General Suggestion - Raid Start - Denied

islandtoad

What are you suggesting? - That a raid on the foundation officially starts once CI/Sarkic/GOI pass the FIRST door instead of the last.

How would this change better the server? - It would make more sense because once they enter the first gate they are on foundation property

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really, however it could make raids against foundation slightly harder.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Foundation personnel

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+Support

I'm not sure if the actual SCP foundation would let insurgents get all the way until past the final gate to declare a raid...

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

I do agree that this makes more logical sense overall, however I do hope that you brought this to Gamma CMD first for this.

Neutral until Cosmic/Gar weigh in.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support 

+logical sense

+avoids confusion of when a raid is started

SCPRP:

Former: MTF SGT Jimmy UNI4 | JA7 Nekros |    RH Engineer Uniform 4 | Former: | OS Jimmy | 

SWRP: Senior Moderator RESIGNED: 12/18/21   

Former: |  DT SGT XM8 | Naval LT Commander |  Medical MAJ & Deputy Director | RG Jimmy 

1 hour ago, CyClone said:

-support

would make more sense for raid to start at the very last door.

Well technically the second you enter the Gates outer parking lot you have entered foundation property. so it would make more sense for the raid to start the second you hack the small/massive metal door.

+Support

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

8 hours ago, Zack / Zarl said:

+Support

I'm not sure if the actual SCP foundation would let insurgents get all the way until past the final gate to declare a raid...

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

9 hours ago, Zack / Zarl said:

+Support

I understand what you’re saying but remember that this is a game

- Support

Waiting the raid cd is annoying as fuck

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

14 hours ago, Zack / Zarl said:

+Support

Going by lore this suggestion makes a lot more sense. Considering this is an RP server, it’d make a lot of sense.

+ Support

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

-support 

Just isn't really needed. Plus what Colt said about camping.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

-Support

I believe that this is unnecessary and was a good step from previous actions. If we revert it back I feel that it may go back to that stage which would kill CI Activity on a whole. 

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

-SUPPORT

Since CI is getting nerfed to the ground to balance out the rest of the server, they need a lot more ground to work with. One thing you have to remember is that something like this isn't just about raids. Adding this rule would mean that it severely limits the area on surface that they can work with without it being considered a raid.

Lets have an example. SCP-682 is on surface, and CI is trying to track it down. In a last ditch effort, 682 runs into gate B to try and escape. If this rule was enacted CI couldn't pursue any targets that enter this domain. MTF and SCP's do not have a restriction between entering those regions, so it isn't really logical to give CI a restriction that mostly just limits where they are allowed to go during non raid operations.

14 hours ago, Coltable said:

So mtf used to camp the gate and resulted in alot of shit CI raids, to prevent CI raid cooldown being applied after mtf camping them we made it so its the last door but im open to suggestions.

There we have it!
He said it!

-Support Reasoning overweigh the Logical sense of it.
Server Experience > Lore/Logical Reasoning. 

5 hours ago, Voxial said:

Going by lore this suggestion makes a lot more sense. Considering this is an RP server, it’d make a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, [GL] Mike said:

Server Experience > Lore/Logical Reasoning. 

Would like to mention. We are a semi-serious. AKA we do follow some lore and dont. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

58 minutes ago, [GL] Mike said:

Oh yeah! I get that for sure. Just saying that in some cases, such as this. It make's sense to do the last door for a raid as it doesn't ruin CI's fun!
(This is my last response just wanted to clarify)

Quoted you as you stated what I was meaning. 

• Thanks 1

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||