Kevlar's Senior Admin Application- Accepted

Kevlar_

Should Kevlar become a Senior Admin?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kevlar become a Senior Admin?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?:

Kevlar

What is your steam name?:

[GL] Kevlar

What is your steam ID?:

STEAM_0:0:82399217

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667):

Kevlar#9777

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: 

Yes, on multiple other popular DarkRP servers years ago.

What date did you start playing in the community? (roughly)

I started playing in 2019, came back in 2020/21 and have been playing since.

What date did you make your forums account?

August 6, 2019

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)

Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?

No.

Have you read the staff handbook?

Many times.

Timezone:

CST

What rank are you applying for?

Senior Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I have been staffing on GL for a very long time, and I have gained tons of experience from my days as TMod, all the way up to Admin, learning new things every day. According to my "Staff Statistics" I have taken over three thousand sits which shows I have run into pretty much every problem, and through these experiences, I have learned how certain problems will unfold and how to handle them efficiently. All this time within the staff team and I still have no intention of leaving anytime soon; my motivation is strong to this day to climb the ranks of the staff team to help as much as I can. I hope to become a Senior Admin to obtain new abilities which I can use to assist the staff team and myself when needed. I believe I deserve the rank of Senior Admin due to my dedication to the server, and the amount of work I put in for the server which will continue for many days to come. I see nowhere in the future a time where I will lose motivation or want to leave the staff team. I enjoy hopping on the server every day and helping anyone who needs it, as we all needed help at the beginning of our time on this server/game. I am active on the forums, getting on daily to check the new Trial Moderator applications and whatever else is new. I believe I am deserving of the rank because I believe I am a very trusted member of the server. I hold high ranks in RP, and have never in my GL career done something untrustworthy that would deem someone unworthy of holding a staff rank in GL. I want to hold this rank to continue my future within the staff team. Whether I get this rank or not, will have no effect on my motivation to continue my work within the staff team. If this is denied I will work to fix anything needed to be eligible for said rank. My activity is another big reason I believe I deserve this rank. I am on the server every day for many hours. This will allow me to handle anything needed by a Senior Admin very often without someone needing to contact another Senior Admin on discord for help. Although I understand activity alone does not make an ideal staff member, I believe I deserve the rank of Senior Admin for the reasons stated above. If you read this far, I am impressed.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Once I bring the player to the sit, I would ask him for the reason he killed 4+ people (assuming he did in the situation). If he refuses to answer and begins to curse at me, I would gag/mute the player. I would explain what he did was wrong, check his priors, and issue the proper punishment if he is guilty. The punishment would be a 5-day ban, along with a formal warning. If the situation was a misunderstanding, an accident, or any of the sort then I may issue a shorter punishment that I believe is fair to the player. Some staff members may warn for staff/player disrespect under certain circumstances, but I personally am not affected by these things so I would not punish them unless it was directed towards someone else who is offended by it.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

First of all, I would deal with each player separately. I would ask the player who made the sit to begin with one person. During this sit, only the player who I am currently dealing with would be present; all other players would not be brought to the sit until they are being dealt with. It would be just like handling multiple sits, and this plan would make it much more efficient. Anyone being toxic in the sit may receive punishment depending on the severity and or player it is being directed towards.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

There is always a case where someone will not care about receiving punishment on our server. They will continue stacking warns, but the warns are not effective until they reach 10,20,30 or 40 and receive a ban. If a player is repeating offenses or stacking up warns without a care in the world, then I would let them know that if they continue, they will receive a ban. If the player continues anyways, I would ban them for around 1 day to let them take a break (or more depending on the situation of course).

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

I would bring the player to a sit, and let them know what they are doing is not allowed. If they are arguing, and believe it is allowed, then I would let them know if they continue they will be punished accordingly whether they believe it or not. If possible I could get a higher ranking staff member to confirm it for them, if that is enough for them to listen. If they continue abusing the bug after a verbal and an explanation, I would issue a punishment and inform them that they may create a staff report if they believe what they were doing was allowed and think the situation was handled incorrectly.

• Like 1

Screenshot_13.png

6 hours ago, Geeko said:

+support

Great member of GL and would do a great job in this position.

nothing negative from this player

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

12 hours ago, Geeko said:

+support

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

13 hours ago, Geeko said:

+support

Former: CI 1LT DHLS, CI RND AIN, T1 Scorpion I, MTF D5 WO

RETIRED. 

probs going to go to mil rp

+Support

great member of Gaminglight 🤓

doing very well as staff

worse as sarkic than me

• Angry 1

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

MASS +SUPPORT

I have worked extremely closely with kevlar during my time in D5, I have nothing but good things to say about him, Kevlar works extremely hard and always does an amazing job. Kevlar is a perfect canidate for senior admin.

Kevlar is also a very trusted member on the server being a LTCOL in D5 and a 1LT in CI.

Kevlar also has 11 weeks playtime and knows the rules and how to be staff.

GOOD LUCK KEVLAR!!!

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

On 4/23/2022 at 2:58 PM, Geeko said:

+support

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:28 AM, Geeko said:

+support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+Support 

Great staff member

Amazing attitude

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

On 4/23/2022 at 1:48 PM, Pills said:

+Support

great member of Gaminglight 🤓

doing very well as staff

worse as sarkic than me

Former |Delta-5 2LT | Medical SM SEC FTO SM/WDL| CI RND SCR SWB IIN/CI LCPL MJ EOI Overseer Leviathan D1

On 4/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, Its Buck said:

MASS +SUPPORT

I have worked extremely closely with kevlar during my time in D5, I have nothing but good things to say about him, Kevlar works extremely hard and always does an amazing job. Kevlar is a perfect canidate for senior admin.

Kevlar is also a very trusted member on the server being a LTCOL in D5 and a 1LT in CI.

Kevlar also has 11 weeks playtime and knows the rules and how to be staff.

GOOD LUCK KEVLAR!!!

UwU

Former D5 MAJ Former CI MAJ | Former G.O.C. CMDR

What the hell is a D5 HCMD secretary