Broken Weapon leading to near Invincibility Exploit

Orange 🍊

Tied to the D5 Bolt Caster
You are able to spam the block feature with (practically) no cooldown leading to negation of nearly 100% damage
Block should be rate limited and not left with 0 cooldown

Each "Flap" of the sword is a block and blocks and/or negates the damage of bullets

Honestly should be fixed. Its near impossible to kill them with that sword

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Kevlar_ said:

This is known, we're working on getting it balanced/fixed

If this is known and are working to fix this, why are we abusing this?
Was I supposed to post this in the report section of the forums then fits more criteria to post it there If it is a known and unintentional bug being exploited?

Edited by Orange 🍊
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Orange 🍊 said:

If this is known and are working to fix this, why are we abusing this?
Was I supposed to post this in the report section of the forums then fits more criteria to post it there If it is a known and unintentional bug being exploited?

I don't use the sword due to it being unbalanced currently, up to you if you want to report the person or not but it probably wont go anywhere since the sword has been like this forever

He isn't invincible, just blocks bullets 1-2 seconds faster than it should be. 

Edited by Kevlar_

Screenshot_13.png

6 hours ago, Orange 🍊 said:

Tied to the D5 Bolt Caster
You are able to spam the block feature with (practically) no cooldown leading to negation of nearly 100% damage
Block should be rate limited and not left with 0 cooldown

Each "Flap" of the sword is a block and blocks and/or negates the damage of bullets

This is a bug caused when holding both Left Click and Right Click at the same time, causing the block that usually blocks 2 bullets to get refreshed instantly and block the 2 bullets repeatedly 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/ltmysyirp_-sR/d1337q5UvCL2?invite=cr-MSxJZzgsMjE3MjYxMjQs

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

imma be honest, in that clip you only hit 4 shots. But yeah Nerf the sword!!!

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

I mean the sword has been like this since d5 got added but ye needs to be fixed but cant really blame someone for using something good when its a core weapon of the jobZ

(Also this weapon has been like this since d5 was added but as soon as 2 active vmcdrs play it everyone hates it ) 💀

Edited by frog

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

1 hour ago, frog said:

cant really blame someone for using something good

This is the literally the definition of exploiting. Exploiting the fact that you can do something that unfairly benefits you when you fight against someone that doesn't also have that benefit... is exploiting... Everyone has always complained about this weapon, even when I was SA, but the issue was that the D5 high command at the moment in time were so inactive that no one cared cause it would be so rare to encounter it. 

1 hour ago, frog said:

as soon as 2 active vmcdrs play it everyone hates it ) 💀

And even if, its not like those old VCMDRS abused the fact that it made you immune. 

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

Forum Diplomat Message

Due to the arguing on this bug report it will be locked until SMT figure this issue out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 9

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

We're examining this bug!

If we find a fix for this bug, or we find that it is unfixable with reasonable attempts, this post will be updated with an appropriate response.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||