Addition of Quests/Tasks - Denied

Cuz L0g1c

Post name: “General Suggestion - Addition of Quests and Tasks

What are you suggesting? - Adding quests and tasks to the server.

How would this change better the server?
It would drastically enhance the roleplay of the server. At the moment the server is more of a team death match than a roleplay server. With this addition, branches can participate in different quests or tasks to complete around the site or on surface. Tasks can be different things for different branches. For example, a researcher could have a task that has them take a vial of SCP-682's blood from Medbay to research bunks. Another example would be on site MTF could have a task that has them patrol a section of HCZ. Once the player completes the task, they would be rewarded with a significant amount of in game money and experience. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantage I would see is that it may make the server a little more laggy, however I have seen addons like this on multiple different high populated servers (115+) where it does not lag the server at all or hinder performance.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Literally everyone. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - These are some examples that I have found in a short amount of time. There are multiple addons/services like this available, some servers even have them hardcoded.

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/mac-s-quest-system

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/vms-system

Once again these are EXAMPLES! There are numerous addons that are free available, these are some ones that I found looked and performed the best according to their reviews. 

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

+support

I love call of duty scp edition on permanent 700 ping😍

Edited by LilThinMints

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

2 hours ago, LilThinMints said:

+support

I love call of duty scp edition on permanent 700 ping😍

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

2 hours ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

I love the idea a lot and it would be great for RP, however, This would make server performance already worse than it is right now, so, 

-Support (If it doesnt hinder performance then easy +support)

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

6 hours ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

I love the idea a lot and it would be great for RP, however, This would make server performance already worse than it is right now, so, 

-Support (If it doesnt hinder performance then easy +support)

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

+Support
-Would help getting EXP instead of just slaving away and leaving your computer/laptop on overnight and during the day.
-Would definitely help with RP
-Here's a little suggestion, one with Tranquilizing 939/682 Whatever amount of times.

6 hours ago, CyClone said:

+support

Would give people more things to do on the server.

HUGE +SUPPORT Right now RP is extremely stale, nothing happens besides TDM between MTF and CI and the occasional test that RND and Research do.  There needs to be more RP added to the server and doing this would work wonders in adding more content and helping the community and server grow.

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 5/24/2022 at 10:42 PM, 1stSavagerY said:

HUGE +SUPPORT Right now RP is extremely stale, nothing happens besides TDM between MTF and CI and the occasional test that RND and Research do.  There needs to be more RP added to the server and doing this would work wonders in adding more content and helping the community and server grow.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:54 AM, Diz said:

+ Support

Other servers have this and it works perfectly.

A great example of this is on Civil Gamers where D class are given an actual device to collect SCP samples for researchers

Edited by Vuitheirt

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

• 2 months later...

We believe at this time that adding quests to the server would not benefit us as much, we don't want this suggestion sitting in progress for how long it has so at this time this will be denied.

Quests will most likely be extremely overlooked after the first day or two, rewards won't be something that will give that much incentive to go and do it, etc...