Governor Suggestion - Denied

HeadHuntingSniper

What you want to see? - Changing name (and model) of President and Vice President into Governor and Vice Governor.

Why should we add it? - In my opinion, it makes little sense the President is in one city in Illinois, yes when he visits for a big campaign or to bring moral, but it would make much more sense for the Governor and Vice Governor. The Governors are more likely to go to towns in their state in order to do things. The Governor could also be the person who makes law as he is apart of the State Executive Branch, so you would not need to change the name. As well, the Governor is very similar to the President in job, except he is only jurisdiction in his State. It would improve the RP, because the amount of Presidents assassinations that happen to America would probably cripple us to us being completely destroyed. Now, yes the Governor is still a very important figure, but it would not cause to much problem unlike the Presidents death. If you want models to replace the President and VP for a Governor and Vice Governor, there is a few that could very well work. Such as Dr. Breen or G-Man. For Protection, it would also make more sense if you just want to rename it to GPD (Governor Protection Detail), or just have State Troopers protect the Governor like they do in real life.

What are the advantages of having this? - Improved RP and would make a lot more sense because the President would usually never be in a state as often as he is.

Who is it mainly for? - Executive Branch

Links to any content - models/player/breen.mdl | models/player/gman_high.mdl

ISB:IA- Agent Greg

Death Trooper - SN03

Senior Gamemaster

+Support

Excellent Idea! This suggestion would benefit Gaminglight PoliceRP in the sense of immersion due to the map being a city; Not a country as a whole.

Gaminglight Moderation & Server Player

Trial Moderator | PD MSGT Joseph 1A75 | FBI SNR SA Joseph KGB23 | PPD PA Joseph XP1.
                                      FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA FORUMS, OR ON DISCORD. I AM VERY REACHABLE, AND CAN RESPOND IN 1-24 HOURS. [GL] Joseph#3021 OR CLICK PROFILE TO LEFT TOP OF POST.

-Support

The current system allows FBI an additional objective on the server, if we downgraded to Governor then it would no longer be the FBI's interest in protecting them and it would be pushed to the State police or another department. I feel that the current system we have now enables FBI to have another thing to do including having another sub-division for the exact purpose of protecting the president. This is a semi-serious server and for now in my opinion, we are in a good spot and no big changes need to be made for the presidential role and the FBI's sub-division. However, it is a good idea, just not necessarily a needed change currently.

Sergeant Major Nick Hunter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Private Drexus

Rockford Police Department - Badge 1A91                                                                                                                                                                                                         Shock Security Battalion - Badge SK091

On 4/12/2022 at 10:04 PM, Joseph Galland said:

+Support

Excellent Idea! This suggestion would benefit Gaminglight PoliceRP in the sense of immersion due to the map being a city; Not a country as a whole.

SYP SM | SRT SGT EMS EMT

What i used to be
PD LT | Swat SPC

On 4/13/2022 at 11:12 AM, Nick Hunter said:

-Support

The current system allows FBI an additional objective on the server, if we downgraded to Governor then it would no longer be the FBI's interest in protecting them and it would be pushed to the State police or another department. I feel that the current system we have now enables FBI to have another thing to do including having another sub-division for the exact purpose of protecting the president. This is a semi-serious server and for now in my opinion, we are in a good spot and no big changes need to be made for the presidential role and the FBI's sub-division. However, it is a good idea, just not necessarily a needed change currently.

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

+ Support

-Makes more sense for the area we are in
-FBI would just need to rename there Sub Department but would still be used to do the job to let them focus on it still

Recs
State Police
Trooper Major 1H03 | D.O.C Assistant Warden 1CC02 | C.E.R.T Team Leader 1TL01 | State Head Field Training Officer

+Support

the FBI argument isn’t really a reason to not have this.

1) the fbi has an office in every state with respect to investigating felonies in each state.

2) the FBI is still expected to follow the laws of that state even though they are federal.

3) the FBI reports to the department of justice AKA PD High command.

Governor will have no control over them but the president also has no control over them either. The FBI still will investigate claims against governors and other felonies and protect the governor (as it would be a felony to do anything to the governor). 

-support

This is a semi-serious server, the name of President has existed for ages, this seems like such a small detail to change for no real reason. It's fine how it is now.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

LTThayzeproper.png.4c289949530f0c6553353cabf72af743.png

Aviation fanatic and all things loud

Also some random discord mod  in a far away world

-Support

No need to add this

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

On 4/13/2022 at 11:12 AM, Nick Hunter said:

-Support

Also trying to take away a sub department from FBI. State already has 3 sub departments. It doesn't need another.

Current

Assistant Chief || DF LCPL || Police RP Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Master Sergeant