their as the system is very user friendly and 99% of the time all they got to do is call 10-8 and their other statuses and it will get updated for them by dispatch.  The only people that would require training it seems would be the dispatchers as they do most of the handling within it.  It gives a reason to bring dispatch back and you have knowledgable people that can run that department and get dispatchers trained and brought up to speed on this idea.

While Dispatch is NOT a department, we plan on working as a small, tight-knit team to work with Emergency services, Law and Tac to provide the best information, and using units accordingly. Maybe one day when we can get a smooth running team to start a dispatch department, but without a CAD, dispatch would not be as entertaining for the dispatchers, and the rest of gov.

1 minute ago, Kcarma said:

As Locus Stated Dispatch Was Removed
This System Seems Cool And All
But I Agree With Tactical Adding This Would Just Remove The Purpose Of Semi Serious
and it would be a real headache trying to train people to use this system not only for FTO's but for the officers aswell As Of Right Now

I'm -Supporting This Suggestion

good feedback! i like to see from other perspectives. I will certainly keep those points in mind, and see if there is something that can be done to prevent/combat those possibilities!

Edited by Mazgrid

4 hours ago, Tactical said:

-support

and I am pretty sure this is for FiveM servers lmao

Retired_Signature.png?ex=662460ac&is=662

1 hour ago, MJTHEOG said:

and I am pretty sure this is for FiveM servers lmao

It works for GMOD Darkrps servers as well

Trial Moderator | PD MSGT Joseph 1A75 | FBI SNR SA Joseph KGB23 | PPD PA Joseph XP1.
                                      FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA FORUMS, OR ON DISCORD. I AM VERY REACHABLE, AND CAN RESPOND IN 1-24 HOURS. [GL] Joseph#3021 OR CLICK PROFILE TO LEFT TOP OF POST.

44 minutes ago, Joseph Galland said:

It works for GMOD Darkrps servers as well

https://youtu.be/QfEB0C1cJWQ

+support I have personally experienced this app, I would love to see this implemented into the game, I know yall are worried abot *slowing rp down* but I highly believe that this would be a great, great addition to Gaming light rp. 

+support but good luck with this, everyone hated dispatch and they will hate using this even more. When we tried to get a CAD system implemented (and spent many hours on it) we instead got a bastardized 911 add-on that didn’t help dispatch in the least, and certainly had none of the CAD features that are actually important (such as call logs, an online/offline screen, etc etc). 

constructive gov RP is also mainly dead and is one of the reasons why I no longer play. We no longer have ambulances, a drug add on, and Dispatch no longer exists. I do not see this going through.

Don’t be mad at the one telling the truth. (i’m saying that preemptively)

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

26 minutes ago, jackyman21 said:

We no longer have ambulances, a drug add on, and Dispatch no longer exists.

Ambulances are on the server. You can get an ambulance by becoming a Probationary medic or by joining EMS.

• Laughing 1

Ex: EMS: Captain RRU: Advanced Rapid Response Medic Staff: Senior Moderator 

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Ambulances are on the server. You can get an ambulance by becoming a Probationary medic or by joining EMS.

they were added back?

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

19 minutes ago, jackyman21 said:

they were added back?

They have been added back they were removed only for a week because they were being updated.

• Thanks 1

Ex: EMS: Captain RRU: Advanced Rapid Response Medic Staff: Senior Moderator 

+1 Support

• While I can't see this being implemented within the regular PD, it can be very useful in the more RP/Investigations Oriented Departments like FBI, State and EMS as well as Tac
  • It's very simple to learn and straight forward system to use and allows you to have an actual file on a crim in terms of traffic tickets, stops, arrests, etc.
  • Just because we're Semi-Serious doesn't mean we can't add this as an OPTIONAL tool to use, since we still have Judges and Lawyers, having a CAD system isn't too much more "serious" than having a full on court system
Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

Imperial RP

• Stormtrooper Lance Corporal Snake 3120

12 hours ago, Tactical said:

-support

Gotta agree with Tac

Cammy_Signature_1.png

+support

looks pretty fun, maybe limit it to certain deparments to use it maybe?

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

-support

As someone who has used this as well.... Its not to hard to set your callsign to something mingey and spam your panic, since it uses callsign you can set it to racial and homophobic slurs, spam a panic on and off and it will state it for anyone on the cad. 

True.

Lemme place these here for everyone!

Interesting in joining?

https://youtu.be/Us471C-kTEU

Edited by Joseph Galland