Rinzler - Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Rinzler

POLL  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rinzler become Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

PREREQUISITES

My GL Forums account is 171 days old as of the writing of this application, being formed on November 12th, 2021. I believe I have a positive community reputation, and I have no conflict with any member of any GL server. I have received zero warnings in my time here, and I have read and comprehensively understand the Staff Handbook. I understand that I will be shadowed by a Senior Moderator or higher for the first five days of my membership in the staff team should I get accepted. 

GENERAL INFORMATION [1-4]

Name: Rinzler
Steam Name: Rinzler
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433360051
Discord Username: Rinzler#5906

SECONDARY INFORMATION [5-13]

5 - Experience with Staffing
I have extensive experience with staffing. I have served at all ranks in staff teams of all sizes across a wide variety of communities, primarily in Console and Discord based communities. To spare the clutter, a resume of my staffing experience has been attached here that will provide a detailed curriculum vitae. 

CV: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mzp97nf1sk34O3TGsGlzO78OOVObIodfDLwLaBLqyGw/edit

6 - What date did you start playing the community?
Shortly before the creation of my forums account (early November of 2021). 

7 - What date did you make your forums account?
November 12th, 2021.

8 - How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
A total of zero to date.

9 - Donor Rank
Diamond, I plan on upgrading to Platinum when I have the money to spare.

10 - Are you a staff member in any other community?
I do not currently serve as a member of any other staff team. All positions formerly held have been retired in pursuit of greener pastures. 

11 - Have you read the staff handbook?
Several times. I possess a comprehensive understanding of both the MOTD and Staff Handbook. 

12 - Timezone
Pacific Standard Time (PST).

13 - What rank are you applying for?
Trial Moderator.

WHY I BELIEVE I DESERVE TRAIL MODERATOR

Throughout my interaction with other GamingLight regulars, I believe I generally have a positive reputation. To those who know me, I am professional, active, dedicated, and trustworthy. I meet or can meet all staff expectations, and I am ready and willing to perform as staff in line with all on-duty expectations. I believe that in my experience here (which admittedly has predominantly been in the MTF faction), I have brought positive energy, encouraging a friendly and cooperative working environment. This impact in tandem with the extensive experience I have in all forms of staffing makes me what I would believe to be a very suitable candidate for beginning my journey here at the GL staff team. I am competent in handling stressful, confusing, and complex problems, and working under pressure.  I understand the dynamic responsibilities of the moderative staff here, comprehensively understand the staff manual, and have prior knowledge of how staff teams operate. I am ready to take the next step forward here at GL, and in the event, I am accepted, I am prepared for anything that I may face while on duty.

SCENARIO QUESTIONNAIRE 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

My first step before calling the sit would be to identify and note all person(s) involved. Afterward, I would confirm their guilt and then attempt to establish a motive or reasoning by asking for one. If the person persists with their abrasive behavior, I would gag them, and then formally inform them of the nature of their infraction. The next step would be to inform them of what punishments they are going to receive, and how long they will be in effect. The reprimand would consist of giving them a formal warning and issuing a 5-day ban. If I am unable to issue the punishment myself due to the administrative restrictions of my trial period, I would ask a Moderator+ for assistance in doing so. 

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

Assuming I am the leading staff member in the sit, my approach would be to return each player to their original location and move down the list of the five one by one. This way, we can receive uninterrupted information from them without the social stress of the other four. Once we have obtained sufficient info from each player, then we can move further. How we would move further is entirely dependent on the nature of the sit and the conduct of each player involved. If a player is offended by the toxicity of another player, and their antagonist's guilt is evident, the appropriate punishment would be issued. An alternate approach to this situation would be to isolate each player in the sit room so that RP is not disrupted on the map.

Q3:  In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

Apathy when facing punishment is a common issue on Garry's Mod servers, so I would expect this to happen frequently. Generally, the level of concern a player has with their actions and the punishment they are receiving has no bearing on my decision-making. Personal affairs and sympathies have no role in staffing, and they would receive the standard and appropriate punishment. If a player is racking up minor formal warnings without care, I would solemnly inform them that if they continue, more serious action would be taken in the form of a ban.

Q4: A player is abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

If the bug has been identified and outlawed by higher echelons of staff or is commonly reprimanded, I would cite this information to them, and ask them to utilize the staff report system on the forums if they believe they are being treated unfairly before proceeding with issuing the proper punishment. If the bug is unknown to me and other online staff members, I would check with a higher member of staff for guidance. If that member of staff confirms the exploit requires punishment, I would proceed with the reprimand. If the player continues to insist that they are following server rules, I would cite the word of my supervisor and ask them to utilize the staff report system if they feel they are being treated unfairly. 

Edited by Rinzler
fixed the title; no longer moderating trails - added the poll

Former A-1, Nu-7, D-5

Professional Lawn Mower

MASSIVE FUCKING + SUPPORT

Rinzler is simply amazing.

He is active, responsible, and a great person to be around. 

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+support

Rinzler would make a great "Trail Moderator"

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

• Rinzler changed the title to Rinzler - Trial Moderator Application
12 hours ago, Voxial said:

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

16 hours ago, Voxial said:

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

21 hours ago, Voxial said:

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

On 5/3/2022 at 1:13 PM, Caroline said:

I think Rinzler will be a great Trial Mod, He's a respectful person, trustworthy, and active.
He will do amazingly well in the staff team if he does get accepted.

Edited by Gyara

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

On 5/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, Cardigan Backyardigan said:

+support

Rinzler would make a great "Trail Moderator"

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

+Support 
I don’t know who you are but this is the best application I have seen since Train Overlord’s second ET application 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

On 5/4/2022 at 6:55 AM, Demon Dice said:

Rinzler has done a really good job inside Nu7 and is a very respectful person, good scenario questions and a pretty decent app I think he will do very well in the staffing team. +SUPPORT

Screenshot_13.png

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

spacer.png