General Suggestion - Remove M98B From Security Sniper - Denied

Cardigan Backyardigan

17 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

Coltable himself offered this switch and I’ve hardly noticed the change. The 98B has a very long time between shots so unless they get ZJ back all you gotta do is move enough and they’re not gonna get you

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

12 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

People see M98B and go “GENSEC need bad gun ooga booga.” We still lose D-Block regardless so what’s the issue?

Also, it was Colt himself that suggested it. 

ALSO, HCMD don’t appreciate when people make suggestions about their branch without speaking to them first. No effort was made to contact us prior. Although it’s not a rule it’s just etiquette and respectful.

Yea I agree with mind here and its been talked about time and time again, if you want something changed with a branch to contact that branchs HCMD before making a forums post about it. -SUPPORT

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

-support
i get that the m98 is powerful but it isn't that broken
the choice of sniper doesn't matter much anyways; any sniper should be able to one shot d class

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

13 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

People see M98B and go “GENSEC need bad gun ooga booga.” We still lose D-Block regardless so what’s the issue?

Also, it was Colt himself that suggested it. 

ALSO, HCMD don’t appreciate when people make suggestions about their branch without speaking to them first. No effort was made to contact us prior. Although it’s not a rule it’s just etiquette and respectful.

-Support

Everyone dogging on gensec talkin mad shit then once they get a good gun it's fuckin ww3 up in this shit.

Keep getting mad when you get uno reversed lmao 

• Thanks 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 4/19/2022 at 12:50 AM, Cardigan Backyardigan said:

What are you suggesting? - Remove M98B From Security Sniper

How would this change better the server? -  It would allow d-class to have a chance

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Security may complain

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  D-Class

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

D-Class already got nerfed to the ground considering that Tommy Gun is worthless and the main d-class SMGs got a huge recoil nerf. I don't see why Security Sniper (which you can get at SGT) gets the best sniper in the game. They are going up against d-class that just got completely nerfed. Everything was 100% fine when they had AI AW50

You really think the problem with D-Block balance right now is centered around a Security sniper? Really? My main issue as a D-Class is the constant HTF presence in D-Block, that's what stops any riot I attempt to incite as a mobster in its tracks.

5 hours ago, Kvist said:

You really think the problem with D-Block balance right now is centered around a Security sniper? Really? My main issue as a D-Class is the constant HTF presence in D-Block, that's what stops any riot I attempt to incite as a mobster in its tracks.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will try my best to stop this from happening and make sure HTF is only there when needed.

• Like 1

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

-Support

Honestly i don't mind every sniper class having one specific sniper, even if its powerful. The difference it makes is very minimal compared to the AW50; The limb damage still sucks, it still one shots on a headshot, and it still two shots 125/100 CC's on torso shots. Even if it is a sniper more powerful than gensec should have, i think its well deserved compensation for the fact that limb shots have a .25x multiplier, and the 98 is the only reliable sniper nowadays. 

Maybe if they "fix" the rest of the snipers it would be different, but until the other snipers can be used reliably it needs the meta sniper to survive.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:08 AM, Nydekore said:

-Support

Coltable himself offered this switch and I’ve hardly noticed the change. The 98B has a very long time between shots so unless they get ZJ back all you gotta do is move enough and they’re not gonna get you

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:08 AM, Nydekore said:

The 98B has a very long time between shots so unless they get ZJ back all you gotta do is move enough and they’re not gonna get you.

+Support 

Regarding the quote above, the problem with these snipers isn't the rate of fire, its the fact its a .50 cal on a Security Sniper job, something you'd expect on MTF. Replacing it with like a M24 makes more sense cause you're shooting humans, not buildings or vehicles.

And not to start an argument but anyone saying skill issue or something, don't be smug, it doesn't take skill to shoot a 200 damage sniper on top of a 2nd floor catwalk.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

+Support 

Regarding the quote above, the problem with these snipers isn't the rate of fire, its the fact its a .50 cal on a Security Sniper job, something you'd expect on MTF. Replacing it with like a M24 makes more sense cause you're shooting humans, not buildings or vehicles.

And not to start an argument but anyone saying skill issue or something, don't be smug, it doesn't take skill to shoot a 200 damage sniper on top of a 2nd floor catwalk.

Do you even play the server anymore? The sniper we have before the M98B was the AW50, which is also a .50 cal sniper and was literally only slightly worse. The M24 is a pretty bad sniper, is mainly only a decent secondary. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Sixx said:

Do you even play the server anymore? The sniper we have before the M98B was the AW50, which is also a .50 cal sniper and was literally only slightly worse. The M24 is a pretty bad sniper, is mainly only a decent secondary. 

Ive been playing on and off the last few weeks, so yes, but regardless, logically, why does a Prison Guard needs a .50 cal to deal with a rioting prisoner? RP-wise it makes no sense, and frankly, a sniper shouldn't be a one man army anyways.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

I'm gonna be fully honest I'm a very active D-Class Rioter and I don't think I have even noticed the change of the M98B being on Gensec job so I'm fine with it -Support

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

+support

Gensec are literally built to fight D-class, and can one tap some CI classes 💀

Not to mention that they have 5 slots as well so there can be 5 snipers on catwalk instantly fuckin obliterating d-class that attempt to escape d-block. 
Doesn't make sense because the uzi & tec-9 both got a nerf which are the 2 main weapons of d-class. 

i'd go -support if dclass got a buff.
I'm not malding about getting shit on by a security sniper, I just think it's a bit ridiculous that they get weaponry like the m98b. 
Yes I do know that coltable made the suggestion but im just expressing my opinion here. 

Former: CI 1LT DHLS, CI RND AIN, T1 Scorpion I, MTF D5 WO

RETIRED. 

probs going to go to mil rp

-support

So let me get this straight: You want to take a sniper, off a sniper job, because its powerful? So basically you wanna be able to take D Class who have no armor, and nothing that would protect them and give them a freebie to escape a sniper with arguably one of the slowest fire rates in the server, hence its high damage, when you can accomplish the same with a group of D Class. Just work more with other D Class, and actually overthrow D Block instead of complaining about a sniper.

Way i saw it that sniper job can only land shots while using scope as there's to much spread when noscoping, this makes it even harder for security sniper to land shots within a close space such as upper dblock, now when it comes to lower dblock sure they will 1 shot a dclass no problem but Dclass was always meant to be a numbers game same as CI, take 2-4 dclass shooting at a security sniper all at once and that fucker will drop off that walkway no problem.

5 hours ago, Tydrix Weeb said:

I'm gonna be fully honest I'm a very active D-Class Rioter and I don't think I have even noticed the change of the M98B being on Gensec job so I'm fine with it -Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"