Seasonal Map Changing - Denied

IgnisNuts

Would you like to see this added into the server?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this added into the server?

• Yes
    • No

What are you suggesting? - Have the map(s) change between time, and cycle between the different maps throughout the year. For example have our current Site-50 go on for about 4ish months or so, then switch back to Site 10/5 (or another map) for some time, then switch back.

How would this change better the server? - It would allow for more/new interactions from everybody in the server with each other, and even the RP. Would include a lot more RP scenarios instead of being stuck with the same ones for however long the map stays as the same one. It would also keep new/old member keep playing, and stay interested in which map is going to be in season. As long as it doesn't stress the server out too much than it already is.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - More stress on the server itself.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - The old/newer GL SCPRP Maps

Edited by IgnisNuts
  • Heart-Eyes 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

+Support

Being stuck on the same old map for a year gets boring, having a variety of playable maps would bring more excitement.

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

+support 

hell yes

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+ Support

As long as edits are made to make aspects of sites 10/5 more like site 50. If I ever gave to call a hole in the ground CI Base, again. I might lose my shit and cause a Mutiny.

• Gaminglight Love 1

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

3 hours ago, Diz said:

+ SUPPORT

YEESSSSSSS

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+Support

Honestly, this is definitely one of the better map suggestions I've seen.
I'd love to constantly switch between maps AS LONG AS the good modifications are kept throughout and updated on every map we move to.
For example: On Site-05, the new CI base, or even the new D-Block if the community finds it necessary.

Not changing maps frequently can and will cause burnout, and it has happened countless times before.

1 minute ago, Starstep said:

+Support

I'd love to constantly switch between maps AS LONG AS the good modifications are kept throughout and updated on every map we move to.
For example: On Site-05, the new CI base, or even the new D-Block if the community finds it necessary.

Not changing maps frequently can and will cause burnout, and it has happened countless times before.

This right here. This is a brilliant idea and I hope to see it executed!

• Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

2 minutes ago, Starstep said:

+Support

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

3 minutes ago, Starstep said:

+Support

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

Cool idea, but I worry that this would cause alot of confusion for everyone who isn't familiar with the other maps but still great idea +Support

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

41 minutes ago, Starstep said:

+Support

8 hours ago, Vuitheirt said:

Cool idea, but I worry that this would cause alot of confusion for everyone who isn't familiar with the other maps but still great idea +Support

Not knowing the map is definitely one of the more fun times you can have.
Everyone always has a blast when a map is unfamiliar, as they get to explore and see the new things.
This is why map changes can make the server a bit more fun for some when it's fresh.

Edited by Starstep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vuitheirt said:

44 minutes ago, Starstep said:

Not knowing the map is definitely one of the more fun times you can have.
Everyone always has a blast when a map is unfamiliar, as they get to explore and see the new things.

Agreed

+support

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

13 hours ago, NeoID said:

+ Support

As long as edits are made to make aspects of sites 10/5 more like site 50. If I ever gave to call a hole in the ground CI Base, again. I might lose my shit and cause a Mutiny.

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

4 hours ago, Vuitheirt said:

As Star said, exploring the map is one of the most fun things you can do. The Unknown brings curiosity, curiosity brings exploration, exploration brings enjoyment. 

+ Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png