Let the N word be played in songs - Denied

Don Ceech

-Support

I'll use my experience from Discord and SCPRP Moderation to base this on. Excluding the fact that music shouldn't be played through your mic anyways since its considered mic spam and not everyone wants to hear it, the reason its not allowed is not cause of censorship or anything, its just that the N-word falls under racism.

Trying to loophole how it can be used or said will just create more problems. What happens when people soundboards a song and then clips that to say the N-Word? Its unlikely it will happen, but if someone does do it, then the loophole is there. 

Edited by Gunther
minor grammar error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

-Support

- My favorite type of first impression is when i go up an elevator and i hear someone blasting music with the nword in it ngl, looks amazing for the servers rep

- Playing music is already mic spam so why encourage it even more?

I don't think most people would drop a server over music

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

10 hours ago, Pie/Box (The first) said:

- support, I get it you like having freedom of speech but we do have alotta kids on the server man 

dude, they have made it to scp-rp. Not only did they get into SCP, they got into Gmod. They are already fuckered. That is NOT a good argument. 💀

If yall wanna see some real racism, go play border rp. Then yall can see whats some real shit. Everyone needs to stop being soft. Its so ingrained in our culture and you aint gonna shelter anybody from it. Find a clean version? Bro, to them its like saying "dude" its just so common in their slang and language that its just normal. Yall aint gonna unnormalize it by hiding it, and I doubt the majority of people care.

+support

Edited by Ya Boi Sawrunner

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

8 hours ago, Gunther said:

-Support

I'll use my experience from Discord and SCPRP Moderation to base this on. Excluding the fact that music shouldn't be played through your mic anyways since its considered mic spam and not everyone wants to hear it, the reason its not allowed is not cause of censorship or anything, its just that the N-word falls under racism.

Trying to loophole how it can be used or said will just create more problems. What happens when people soundboards a song and then clips that to say the N-Word? Its unlikely it will happen, but if someone does do it, then the loophole is there. 

I agree with this, allowing it will just be a huge headache for any staff member on the server. 

also it makes our server look worse. 

Why can't people just listen to their music and not play it through a soundboard? Cause I dam well know that if I play noises on my computer it wont be caught through my mic unless I'm using a third party software. 

Like we don't prevent people from listening to their favorite music but just prevent ones that have racist words or homophobic words, etc. 

Is it a standard that to listen to any music now that it has to be played through your mic? I don't think so. 

• Like 3

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

-support

56 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

Why can't people just listen to their music and not play it through a soundboard? Cause I dam well know that if I play noises on my computer it wont be caught through my mic unless I'm using a third party software. 

Like we don't prevent people from listening to their favorite music but just prevent ones that have racist words or homophobic words, etc. 

Is it a standard that to listen to any music now that it has to be played through your mic? I don't think so. 

and because people will abuse this, and it doesn’t look good for the server.

biggest talila hater

The fact is, you can't react not knowing what the fact is. No need to grieve if you can't see diseases we've contracted. Happiness and truth, we simply view them through a lens, refracted. Life's a breeze if you leave uneasy deeds REDACTED.

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

-support

and because people will abuse this, and it doesn’t look good for the server.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

6 hours ago, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

I get you, just that it wouldnt be the best first impression 

My first impression was being asked if im a furry. 
still somehow stayed for nearly a year now. first impressions dont mean too much

+Support

It’s really not hard to explain why in a song its fine to people while on staff too. 

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Chief_ said:

-SUPPORT

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

4 hours ago, Chief_ said:

^^^^

also because this is like the what, 3rd or 4th suggestion of this now. 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+support

The reason why you can get banned for racism is because of saying the word, but it isn't racist when you aren't saying it. I say it should be allowed to an extent.  At least ask staff first

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

Ima say +support since I don’t see an issue with people playing it 

if they try to loophole and use it as an excuse to make racist comments then staff should still be able to warn them

its staff discretion and I think staff can tell when someone is being racist or playing a song with no ill  intentions.

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5