Knuckles' Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Knuckles

Do you support this player becoming a staff member?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this player becoming a staff member?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?:
MTF Nu7 SGT Knuckles

What is your steam name?:
Knuckles

What is your steam ID?: 
STEAM_0:1:92194481 | 76561198144654691

What is your discord username: 
Knuckles#4118

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:
Yes, I have prior experience as an Event Admin for our SCP-RP server where I was either hosting events or making sure the SCP-RP rules of the time were followed. I also have experience as a Head Administrator for Icefuse Networks where I was tasked with overseeing and managing a relatively large staff team (often 40-50+).

What date did you start playing on the community?
I first joined the community around March of 2019

What date did you make your forums account?
March 4, 2019

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?
I have 2 warns. The first comes from over 2 years ago due to power gaming and the second was more recent as I had just purchased the longbow and didn't realize D Class could not use it.
809d13eec8fea7b20058228a1df83be1.png

What is your donor rank?
Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?
No

Have you read the staff handbook?
Yes

Timezone:
EST

What rank are you applying for?
Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
With my prior experience both here and elsewhere I believe I am very well qualified. I have experiences from both in and outside this community providing me with a valuable skillset that I can bring to the server. Because of my extensive experience, I have learned how to effectively work with all types of players whether they be a true saint or the biggest minge to walk the land. I believe I deserve this rank because of how I work with others. When working with other staff members I make sure all the details are available at all times and make sure to operate as efficiently as possible. When working with players in sits I know how to be patient. Often times players in sits will be incredibly frustrated with one another. I know how to manage this and when to put my foot down. Often times the best way to deal with this is to let the players vent their frustrations in a controlled environment so it is not taken out on the server at large. Once they've had their chance to vent we can come together and have a civil discussion about what happened, why it happened (from both points of view), and how similar events can be avoided. I always consider context in my decisions as I want to know why events turned out the way they did. By doing this I can present the image of a staff team that isn't simply more robotic than the HLPR bots, but rather a team of people who will listen and work with players before trying to drop the maximum punishment possible. I bring a patient and level head to the staff team and I know how to handle criticism. I deserve this rank not only because I can do the job well, but also because I can gracefully acknowledge when I mess up and improve when I do.

Scenario Questions

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
If a player is MassRDMing and then swearing up a storm once confronted it is reasonable to assume they are either a minge or they have been "wronged" in such a manner that they were sent over the edge. I would pull the player aside and try to gauge which of the two it is (or a potentially different option). I am a very patient person and in prior experiences I have found that once a player has been given a chance to get all their screaming out they tend to calm down. Provided they did not start fouling up advert or OOC I would give the player the chance to get it all out in a controlled, separated environment before attempting to talk to them to see just what inspired this. If the player is an obvious minge I would refer to a staff member with the authority to ban with the appropriate evidence as well as context regarding the situation. If the player was pushed over the proverbial edge I would have a brief conversation before taking that course of action. I would figure out what pushed them to that extreme and I would provide them with much less destructive alternative options for future use before informing the player that MassRDM is still an incredibly serious offense. I would still refer to a higher staff member for the relevant ban but I would also remind the player to come back after the ban and see if we couldn't get started on a new path. 

In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?
A player who doesn't care about their punishment is often a minge or a repeat offender. While I normally want to consider circumstances when issuing punishments (so as to not be too harsh), a player who doesn't care about their punishments likely does not care about the players affected/disrupted by their actions. I would still try to get context from their side of the story, but I would be much less inclined to be lenient unless it is obvious something set the player off and them "not caring" is more them being in an angered state of mind doing something they may regret later on once they've calmed down. 

Edited by Knuckles
Forgot the warn screenshot :)

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

7 hours ago, Trizium said:

+ Support

+ Great App

+ Trusted

+ Good guy

Fuckin love this guy. Massive + Support.

GO KNUCKLES!!!

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+support

Love the effort you put into this application, it shows that you want this position.

You put great work into Nu7 and stay really active so I think you deserve a chance at staff.

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

On 4/21/2022 at 1:29 AM, Trizium said:

+ Support

+ Great App

+ Trusted

+ Good guy

I don't know the guy very well, but form what I can see, he isn't bad.
and if what you say with Icefuse is true, previous staff experience can go a long way.

Former  E11/R&D Senior Command | Former IMP RP HCMD | Donator | "when you're drunk as fuck, you feel no pain" - Yohan 2022 |

On 4/21/2022 at 9:15 PM, Cardigan Backyardigan said:

+support

Love the effort you put into this application, it shows that you want this position.

You put great work into Nu7 and stay really active so I think you deserve a chance at staff.

oofwill2.png

On 4/22/2022 at 6:48 AM, Jess1224 said:

+support - this is a fantastic application and all of my interactions with Knuckles have been positive. You've been extremely helpful to me and others in Nu-7 and show maturity and a passion for the server. Best of luck!

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

spacer.png