Report on Knuckles-Prox

Proximo

Your in game name:Prox

Your Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:14248048

The player's in game name:Knuckles

The player's steam ID (required):STEAM_0:1:92194481

Date and Time This Incident Occurred:around 12 am

What did the player do:Meta Game an EOI operative 

Evidence (required):https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/iYrRoBMZzjJ4J/d1337Oki7v00?invite=cr-MSw1R1gsMjY1NDMzMzEs

What do you believe should happen to the player:An warn

Any extra information:N/A

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

+/-  (Leaning towards +support)

Seems like obvious metagame to me. Will be awaiting Knuckles side before I give a definitive answer on my support because maybe there was something called in TS by someone else.

Also seems like there was staff on why not just call them?

• Like 1

-Support

"Private MTF Comms" that your superior doesn't have access to? That'd most certainly get you arrested considering how suspicious that is. All he asked was "are you good Corporal?" and you provided some really suspicious information off of that. He then continues to ask what comms because yeah, he'd be able to see any of the comms you have available to you if you were actually a CPL. You then say "private MTF comms" which he would know don't exist. I see no reason this deserves a warning. You just gave yourself away.

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

9 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

"Private MTF Comms" that your superior doesn't have access to? That'd most certainly get you arrested considering how suspicious that is. All he asked was "are you good Corporal?" and you provided some really suspicious information off of that. He then continues to ask what comms because yeah, he'd be able to see any of the comms you have available to you if you were actually a CPL. You then say "private MTF comms" which he would know don't exist. I see no reason this deserves a warning. You just gave yourself away.

@Knuckles Your side?

Edited by sage
  • Like 1

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

20 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

• Like 1

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

6 hours ago, sage said:

@Knuckles Your side?

Nydekore pretty much nailed what logic was running through my head at the time

Side note: hearing my own voice in a video just sounds really weird

Edited by Knuckles
Over explaining when someone else already read my mind
  • Like 1

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

+Support

Idk what fucking cocaine yall are on but people can privately contact other people through the usage of comms like what RRH do

[RRH-05]

or

[Some Weeb - Sixx]

My guess? Yall pulling that "Globally accepted rule" shit out yo ass again lmao. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 hour ago, Some Weeb said:

+Support

Idk what fucking cocaine yall are on but people can privately contact other people through the usage of comms like what RRH do

[RRH-05]

or

[Some Weeb - Sixx]

My guess? Yall pulling that "Globally accepted rule" shit out yo ass again lmao. 

The thing is he wouldn't from what I experienced in my time as a Delta-5 2LT you wouldn't ask someone if their good, you wouldn't be suspicious of the Tau-5 if it was just a regular Tau-5 the whole point of disguises is so you treat them the same way you would treat any other MTF I think that this is minor metagame/powergame

Edited by Soggy

Former |Delta-5 2LT | Medical SM SEC FTO SM/WDL| CI RND SCR SWB IIN/CI LCPL MJ EOI Overseer Leviathan D1

The answer is definitely grounds for an AOS, no question about it. A reasonable person would find it suspicious that somebody who reports to him is on a private MTF channel that he himself does not have access to. However, my question is if the reported party would approach any Nu-7 member that he outranked like that if he didn't realize the guy was an EOI. I don't think it's fair to assume the worst right off, so I'd like to know that first.

Yeah - Support, from his perspective it looked like you were just stood AFK in a corridor, he asked what was up and you said yeah just speaking in private MTF comms , which imo is a little suspicious considering he IS mtf and a higher rank then you, perhaps if you'd said like private comms in general ,maybe but idk this seems like you gave yourself away.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

11 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

7 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

+Support

[RRH-05]

or

[Some Weeb - Sixx]

Dog based as always. 

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

Honestly, I think theirs fault on both sides, "Private MTF Comms" could mean a million different things but also a giveaway without further detail of the communication. Now from what it looks like Knuckles had really no reason to stop you, but I feel further context leading up to this situation is needed, and I don't think that is possible. So, I'm staying neutral for now.  

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

8 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

+Support

[RRH-05]

or

[Some Weeb - Sixx]

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

-support 

Has already been punished in Nu7 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Meridian said:

Yeah - Support, from his perspective it looked like you were just stood AFK in a corridor, he asked what was up and you said yeah just speaking in private MTF comms , which imo is a little suspicious considering he IS mtf and a higher rank then you, perhaps if you'd said like private comms in general ,maybe but idk this seems like you gave yourself away.

if the eoi were normal mtf, he would not have just kidnapped him. Once he saw eoi he just instinctfully thought he was suspicious and used little evidence to take him. as if he were a normal mtf he woulda just brushed it off most likely.

+/- support

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

14 hours ago, Soggy said:

The thing is he wouldn't from what I experienced in my time as a Delta-5 2LT you wouldn't ask someone if their good, you wouldn't be suspicious of the Tau-5 if it was just a regular Tau-5 the whole point of disguises is so you treat them the same way you would treat any other MTF I think that this is minor metagame/powergame

yea

-support because he was already punished

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

Just so I am clear here:

If I get striked in rp for RDM I won't get warned if he reports me, this is grand time to get blacklisted on gensec again.!

Idk why yall are giving every possible excuse for this man but 

A. He ain't immune to being warned cause he got striked

B. Private comms do exist its called getting on a different radio channel or comm channel

(Sorry if I come off like a douchebag but metgame and power game for eoi is so overlooked its insane)

Edited by Some Weeb
  • Like 2

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

6 hours ago, CyClone said:

if the eoi were normal mtf, he would not have just kidnapped him. Once he saw eoi he just instinctfully thought he was suspicious and used little evidence to take him. as if he were a normal mtf he woulda just brushed it off most likely.

+/- support

Edited by Kevlar_

Screenshot_13.png

I've been trying to stay on the sidelines while just keeping an eye on this thread from time to time, but people keep wondering why I stopped in the first place as there isn't any context provided leading up to that moment. Our interactions up to then had been polite "get to know you" type chats. This is the new guy on site and I want to get to know the guy I'll potentially be patrolling with. Is he cool? Is he the lone wolf type? Can we buy each other drinks when 682 finally fucks off? In this case I walked up to the guy standing outside the interrogation room. A fellow MTF outside an interrogation room is a chance for some great gossip (who'd the redacted nab today or was Bright just throwing someone else in the incinerator?). Considering he was by himself I just wanted to make sure things were going smoothly then get the gossip on whats going down in the interrogation room (insert Chris Pratt reaction meme here). Instead he starts talking about comms which we would most definitely share. Instead of gossip it's more of a record scratch moment. Others in this thread have mentioned private comms such as between two players, but when has ANYONE ever referred to PMs as private comms? 

I understand CI's frustration considering they get metagamed far too often, but assuming I was out to get this man when I'm just trying to look out for the new guy is absurd

Edited by Knuckles

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

5 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I've been trying to stay on the sidelines while just keeping an eye on this thread from time to time, but people keep wondering why I stopped in the first place as there isn't any context provided leading up to that moment. Our interactions up to then had been polite "get to know you" type chats. This is the new guy on site and I want to get to know the guy I'll potentially be patrolling with. Is he cool? Is he the lone wolf type? Can we buy each other drinks when 682 finally fucks off? In this case I walked up to the guy standing outside the interrogation room. A fellow MTF outside an interrogation room is a chance for some great gossip (who'd the redacted nab today or was Bright just throwing someone else in the incinerator?). Considering he was by himself I just wanted to make sure things were going smoothly then get the gossip on whats going down in the interrogation room (insert Chris Pratt reaction meme here). Instead he starts talking about comms which we would most definitely share. Instead of gossip it's more of a record scratch moment. Others in this thread have mentioned private comms such as between two players, but when has ANYONE ever referred to PMs as private comms? 

Now that knuckles has responded I'll give a full response.

I'm still partial but I believe I'm going to -Support.

The other MTF was guarding the interrogation room alone and I believe that can lead to anyone standing outside and helping. During the time of the video it was Code: Yellow meaning it could have been anything from D-Class Riots to 1 or 2 Euclid SCPs breached. Meaning this MTF most likely didn't have a lot to do.

The interrogation room is Level 4+ and Restricted to such which means that whatever goes on inside is usually important and MTF do usually guard outside of it especially depending on who or what is in there.
If up to that point they have been having chats such as what Knuckles had been saying then I don't find it so random for Knuckles to stop and find the time to have another one especially as what I had said earlier, it is just a Code Yellow.

As for the cuffing aspect I do believe Knuckles could have instead asked more questions to get more information instead of going straight to cuffing him but I don't find it random for Knuckles to attempt to have a talk with him if it was something that had happened multiple times before.

2 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

Just so I am clear here:

If I get striked in rp for RDM I won't get warned if he reports me, this is grand time to get blacklisted on gensec again.!

Idk why yall are giving every possible excuse for this man but 

A. He ain't immune to being warned cause he got striked

B. Private comms do exist its called getting on a different radio channel or comm channel

(Sorry if I come off like a douchebag but metgame and power game for eoi is so overlooked its insane)

Yeah, just because someone gets striked on a branch doesn't make them immune to server warns.

IMO should be held responsible inside and outside of the branch.

Edited by Voxial

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

3 hours ago, Knuckles said:

I understand CI's frustration considering they get metagamed far too often, but assuming I was out to get this man when I'm just trying to look out for the new guy is absurd

Again, the question is this: do all Nu-7 garner that level of attention from you? Most people do not put that level of effort into their roleplay here but suddenly they're Sherlock Holmes IC when they read an OOC job title. However, to be fair, many EOI have the subtlety of a sledgehammer and are very quick to mistake genuine IC suspicion for metagame.