General Suggestion - SCP-008 Revision - Denied

NeoID

What are you suggesting? -  SCP-008 has for a long time been an SCP on the server that (in most cases) has little use. SCP-008 only ever takes place during Events, and the only other feature of the room is it makes an annoying loud noise when some D-Class opens it at 3:00 in the morning. I had the idea that it could be an excellent opportunity to introduce more RP, and Combat for most Branches. Similar to a Mech Raid, or more an Echo-5 Raid. It would be activated by a CI-BioEngineer (as long as a certain amount of MTF are online), and they would have to hold down the SCP-008 Room for 10 Minutes. IF the breach is successful, SCP-008-2 instances would flag up. There would be 3 of these Instances, and each one would have more health than individuals they infect. (Lets say they have 750HP). They would essentially at this point become very dangerous, and more numerous SCP-610 Instances, that would be able to Infect others at much higher rates. They would be allowed to CONTINUE breaching containment with a small NLR until the SCP-008 Room is fixed, this would be done by Maintenance Personal, with a similar timer of 5 Minutes. (Which should be plenty of time for These Zombies to get out). 

How would this change better the server? - Yes 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Only if it's used at a bad time (Maybe make it so it has to be Code Yellow?)

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI, MTF, Maintenance Personel

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2268485086

I'm open to Compromises or changes to this Suggestion, but I think the 008 Room is kindof bland at this time, and is well due for some change. SCP-008 is meant to be incredibly dangerous, nothing more exciting then a Zombie Outbreak.

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

3 hours ago, PryingTree said:

+support
Yea seems pretty cool, get dat RP

If we allow FE's to fix it if Maintenance aren't able to reach/aren't online, then I'm all for it 🙂 

Edited by Yato Sensei
  • Like 1

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Diz said:

+ Support

i love code nukes!

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+support

SCP-008 gonna have some purpose?

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

Besides the need for restrictions that aren’t code based (seeing as CI raid = code black anyways), sounds cool

+Support (though I’m not 100% sold on the job being necessary, could just have ET do it)

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

5 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

(though I’m not 100% sold on the job being necessary, could just have ET do it)

I thought that at first too. But asside from the good ol P008, which has a large cooldown. Infecting a lot of people is a ton of work for ET, so if theres only one ET on, well. God help you.

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

1 hour ago, NeoID said:

I thought that at first too. But asside from the good ol P008, which has a large cooldown. Infecting a lot of people is a ton of work for ET, so if theres only one ET on, well. God help you.

And if there is no ET/Sen Admin on and it is above 70 players then you can't play it.
(Has happened many times on late hours.)

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

11 hours ago, Tazza said:

+support

SCP-008 gonna have some purpose?

+Support
008 has no purpose outside Researchers doing Rp and rare 008 events, doesn't make sense to have it's own whole containment cell if it doesn't absolutely nothing that isn't implied

Edited by K I W W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

8 hours ago, K I W W I said:

+Support
008 has no purpose outside Researchers doing Rp and rare 008 events, doesn't make sense to have it's own whole containment cell if it doesn't absolutely nothing that isn't implied

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 5/26/2022 at 1:24 AM, Yato Sensei said:

If we allow FE's to fix it if Maintenance aren't able to reach/aren't online, then I'm all for it 🙂 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

CI can already utilize SCPs, breach them not and with the number of CC's they have and almost always outnumber MTF during raids. The balance is already fucked this would just upset it way more. The idea is great but with how it is right now it would just be even more hell to get through -Support

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

On 5/26/2022 at 6:11 AM, LilThinMints said:

+support

bios have more purpose!

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

• 3 weeks later...