DT SN04/Crystal/Chip - Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Firekirby

Should I be eligible for Trial Moderator?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should I be eligible for Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: DT SN04/GM0 Crystal/Chip

What is your steam name?: Firekirby

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:97415152

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain)

Yes, I do. I used to be a Co-Owner of a DarkRP server, as well as an admin for a heavily populated CWRP server at the time, but I will state these experiences were years ago. Despite this, I've played Garry's Mod for almost a decade at this point and feel like I'm well-versed in staffing etiquette.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)

When it comes to ImperialRP, I roughly started back in early March. When it comes to the GL community in general, it has been at least 7 years since I started playing.

What date did you make your forums account?

10/15/2015

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?

Game Master

How many warns do you have on the server?

Have you donated?

I have donated to GL.

What rank are you applying for?

I am applying for Trial Moderator.

Have you read the staff guidelines, you will be tested on it:  Yes, I have.

Timezone: PST

Permission (Admin+ need this): N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length)

I strongly believe that the majority of GL players would make amazing staff members as we have a great community, the thing that sets me apart though is I am willing to put in the time to make an application and in-game. I am on almost every day as of now and I really just want to make the GL community a better place. I've had far too many instances late night where nothing can be done about someone blatantly minging or clearly breaking server rules because of low staff count, and I would love to be the one that could stop this from happening and keep things chill. As a GM, I've also been able to keep close watch on the staff chat to see how members of the moderation team go about handling situations where someone is breaking the rules. Another benefit is I have familiarity with ULX commands already, such as !cloak due to the fact that I have staffing experience. However, I think my strongest ability as a staff-member would be my judgment and commitment to minimizing bias. Whenever I found myself in a situation where I was having to deal with a staff sit between a friend on the server and someone I didn't know at all, I would absolutely try to be aware of how bias could get in the way and practiced self-awareness. Punishments should be the same for players across the board unless very certain circumstances arise, and I believe that I would be capable of handing out fair and unbiased ones. Lastly, I try to not be hypocritical, follow the rules myself, know when to stop (in terms of messing around, judging serious vs fun time, stopping arguments), and be as friendly to others as I can. I'd like to thank the members of DT, as well as other staff members for showing me the ropes around the ImperialRP community here over the past month and feel grateful just to be a part of this community, being a staff member would just be icing on the cake!

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Fortunately, situations like these can be handled utilizing the staff handbook and the directions here are clear. The punishment for Mass RDM, which counts as 4 or more attempted or completed kills, is a formal warning and a 5 day ban. Assuming a trial moderator, the most I could do is jail them for the time being until I can get more help. To start, I would bring the player and tell them what they have been reported for. Then, when they start being disrespectful I would verbally warn the player to stop being disrespectful, but assuming they continue to curse as said above, I would gag them for the time being. Then, I would tell this player that they are being formally warned Mass RDM and Disrespect, in a single warning. Once I've taken care of that, I would call for greater assistance from an Admin or higher so that the 5-day ban can be issued.

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

+support
good app

• Thanks 1

Current: Sovereign Protector| Super Admin |

Former: DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod