PoliceRP Rule wording change. - Denied

Noah Lee

What you want to see? - add more clarification to the tryout rule. Government cannot have text screens or props advertising their department unless it is the day before a tryout. -> Government cannot Advertise tryouts by using props, text screens and in chat, unless it is the day before the tryout.

Why should we add it? - because it was confusing and this will remove and confusion that may be it.

What are the advantages of having this? - less confusion due to the current stance of the rule, it doesn't state that adverts are not permitted a head of tryouts when speaking with SMT they are prohibited. 

Who is it mainly for? - everyone

so as the rule states as is, is that you cannot use TEXT screens or PROPS to advertise a tryout unless it’s the day before the meeting, it states no where that you may not use chat to advertise your tryout ahead of time, and when we went to SMT to get clarification we were told that you may not use chat even though the rule does not state that and we are simply asking for the rule to be rewritten

Edited by Noah Lee
clarification on why the rule needs to be updatwed

1 hour ago, MiniEpic said:

-Support

I think the rule is clearly stated, if not then I am reading this rule wrong.

Government cannot have text screens or props advertising their department unless it is the day before a tryout.
This to me at least clearly states what you had re worded, unless as Mini stated the rule seems fine as is.

• Retired: 
  • Police Department Captain 1L-28
  • Emergency Medical Services Head FTO FTO-01
  • Emergency Medical Services Deputy 87-33
  • Emergency Medical Services Secretary
  • United States Marshal Service Lead Special Agent 1Q-31
  • USMS Bounty Hunter Leader BHL-01
  • SRT GySGT 1R-28
  • SRT Corporal 1S-28
  • SCU Colonel 1U-28/SCU Head FTO
  • Police RP: Moderator

Drill Sgt. Kevin 1L-28

• "You do not lose if you get knocked down. You lose if you stay down" -Muhammed Ali

-support whilst I do see the possible confusion here, I feel as if the rule would only be unclear to those looking to poke holes in the rules. As this is not a significant or important rule I do not think it is important that it has absolutely perfect wording and I think it's easily understandable in its current state.

+Support

Why does it need to specify only 2 forms of advertising if all forms ingame are prohibited? The way it's currently phrased makes it common sense that you can use a /advert, otherwise it would not go out of its way to specify only physical objects.

• Like 1

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

- Support 

Hear me out, legit a rule that says "use common sense" and I mean using my common sense on a rule like this makes me know not to advert before the certain time, also if you are high enough rank to get into a department that does tryouts then you should know that anyway pretty self explanatory, on top of that the person giving out the tryouts should inform you when to advert and they will be a high enough rank to understand the rules if not then they should not be in that position. Overall it is just a huge waste of time for SMT cause if you do not understand that then god.

Cammy_Signature_1.png

+Support 

The rule states nothing about adverts, only props, and text screens, and when I've adverted, I've been told not to and when looking through the rules I only saw the no text screens and props and nothing on adverts which has caused not only myself confusion with the subject. all that is being requested is a few words changed to add clarification and to prevent more people in the future from breaking the rule when you have such an extensive set of rules clarification is necessary and this rule needs to be adjusted to fix that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceyBoyo said:

+Support

Why does it need to specify only 2 forms of advertising if all forms ingame are prohibited? The way it's currently phrased makes it common sense that you can use a /advert, otherwise it would not go out of its way to specify only physical objects.

+ support

Changing the wording leads to less confusion and less of a chance of someone being punished for following something not clearly written in the MOTD

Even if wording makes sense to some people it doesn't make sense to everyone, I feel like we would want it to make sense to everyone to prevent punishments being handed out

All forms should be clearly stated

"Jimmy Can I minge With a Button?"