General Suggestion - Remove M98B From Security Sniper - Denied

Cardigan Backyardigan

What are you suggesting? - Remove M98B From Security Sniper

How would this change better the server? -  It would allow d-class to have a chance

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Security may complain

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  D-Class

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

D-Class already got nerfed to the ground considering that Tommy Gun is worthless and the main d-class SMGs got a huge recoil nerf. I don't see why Security Sniper (which you can get at SGT) gets the best sniper in the game. They are going up against d-class that just got completely nerfed. Everything was 100% fine when they had AI AW50

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

-Support

Coltable himself offered this switch and I’ve hardly noticed the change. The 98B has a very long time between shots so unless they get ZJ back all you gotta do is move enough and they’re not gonna get you

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

Coltable himself offered this switch and I’ve hardly noticed the change. The 98B has a very long time between shots so unless they get ZJ back all you gotta do is move enough and they’re not gonna get you

If Coltable approved the change then he himself saw it as reasonable so I don't see the major problem especially if it has a long time in between shots.

-Support

People see M98B and go “GENSEC need bad gun ooga booga.” We still lose D-Block regardless so what’s the issue?

Also, it was Colt himself that suggested it. 

ALSO, HCMD don’t appreciate when people make suggestions about their branch without speaking to them first. No effort was made to contact us prior. Although it’s not a rule it’s just etiquette and respectful.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

Personally going to -support not necessarily because of the suggestion itself, but as the suggestion was made without consulting GenSec HCMD. A suggestion relating to a branch should be made either by that branch's HCMD or in cooperation with their HCMD. If the HCMD are refusing to cooperate I can see making a suggestion, but from my experience with GenSec HCMD they're very open to changes and are willing to accept nerfs if the community want that. Will keep at a -support until I see approval from GenSec HCMD.

-Support

Don't most snipers 1 tap D class? even if it was removed, they'd still get something strong. I really don't mean to be rude, but it sounds like a skill issue. 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

-Support, It's very tempting to say something along the lines of "skill issue, requires good aim to use anyway", but being HCMD I gotta be all respectful and stuff. So, the M98B does 158 damage to the body which is all you can hit on Class D due to no head shot hitboxes which may one shot Class D, but as the age old tale goes, you're Dclass you shouldn't be difficult to kill, if you're struggling to riot because of it to me it seems like you need to try work with other class D more, one or two Class D shouldn't be able to wipe out GenSec it just doesn't make much sense.

For those Dclass CC's that are worried about the sniper, please keep in mind you can have 100 125  which is quite a chunk more then OFC or Enlisted, and you have the Tec-9 which although not that good, probably isn't that much worse then Enlisted guns AND you guys have a LOT more experience then most people in GenSec, most OFC's don't know how to buy ammo, let alone crouch jump spam in combat with a half naked man using a guitar.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

8 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

-Support
ezgif-2-4842f00fb2.gif.6d15c4183400a82c98a33d1ad974998f.gif

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+/-support

i’ll go over a few points.

If coltable allowed this it will most likely stand as it is a new update. I can see why he agreed to this as it is a slowish gun but high reward for hitting your shots.

But giving the highest damage gun to a starter class can be a bit op i can say. From using the m98b i can say that if you are hitting your shots it’s really deadly. Aka 2 shotting O5 and Ethics.

but this gun does have counters like close quarter combat which then it’s not very good.

I think a better fit would be the awp but then again i’m not gensec hcmd.

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

-SUPPORT

Gensec loses d block constantly

literally any sniper one shots d class, they have 100 health, ive literally never seen a sniper do less then 100 damage unless you shoot their toe, kinda un needed. 

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

42 minutes ago, Sixx said:

-Support
ezgif-2-4842f00fb2.gif.6d15c4183400a82c98a33d1ad974998f.gif

- Support

Oh idk, a man with a orange jacket and no armor at all shouldn't be able to survive any type of sniper rifle.

• Laughing 1

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

1 minute ago, FusionThunder said:

spacer.png

-Support

embed fail 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CyClone said:

+/-support

i’ll go over a few points.

If coltable allowed this it will most likely stand as it is a new update. I can see why he agreed to this as it is a slowish gun but high reward for hitting your shots.

But giving the highest damage gun to a starter class can be a bit op i can say. From using the m98b i can say that if you are hitting your shots it’s really deadly. Aka 2 shotting O5 and Ethics.

but this gun does have counters like close quarter combat which then it’s not very good.

I think a better fit would be the awp but then again i’m not gensec hcmd.

Literally what he said ^   +/- SUPPORT

3 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

-Support

People see M98B and go “GENSEC need bad gun ooga booga.” We still lose D-Block regardless so what’s the issue?

Also, it was Colt himself that suggested it. 

ALSO, HCMD don’t appreciate when people make suggestions about their branch without speaking to them first. No effort was made to contact us prior. Although it’s not a rule it’s just etiquette and respectful.

Suggestions get made against CI all the time without it being ran up the flag pole. Its a suggestion for a reason, you shouldn't need approval to voice your opinion...

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

4 minutes ago, Cuz L0g1c said:

Literally what he said ^   +/- SUPPORT

Suggestions get made against CI all the time without it being ran up the flag pole. Its a suggestion for a reason, you shouldn't need approval to voice your opinion...

I never said anything about needing approval, I suggest merely trying to work things out with the people who run the branch before messing with it yourself. 

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

High risk high reward i dont see an issue with keeping it tbh most snipers one shot 100 0 to like 125 0 so it wont really matter anyways + most people who play that job will most likely be gensec enlisted who are mostly new to gaminglight so i doubt they would be able to hit their shots against a dclass who is violently crouch spamming tbh the AW50 was better since you dont run like a sloth who just sipped lean so i dont see an issue with keeping it -Support

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

-Support

This was suggested by coltable himself.

The gun itself is only good if you actually are accurate, and also has a slow fire rate, if by the off chance youre facing a GENSEC sniper and he misses, you basically won the fight. Plus you can overrun them pretty easily with more then 2 people, which in most cases D-class out number us and have no NLR.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU