Global Time to Kill Nerf [Completed]

Cuz L0g1c

Post name: Global Time to Kill Nerf

What are you suggesting? - Removing the negative multiplier on damage for all weapons. (Bring back old TTK)

How would this change better the server? - It would improve the current status that combat is in at the moment. For me and many others combat on this server is boring, bland, and just outright annoying. Currently people crouch and jump spam while shooting at their targets, not taking cover unless they are at very low HP, and has no tactical input other than head glitching on rooftops and barricades. Even ambushes with mass amounts of people are ineffective unless you have ~10 people. Within the past 6 months Snipers, LMGs, and DMRs were buffed and showed improvement, however shortly after were nerfed because other classes could not compete. As of right now it takes 2-3 mags to consistently kill regular combative classes in combat. With removing the negative damage multiplier it would "bring back" the old TTK that we used to have and would make the server be more tactical oriented, rather than crouch and jump spamming until the target is dead. I think it would bring back the spice in combat that we have been missing for a very very very long time and would make combat much more enjoyable.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Lower HP jobs like D-Class and some classes in GENSEC would be put at a disadvantage at first, however with proper planning and placement can easily terminate higher HP classes.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - This change would benefit all of combative classes. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

These are some clips that I have gathered from our current Time to Kill
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/jS6yUZF3HUGgs/d1337es1uq8z?invite=cr-MSxTYjcsMzIzMTA5Myw
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/jSrqZEupMzpLJ/d1337jFMRITA?invite=cr-MSx3UXgsMzIzMTA5Myw

These are some clips that I have gathered from the old Time to Kill
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/jS1aFMrAxkdyO/d1337oRLigoq?invite=cr-MSxVR3AsMzIzMTA5Myw
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/4YpoovSWlEQcW/d1337bwdrPAC?invite=cr-MSxsc08sMzIzMTA5Myw

As you can see from the current clips, right now the meta is to jump and crouch spam while shooting. In the old clips you can see that proper placement and tactical input can make a whole difference whether you survive or die. Even when outnumbered on a basic combative class, it is possible to win an uneven fight. Point is I think we should bring back the old TTK as it was much more enjoyable than the current meta and is much more entertaining. 

Edited by Cuz L0g1c
Adding more clips
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Heart-Eyes 1

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

5 minutes ago, Boesermaster said:

I hope i am understanding this Correctly, but you want to Buff all Weapons so People die faster in Combat ?

In short yes. Basically it is removing the negative damage multiplier that was put on all weapons on the server. All classes have the same HP, its just that time to kill someone will be faster than what it currently is. There used to be no negative damage multiplier, but for some reason the server managers added it and a lot of players have been complaining ever since. 

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

3 minutes ago, Cuz L0g1c said:

In short yes. Basically it is removing the negative damage multiplier that was put on all weapons on the server. All classes have the same HP, its just that time to kill someone will be faster than what it currently is. There used to be no negative damage multiplier, but for some reason the server managers added it and a lot of players have been complaining ever since. 

Thank you for the Clarification for me !

Then i can give it a +Neutral, i think we need a larger Opinon on this, like a longer Time Survey, where Players can say if they want Combat to be fast or Slow, if they want it faster, then we should Remove it.

• Cuz L0g1c changed the title to Global Time to Kill Nerf
2 hours ago, IgnisNuts said:

+Support

PLZ listen and bring back old ttk, a lot of weapons just don't get used because of the terrible time to kill...

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

MMMMMMM

i love killing but then again their does need to be a rp aspect of the server but I play d class and I shoot shoot the guards and mtf 

so my support is going to this hit game called Minecraft 

• Laughing 1

+ Support

Just bring back the normal damage value back up, idk why that thing had to be messed around with at all when damage values on X weapon would've been way better to mess around with. Yes, it would take more time, but it would also be easier to balance things around.

Edited by Yato Sensei

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Just bring back the normal damage value back up, idk why that thing had to messed around with at all when damage values on X weapon would've been way better to mess around with. Yes, it would take more time, but it would also be easier to balance things around.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Just bring back the normal damage value back up, idk why that thing had to messed around with at all when damage values on X weapon would've been way better to mess around with. Yes, it would take more time, but it would also be easier to balance things around.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

5 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Just bring back the normal damage value back up, idk why that thing had to be messed around with at all when damage values on X weapon would've been way better to mess around with. Yes, it would take more time, but it would also be easier to balance things around.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

8 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

22 hours ago, IgnisNuts said:

+Support

PLZ listen and bring back old ttk, a lot of weapons just don't get used because of the terrible time to kill...

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

So, I'm going to kinda go against the flow here and say, 

I don't think a full revert should happen, at least not instantly. 

I just fear for branches like Medical (and RnD and Maintenance to an extent) when they can’t do their job anymore. Because, there won't be anyone to heal/armor if people barely have enough time to react before they're dead. 

I propose an incremental increase of weapon damage until a good middle ground is reached, or it's reverted to the old ttk. 

• Like 2

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3)