General Suggestion: PSG-1 Change [Completed]

Meridian

What are you suggesting? - I am suggesting  a slight change to the PSG-1, Currently it is just a worse GS3G1 in every way, I understand the Gs3 is meta right now, and I don't particularly want that to change, i'd just like to make a gun that is currently pointless, be more useful and i have an idea on how this could be done.

Current stats of the PSG-1 (According to C menu which I know is unreliable but it gives you an idea)
Accuracy: 1 | 0
Fire rate: 250 RPM
Mobility: 91
Damage: 110 
Range: 1.5K
Stability: 0 (Not a clue what this does btw)

Stats of the GS3G1 for reference (Using this as it's the most commonly used DMR rn)
Accuracy: 1 | 0
Fire rate: 300RPM
Mobility: 86
Damage: 115
Range: 0K
Stability: 0

As you can see it is literally worse in every way when compared to the GS3G1, other guns like the Dragunov have their own "thing" such as higher damage slower fire rate however these 2 guns are so similar and yet the PSG-1 becomes completely irrelevant because of inferior stats, so i believe we should give it a "thing".

My  idea would be to lower the damage to around 80-90, increase fire rate to 400ish and lower recoil by a large amount, this would give a nice alternative to the GS3 as one would shoot faster, more accurately but do less damage, and the other will hit hard, but shoot slower and less accurately. 

How would this change better the server? - Give combat classes more variety

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Might change metas slightly.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Any combat branch/class

Side note: I know weapons are being changed already so this might already be something that's underway, if this is the case then I apologize for the wasted time.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

58 minutes ago, PlantBruh said:

+support 

I like it! 

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

+Support The psg actually used to be a pretty decent gun till the gun nerfs came out and I think this would be a pretty cool addition

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

9 hours ago, frog said:

+Support The psg actually used to be a pretty decent gun till the gun nerfs came out and I think this would be a pretty cool addition

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+Support good idea, but I think it should be moved down to Gold since its Diamond currently I believe. 

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

On 4/9/2022 at 2:08 AM, frog said:

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

On 4/9/2022 at 2:08 AM, frog said:

OG E4 weapon   ;-;   I want it back

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

On 4/9/2022 at 12:57 AM, PlantBruh said:

+support 

I like it! 

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

• 1 month later...