SN04/Crystal/Chip

2. Your SteamID: 

STEAM_0:1:97415152

3. The player's name in-game:

Grand Inquisitor Name

4. The player's steam name (If you know it):

[GL] CollectiveWorld

5. What did the player do:

Intentionally earraped me in TS by lying and linking something that wasn't what he said it was. The first link in the image shown he gave me was legit, it was of him killing someone in a boxing arena in-game. He then told me to look at the next one further, saying it was related to the same stuff in-game. Turns out that was not true and the "print screen" goes directly to a Jeff the Killer image that is flashing and has a deafening scream as well. I instantly took off my headphones but now I have a massive headache and my ears are in extreme pain (still to this moment) due to the fact that I have hyperacusis (disorder in loudness perception). This also can make my already severe tinnitus worse (ringing in the ear). 

6. Evidence (REQUIRED):

evid2.jpg.4690db5cc2b0b9fcce0ce12aa1149d8e.jpg

7. What do you believe should happen to the player:

I want there to be at least some action taken to ensure that this won't happen again to me or other players in the future. Right after he did it to me he said in the TS that he was going to go try to get someone else with it. It's really not that funny considering intentional earrape is considered an actual crime in my country (obviously hard to prove etc etc etc but still speaks to the severity), or the fact that people like myself have hypersensitivity to noise and tinnitus, or that things like this can cause someone ELSE to develop these things.

8. Any extra information:

This happened today BTW, 4/22/2022. 

I don't want this to cause any drama between me, Name, or other players, he's a pretty chill dude. I just want others and myself to be an environment where we can be comfortable that other staff members aren't going to do things like this to others. I hope he can understand where I'm coming from with this.

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

This isnt in the right section, this would be a staff report.

Edit; +support

as a Superadmin/Role-model for lower ranks Name should know that this is not allowed and goes against server rules, this is very saddening to see from a JMT member and outright disrespectful.

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

Bartholomew, I specifically asked Apple about this on discord prior to making this report. 

evid3.jpg

• Like 1

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

+Support

The act which has been committed by this JMT / HC Member is pure Immaturity and shows a Lack of Respect for other community members. Along with we have had this same incident a few months ago where someone did this and they were banned for 3 Weeks to a Month. 

9 hours ago, Firekirby said:

Intentionally earraped me in TS by lying and linking something that wasn't what he said it was.

Now I don't understand why he was in the Channel nor why he posted the Link. But as a member of "High Command" and "Junior Management" you are expect to hold yourself to a High Standard, which means being Professional and Honest to the Community in times like this when it comes to posting Clips / Links. This member has failed that.

Right after he did it to me he said in the TS that he was going to go try to get someone else with it.

It is unfortunate to see that he was indeed going around to other TS Channels and trying to "Spook" or "Scare" other members who may have conditions that get triggered by this that he would not know about nor need to know about. (He shouldnt be posting Links / Clips that pertain Fast flashing lights, and that can cause Epileptic Seizures or anything for that matter)

or the fact that people like myself have hypersensitivity to noise and tinnitus, or that things like this can cause someone ELSE to develop these things.

I'm very sorry that this had to happen to you, and the JMT / HC Member should have been more aware of something like this and more cautious before even thinking about trying to post a Link like this. Hope you feel better!

It's really not that funny considering intentional earrape is considered an actual crime in my country

As a past member of this Community; Earrape is not allowed on the Server and usually results in a Mute/Gag and or a Warn, and in some cases a Ban. If a member of a Battalion were to do this we would have 0 tolerance for it and it would be a straight removal and in some battalions a DNT. Although it is different now I guess due to the member being "High Command / JMT"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, This behavior should not be tolerated whatsoever in this Community and If others are to be Removed / Demoted for such actions I believe that the member being Reported should be subject to a even Harsher punishment due to them holding two VERY high ranks. If people look up to someone with such high ranks and think of them as role models they will most likely commit the same Actions. Which is sad but it does happen. Overall I believe either a Removal from High Command / Demotion from High Command, and a Demotion from JMT / Removal from Staff. Is a reasonable punishment.

Edited by MrPickle
  • Like 2

Former: Darth Vader

Former: Super Administrator | Forum Diplomat | Support Advisor

So, Once again. If that did affect you again im sorry that jump scare was suppose to be a joke just for a little laugh. I talk with you guys alot late at night and i just wanted to send you something that i thought was funny, of course its not a major issue to make a report about and you could have come to talk to me about but i do see where you are coming from. I have been hit with that link before and it does give you a little scare and thats all i was leaning to get from that joke. Once again theres not much i can say as i thought it would give you a little laugh

If i had known you had that i 100% would not have done that. I take jumpscares as a joke and nothing else and it seems you didnt take it as one. Again i would like to formally apologise for this but again i didnt mean anything other than a joke

Edited by CollectiveWorld
  • Like 1

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

6 minutes ago, CollectiveWorld said:

So, Once again. If that did affect you again im sorry taht jump scare was suppose to be a joke just for a little laugh. I talk with you guys alot late at night and i just wanted to send you something that i thought was funny, of course its not a major issue to make a report about and you could have come to talk to me about but i do see where you are coming from. I have been hit with that link before and it does give you a little scare and thats all i was leaning to get from that joke. Once again theres not much i can say as i thought it would give you a little laugh

You have the right to remain silent ; Anything you say can and WILL be used against you in the court of law, You have the right to have an attorney present now and during any future questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you at no cost

• Like 1

want there to be at least some action taken to ensure that this won't happen again to me or other players in the future. Right after he did it to me he said in the TS that he was going to go try to get someone else with it. It's really not that funny considering intentional earrape is considered an actual crime in my country (obviously hard to prove etc etc etc but still speaks to the severity), or the fact that people like myself have hypersensitivity to noise and tinnitus, or that things like this can cause someone ELSE to develop these things.

I Did not say i was getting someone else with it

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

I want to clarify that I don't want Name punished by demotion or anything like that, I think he's likely worked very hard to get to the position he's at and even though it caused me some harm it's only because of my condition in particular. I know he had no ill intent through this and it was just a joke. When I say "some action" I just mean I want other staff to be aware of how this can be harmful to others sometimes

1 hour ago, v0y4g3r666 said:

i think name should be thrown in federal prison personally, capital punishment. Water Fish GIF by The Pew Charitable Trusts

Approved.

Edited by Firekirby

star wars animation GIF

3 hours ago, CollectiveWorld said:

So, Once again. If that did affect you again im sorry that jump scare was suppose to be a joke just for a little laugh. I talk with you guys alot late at night and i just wanted to send you something that i thought was funny, of course its not a major issue to make a report about and you could have come to talk to me about but i do see where you are coming from. I have been hit with that link before and it does give you a little scare and thats all i was leaning to get from that joke. Once again theres not much i can say as i thought it would give you a little laugh

If i had known you had that i 100% would not have done that. I take jumpscares as a joke and nothing else and it seems you didnt take it as one. Again i would like to formally apologise for this but again i didnt mean anything other than a joke

I do think this is a good lesson to learn especially for life that ear damage is no laughing matter, as it is something that is permanent and affects many people. Especially prefacing something with trust as a friend, JMT, and HC, it can be very misleading to someone and cause such issues. Ducks even brought up the point about flashing images and seizures, which is entirely possible as well, and if something like that occurred it's not even a guarantee that this report would be made...

I am going to +Support this with a note that these "jokes" should probably stop here, and that sending these around as staff and/or Command/HC is not acceptable to the trust of the community, particularly on official GL platforms. Ducks brought up how previous members who were not as high a rank were punished severely for this matter, receiving lengthy bans for it. I am sure that will not apply here, both as the reporter requested otherwise and since I doubt SMT+HC have the capacity to do so anyways due to their need for people and lack of qualified replacements at the moment, but let this be a reminder that staff and Command are to be held to a much higher expectation, and shouldn't get let off for breaking rules 24/7.

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

You know I don’t think Name should get banned or demoted. However I do think it wasn’t a cool thing to do so what I propose is Name receives a Strike in both High Command and staff that will be appealable after 3 months. That’s all I’ll say about this and what I suggest seems fair to me. 

Although Ducks and Keegan do bring up some good points. I believe Nimo will do what’s right in this situation. 

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

9 minutes ago, SawickM said:

You know I don’t think Name should get banned or demoted. However I do think it wasn’t a cool thing to do so what I propose is Name receives a Strike in both High Command and staff that will be appealable after 3 months. That’s all I’ll say about this and what I suggest seems fair to me. 

Agreed Definitely shouldnt be getting demoted for this, I can also agree that at most could be a strikable offence with ability to appeal as I know Name well and know he would never have done it if he'd known of his situation. Just needs to be reiterated in the rules somewhere that for both staff and players, sending potentially physically harming content (Visual/Audio) isnt tolerated and can lead to punishment so something like this doesn't happen again is all. Do I believe Name should get a strike for this? No. But do make this a rule to not send content like that as I too have tinnitus and can understand dudes pain, having something set off that loud, ear piercing ringing physically hurts sometimes.

Current: R Overseer 
Ex Ninth Sister/Ex Seventh Sister/Ex Second Sister 
- Joint ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\ ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) /̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿            smoke smoking GIF by Wiz Khalifa

Unfortunately I am going to -support this I think name is a great guy and meant nothing by it also I looked up that link and it literally has a warning before you see the video and it seems like all these people +supporting this does not care about what he did they only don't like name and are butthurt. sn04 I see you as a friend and I respect your decision to make a report I just think this is bogus.
image.png.7d159c21b600bb9f13932f03cec8f4e0.png

Edited by JohnsAFK

Real Ass G
the sopranos smoking GIF

2 hours ago, JohnsAFK said:

Unfortunately I am going to -support this I think name is a great guy and meant nothing by it also I looked up that link and it literally has a warning before you see the video and it seems like all these people +supporting this does not care about what he did they only don't like name and are butthurt. sn04 I see you as a friend and I respect your decision to make a report I just think this is bogus.
image.png.7d159c21b600bb9f13932f03cec8f4e0.png

Just giving my two cents here, while yes it does have the warning — the most important part — it also prefaces all of this with a cookie warning. You go to any random 20 websites, 10-15 of them will have cookies and a pop up letting you know. More importantly, this doesn’t draw a significant amount of attention to the whole “Might cause you to go into medical debt” section. I also believe the warning for the content is worded weird. “User-generated content MAY NOT be suitable…” The issue lies with the “may not” section. This still puts some sort of trust in who is being sent the link as the website could or could not have content that triggers a seizure. Generally with games this warning will have its own screen, devoid of anything else so it draws all attention and focus to the specific message. This doesn’t do so. 

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

8 minutes ago, alaric said:

Just giving my two cents here, while yes it does have the warning — the most important part — it also prefaces all of this with a cookie warning. You go to any random 20 websites, 10-15 of them will have cookies and a pop up letting you know. More importantly, this doesn’t draw a significant amount of attention to the whole “Might cause you to go into medical debt” section. I also believe the warning for the content is worded weird. “User-generated content MAY NOT be suitable…” The issue lies with the “may not” section. This still puts some sort of trust in who is being sent the link as the website could or could not have content that triggers a seizure. Generally with games this warning will have its own screen, devoid of anything else so it draws all attention and focus to the specific message. This doesn’t do so. 

In all bold it tells you for risk of epileptic seziure and its right above approve so if you clikcing approve your seeing that no matter what 

Real Ass G
the sopranos smoking GIF

I get that there's a warning beforehand, but there's no real tangible reason why I wouldn't click on it when I have trust in someone who is a very high rank, especially knowing that something like this clearly goes against the server's rules. Shifting the blame here to me for clicking the link doesn't really seem reasonable, the link is clearly made to look like a print screen image and like I said there's no reason I shouldn't have believed Name after the first link being legit and rules in place against this. It's a joke obviously, but if you had hypersensitivity to noise like me it likely wouldn't be a good one.

Additional note: Obviously like I said above I don't want Name punished with demotion, and don't think he deserves to get shit on for this incident. I get he was messing around and we all do it, but I just wanted to make the report so that incidents like these don't happen in the future.

Edited by Firekirby

star wars animation GIF

I retract my statement about Name receiving a Harsh Punishment due to the fact that if he were to be removed no one would be able to take up his spot as their is currently no one competent enough to take his spot as a Grand General Equivalency. Thus making the IQ Branch die without a Head and someone to have a direct line to SHC.

Also no one reads cookie warnings and if you click Decline it still does the flashy flashy and screamy screamy so yeah

@JohnsAFK

Former: Darth Vader

Former: Super Administrator | Forum Diplomat | Support Advisor

3 hours ago, JohnsAFK said:

In all bold it tells you for risk of epileptic seziure and its right above approve so if you clikcing approve your seeing that no matter what 

You completely miss the point. Nobody reads cookie warnings, and why should they? The warning about lights is hidden inside that warning, purposefully making it easy to miss/ignore (also doesn't mention anything about noise, which is the issue here). Furthermore, even clicking deny on that page leads to the same result of receiving flashing lights with loud sounds. When someone you think you can trust sends you a link, you let your guard down a bit, and this instance completely abused that trust that a friend, HC, and JMT gets.

49 minutes ago, Firekirby said:

Shifting the blame here to me for clicking the link doesn't really seem reasonable, the link is clearly made to look like a print screen image and like I said there's no reason I shouldn't have believed Name after the first link being legit and rules in place against this. It's a joke obviously, but if you had hypersensitivity to noise like me it likely wouldn't be a good one.

What Mr JohnsAFK is trying to do is called victim blaming, and it is absolutely disgusting. @JohnsAFKyou try to call the +Supporters biased, but maybe you should reevaluate that for yourself. You are in DT, and are a GM V, and should know how to be mature and professional on the forums, rather than blaming the person who was negatively impacted by an abuse of trust by one of the higher ups in this community, and who received lasting physical damage. Be considerate and don't be a dick. If I was still a SGM I would have striked you for this horrible lapse of character.

Removed General Keegan

Also, I would heavily implore anyone who is viewing this post and seeks to dismiss claims of "oh it's not that bad", or to "just close it", and as such thinking to -Support this as such, to please actually go to the page that caused this trouble.

https://pnrtscr.com/kqkrc7

Keep in mind of course that this is EXTREMELY loud (to the point that it hurts anybody even if they don't already have ear damage) and has flashing lights. On PC it will go full screen, and when you try to close the tab, it will attempt to prevent you from doing such with a popup.

Removed General Keegan

18 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Also, I would heavily implore anyone who is viewing this post and seeks to dismiss claims of "oh it's not that bad", or to "just close it", and as such thinking to -Support this as such, to please actually go to the page that caused this trouble.

https://pnrtscr.com/kqkrc7

Keep in mind of course that this is EXTREMELY loud (to the point that it hurts anybody even if they don't already have ear damage) and has flashing lights. On PC it will go full screen, and when you try to close the tab, it will attempt to prevent you from doing such with a popup.

Alt+F4

Real Ass G
the sopranos smoking GIF

12 minutes ago, JohnsAFK said:

Alt+F4

That still causes the browser to make you click a confirmation to work. All the while the noise and visual still plays. You haven't even tried it.

Removed General Keegan

• bop locked this topic
  • Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your report! The specified member will be punished accordingly by an SMT member

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗