General Suggestion - Medkit Purchasing - Denied

islandtoad

What are you suggesting? - Allow everyone to buy a medkit from armory and only limit it with rules (Example) You can only but a medkit if less than 2 medical personnel are online.

My main hope is to let it be a branch chosen thing not just a server wide "you can't but a medkit"

How would this change better the server? - Allow people to get healed when medical jobs aren't being played on

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really, however it might reduce medical activity slightly

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone except medical

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+ Support

even when medical is offline we still need healing

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

The thing is, THIS ISN'T NEEDED. 

I could see the point back when Medical and RCU were literally the ONLY medics for the Foundation. 

But now, EVERY combatant branch has a Medical class. There's CCU for focusing on Sec, MCU for focusing on  Nu7/D5, and RCU for focusing on E11. 

You don't have a lack of healing when no medics are on. Just play the classes you have. 

-Support

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

11 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

I could see the point back when Medical and RCU were literally the ONLY medics for the Foundation. 

But now, EVERY combatant branch has a Medical class. There's CCU for focusing on Sec, MCU for focusing on  Nu7/D5, and RCU for focusing on E11. 

You don't have a lack of healing when no medics are on. Just play the classes you have. 

-Support

I like the idea but it’s extremely situational and you have the medic classes listed above and classes like G9 and D5 Officer have a medkit on spawn too

-Support

Edited by FusionThunder

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Yeah, Twix has a good point here. Medical has their job to do, let them do it. If anything try to get more MCU’s on to help out

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

51 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Use the classes that you have. You have so many at your disposal. So much sacrifice and compromise have been made by Medical and none of the branches give back by actually giving Medical the light of day.

Edited by Sparkle
  • Heart-Eyes 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

53 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

1 hour ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Use the classes that you have. You have so many at your disposal. So much sacrifice and compromise have been made by Medical and none of the branches give back by actually giving Medical the light of day.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

3 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

4 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

5 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

11 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Medical is already pretty dead, and I feel like this may kill it. If everyone can buy a medkit, the only reason for medical would be to buy charges. Also during late night, if everyone had a medkit, d block would almost be impossible to lose. Also maintenance having a medkit would be awful because they could just ask a medical to buy them a lot of charges and basically heal and armor everyone onsite.

-Support

Former Ranks: Medical AHOMSSEC Major AJG WL LucillaD5 Vice CommanderCI R&D Archivist DHBICI Lieutenant Colonel

737457596_Screenshot(111).png.b0bac56931254c79ac0b8514688eae15.png

13 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Some things could be fixed with CCU, MCU and RCU in order to increase activity but that’s up to the sub branch directors/heads 

Also, having to fight someone that can heal is annoying as fuck, - support for now

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

27 minutes ago, Diz said:

Some things could be fixed with CCU, MCU and RCU in order to increase activity but that’s up to the sub branch directors/heads 

Also, having to fight someone that can heal is annoying as fuck, - support for now

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

-Support

Making this change will just encourage Medical to hop on less, as they won't have as much people coming to them.
Use the classes you already have access to. There are a lot more now than ever before!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starstep said:

-Support

Making this change will just encourage Medical to hop on less, as they won't have as much people coming to them.
Use the classes you already have access to. There are a lot more now than ever before!

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

On 5/8/2022 at 1:06 PM, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

-Support

This is the reason why we have a medical branch and why we made joint jobs with them. I admit, it was annoying when no medical were online to heal Security but thats why we created joint jobs with them, so we could at least have a fun and useful unit for both our branches and when they weren't online still be able to heal ourselves. Medical has gone through enough

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas