SawickM’s ban appeal (please reduce ban length)- Denied

SawickM

1. Steam Name: SawickM

2. Ingame Name: Sawick, Tony Bologna, Jesus Christ, Master of Ceremonies, Lord of Time etc.

3. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:62241714

4. Ban Length: It was like a month or so (Longer than what it should have been) 

5. Admin that Banned you: [GL] benjacobs

6. Reason for Ban: MRDMX2 and LTAP

7. Dispute: So I was on the server (the time was like 2:30AM EST or 3:00AM) on a CC walking around with a VIP of DT’s (Ben Jacobs was one of those DT) and after I became bored I shot a rocket at my feet and killed 8 people (I was on bridge and none of the DT or Naval cared because you know I’m me and people like me for the most part.) Prior to doing this though there were many times a member of the group I was in killed multiple people with RPGs including DT, RG, Nova you name it they got blown up (it was kinda the theme of the night) I’m not saying it made it excusable but I can’t help but feel like Ben Jacobs has something against me for whatever reason. Anyways I digress, before I shot the rocket that killed those 8 people I specifically said “ban me for a week or whatever I’m getting off” that right there is not LTAP. LTAP (leaving to avoid punishment) imply I’m trying to bypass being banned which I wasn’t I know I was getting banned. Also I don’t know in what world the ban for MRDMX2 is a month long ban but I know for certain when I was SuperAdmin it was never standard to do that. I leave you with this, all of the DT I was with (I was in their TS channel) were laughing and we’re fine with it, and maybe there’s a reason Ben Jacobs hasn’t moved past Admin for months (just something to think about.) I don’t want to be outright unbanned but like maybe shorten it by 2 weeks or something.

Also side note my reserves were taken way back for an incident that was actually kinda proven to be good thing and besides the minor trolling I’ve done since I have been a good member of the community (as I have always been.) And if I could get those back so I can play on my IF job that would be great (I’ll apologize or whatever you want.) 

Much love from your friend Sawick.

Edited by SawickM

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

+Support

This portion of the ban is indeed invalid and the ban length was much more severe than typical potentially due to bias. 8 kills is typically 10 days not 30. And as Sawick said, the point of LTAP is when you try to get out of punishment. If you can acknowledge you are getting punished and it isn't an actual attempt to escape punishment, I don't believe that constitutes the nature of LTAP. By definition LTAP is "Leave to avoid punishment"; if he said he knew he was getting punished and banned, how is him leaving trying to avoid punishment?

none of the DT or Naval cared because you know I’m me and people like me for the most part

This is also pretty important. If none of them reported him or cared, why punish him? Especially because Sawick was picked out of the others who were blowing people up, I do think there is potentially bias present here and just finding a reason to punish him. This ban just seems like an excuse to ban Sawick for his actions relating to the report Benjacobs made on him while that report was in a pending state.

I would also like to notify @benjacobs034of this appeal to get his side, as I am curious what he has to say regarding this to get a fair side, but for now this is my interpretation of the situation at hand, and it may change depending on what evidence or things he has to say.

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

@Keegan after he shot two rockets in bridge and killed me and multiple others  I issued a warn and ban on sawick and after hotshot found out during our staff meeting after he asked me why I banned him   he got nimo to push the ban to a month because and I quote “he should know better since he was a previous super admin”-Hotshot”.            I only did the ban to the amount for  13 days for it only being MRDMx2 and Ltap. I am not able to ban to a month I am only able to ban to 3 weeks as a admin. 

Edited by benjacobs034

-IC CMDR 1138 Boss -Senior Admin  -Senior Gamemaster 

1 hour ago, benjacobs034 said:

@Keegan after he shot two rockets in bridge and killed me and multiple others  I issued a warn and ban on sawick and after hotshot found out during our staff meeting after he asked me why I banned him   he got nimo to push the ban to a month because and I quote “he should know better since he was a previous super admin”-Hotshot”.            I only did the ban to the amount for  13 days for it only being MRDMx2 and Ltap. I am not able to ban to a month I am only able to ban to 3 weeks as a admin. 

This still doesn’t explain why you banned me even though there were 3 others with me (all of which were previously high ranking staff) again not saying I shouldn’t have been banned but you specifically targeted me for some reason not only banning me but muting and gagging only me aswell. Also as stated previously no one complained that I killed them on bridge and I was welcomed on bridge. And if I remember correctly you were killed multiple times by the others in my group. 

Edited by SawickM

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

7 hours ago, benjacobs034 said:

I agree with Ben Jacobs, as I was one of the Victims up on Bridge during that time frame so It's gonna be a  
-/+Support  as I don't see the Full reason for the 1 Month ban maybe like 2-3 weeks at most, but it isn't my place to decide what happens to him.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

I been reading this and reading it trying to make sure I got everything I will say I really don’t like that you said there might be a reason why Ben Jacobs hasn’t be promoted it seems kind childish and spiteful if you feel like he’s targeting you the report him or at the very least have a talk with him with a higher staff member there as a mediator and sort out these issues as for the ban yeah it needs to be shorten but still be banned for at least 4 days or something it’s still mass RDM as funny as it is some people may not find it funny and would be mad if at least some punishment didn’t come I know you meant no harm just be more careful next time is all 

+ Support

"Even the good leaders make poor decisions, it's the best leaders that take responsibility for them." - Kratos

8 hours ago, Kio said:

I agree with Ben Jacobs, as I was one of the Victims up on Bridge during that time frame so It's gonna be a  
-/+Support  as I don't see the Full reason for the 1 Month ban maybe like 2-3 weeks at most, but it isn't my place to decide what happens to him.

Thanks for your input with all do respect this is a ban appeal so by definition you actually do have a say in what should have transpired/ should happen now. This is the reason we have the forums and this section of it. 

4 hours ago, JokerFormerBoss said:

I been reading this and reading it trying to make sure I got everything I will say I really don’t like that you said there might be a reason why Ben Jacobs hasn’t be promoted it seems kind childish and spiteful if you feel like he’s targeting you the report him or at the very least have a talk with him with a higher staff member there as a mediator and sort out these issues as for the ban yeah it needs to be shorten but still be banned for at least 4 days or something it’s still mass RDM as funny as it is some people may not find it funny and would be mad if at least some punishment didn’t come I know you meant no harm just be more careful next time is all 

+ Support

I meant no disrespect by saying he has been admin longer than the usual time I was merely referring to that fact in a way to point out that maybe his judgement is sometimes wrong and he can’t be trusted with a higher rank. Also the entire reason I made this appeal was to bring to light how bias and petty he is acting towards me ever since I left staff and RP and I am no longer his superior in any regard. In the last few months whenever I get on the server I am constantly watched by him as he is waiting to try and punish me it’s sick in a way. 

Edited by SawickM

• Manager

DENIED

Your account will not be recieving an unban, either because you are a blacklisted member, or because your ban is deemed valid by SMT

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗