Cecil's Security Director Application

Cecil Stedmen

Am I fit/ready for become Security Director?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Am I fit/ready for become Security Director?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Cecil

What is your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:65369818

What is your rank on the Naval Roster?: Lieutenant Commander / Security Officer

What specialty are you applying for?: Security Director

What Naval Command (Commodore +) gave you permission to apply?: Agent Kallus (Also got perms from Kallus to override the 2 week entry requirement, allowing me to put the app in early before Friday when I'd normally be eligible)

What can you do to improve the branch you will be responsible for? 

Well to answer that, I’ll need to divide my plan into 3 sections. A 3 pronged plan if you will.

Prong A - Work to make Security Officer more enticing to become a part of and play on

Now the above sounds good and all, but how do I intend to do it? The answer to that is a variety of things, one of them was a potential suggestion I brought forward to admiralty & Shock Command already who seemed to like it. Which was allowing all SOs+ to potentially accept bail fees. While I do not know the details of what all is going down with that; I believe if implemented would go a small way toward incentivizing people to join and play on Security Officer; thereby increasing activity in the specialty as a whole. Secondly, I’ll work with Agent Kallus to incentivize high Security Officer activity through in-game cash competitions or other goodies such as skinned weaponry. This has consistently worked in the past across all gaminglight servers to incentivize high activity. Lastly, I’ll be taking a page out of Gaminglight FBI’s handbook and create a “Security Officer of the Week” competition where at every meeting the best-performing security officer will be announced as Security Officer of the Week, which may entail a variety of privileges alongside a cash prize depending on what I can convince Admiralty/High Command to allow. 

Prong B- Work to build regiment relations between Shock and Death Troopers

Recently, I have heard interest amongst some of the command for Shock and DT to work more alongside each other. This would be great and benefit both regiments involved and make sense due to both battalions handling security-related matters on the ship. However for this to be as effective as possible; we’d need to ensure there is smooth communication between Shock and DT. I believe the Security Director is perfect to handle this endeavor, considering how the Security Director oversees and advises Shock/DT Command. Secondly; I’ll also encourage the SOs under me to do joint sims/trainings between Shock & DT, further improving regiment relations between the two respective branches. Lastly, I’ll work with Shock & DT to create missions that primarily involve both battalions, being a GM myself puts me in a position where I can create and run missions for them freely. 

Prong C- Make the jobs of DT/Shock Command alongside Security Officers easier to do.

Being a security director comes with a lot of privileges, and with these privileges comes the ability to alleviate the workload of Shock, DT, and SOs. I can do this in a variety of ways; the first and arguably the biggest way I can contribute to Prong C is by helping with Roster Updates. I am already highly experienced in doing roster work and know my way around google sheets quite well. This means I am capable of handling roster work very efficiently and very quickly; I also am extremely observant when it comes to roster stuff and can point out any issues with the roster such as tryout counters not working to get the roster fixed up as quickly as possible. Secondly,  I know that SOs sometimes have trouble getting their tryout certs due to no one hosting tryout certs or no one being available to certify them when they need to do their tryout under supervision. As a security director, I'll be in the perfect position to give new TSOs ample opportunity to get their certs completed. Meaning TSOs can get certified and contribute to the SO specialty quicker than before and if I am not able to do it myself at the time; I’ll be able to communicate with any available SSOs to assist in getting new TSOs tryout certified as quickly as possible provided that the TSO shows they are ready to do their tryouts on their own. 

I hope the following explains my 3 prong plan to help improve security officers and the branches security officers oversee.

Why should you be trusted with this position?:

As I have stated in my previous application, I have been entrusted with access to a lot of highly sensitive information before. I have also been entrusted with edit access to multiple gaminglight rosters and SOPs in the past. While this would have been enough for a regular SO application; I believe I need to show I can be trusted with running a specialty/sub regiment, especially considering how I am relatively new to Security Officer compared to other applicants.  So I will be showcasing all of the gaminglight sub regiments/sub-branches/sub-departments I have run/assisted in running and directly contributed to below along with how I managed to improve each of every one of them, leaving them in a better state than before:

FBI FTO Program- I was the head of the FTO program for Gaminglight’s FBI department, which trained new agents that joined the FBI department along with running the department's mandatory & non-mandatory training programs. During this time I helped reform the FTO program and make the jobs of FTO Agents easier & more feasible to do, while also incentivizing our FTOs to work harder through competitions and rewards. Overall helping to lay the foundation for a successful training program that remains that successful to this day.

Rapid Response Unit- To explain this unit in simple terms, it was a sub-department of Gaminglight PoliceRP’s EMS. When I first got command inside of this sub-department, the sub-department was nearly dead with myself and the head of RRU being the primary people that were active at the time. When I got command I immediately got to work in trying to revive the sub-department; consistently advertising the sub-department at EMS meetings and even outright holding public forums after the main meeting for interested people to discuss what questions they had about RRU to convince them to join us. I also helped in modifying how RRU worked to make their jobs easier. While unfortunately, my efforts did not result in members increasing as much as I would have wanted, a lot of it can be attributed to the fact that not many people play EMS compared to other departments on PoliceRP, with there being a current total of 25 members in EMS and a total of 6 in the sub-department listed. However, I can say that my actions did contribute to improving the day-to-day roleplay of the sub-department and that I did my damn best to improve the activity for this sub-department.

EOI- There is VERY little about this one I can disclose. However, I can say I was a former command member who helped to lead this sub-branch on SCPRP and directly helped contribute to its revival. However, due to the redacted nature of this sub-branch; I cannot disclose more than I have here. All that I can say is my actions in this sub-branch have played a solid part in increasing the sub-branches member count alongside the actions of other EOI Command and its overseers. 

RFA- Again this one I cannot disclose much due to its secretive nature, but what I can say is that I was a deputy head of the sub-branch; and that I assisted the head of RFA in pushing for changes that’d incentivize playing on the job more along with working to actively recruit more members into RFA whether it be through reviewing applications or scouting out potential members and getting them inducted into RFA. By the time I left this sub-branch to join Imperial RP; I had helped to lay a foundation that has put RFA on the path to reclaiming the glory days it once had.

What I am trying to say by including all of this information is that I have a lot of experience running/assisting in running sub-sections of regiments/branches/battalions on Gaminglight. Every time I have entered into command of something, I always have ended up improving it in some way shape, or form; leaving it in a better state than before. With that said, I believe through these culminated experiences that I am fit to help improve Security Officers and can be trusted to make this specialty the best it can be. 

Why do you want this rank?:

I can sum this up into 2 primary reasons. First off, I want to help improve the specialty to the best of my ability, I believe I am fit & ready for the position of security director; and desire the rank since I know I'd do great things with the position. Secondly, I've had a lot of fun being a part of the Security Officer specialty and met a lot of amazing people; with this specialty being the primary thing I do on ImperialRP these days. 

Do you understand that if you receive a strike you will be stripped of this rank?: I fully understand.

What is your purpose within your assigned branch?:

The position of Security Director entails several responsibilities within Shock & DT. The basic sum of these responsibilities is alleviating the workload for Shock & DT Command as security director. This is done through ways such as updating the roster; monitoring NCOs & Officers for Command, and advising both Shock & DT Command when it comes to long-term planning of both regiments. The security director also oversees all security officers by giving them assignments, ensuring they are not abusing their power in any way, shape, or form; and assisting the Admiralty in accepting/denying new security officers. The security director also works alongside Senior Security Officers to help new TSOs get acquainted with their specialty, get them certified; and determine if TSOs have passed their trial period meaning they can be moved up to Security Officer. Lastly, they keep an eye on exceptionally performing Security Officers to find new Senior Security Officers to ensure the specialty has a steady chain of command.

Edited by Cecil Stedmen
minor formatting edits to make the application a bit more readable

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

8 hours ago, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Support

- One of the most thorough applications I have EVER seen

- Has good experience working with RP

- Great ideas for missions / activities

I've seen some incredible work from Cecil, I think he'd make a great SD.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

8 hours ago, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Support

good luck!!! love the app

| Earf | Former Pyke Underboss | Former Shock Vice Commander | Pijo|
| First Centurion Guard | Former Shadow Guard Lead |
| Former Admin | Former GM III |           

download.gif.e751cf0e988cf751203823c077ad1832.gif               

9 hours ago, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Support

On 4/6/2022 at 5:32 PM, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Support

Retired: Star Fighter Group Captain Chief Aviation Officer Inferno Squad Lead | Naval Senior Officer x3 |
Imperial Staff Member

Current: Imperial Commando Officer | 501st Officer | First Ever IC Hazmat LeadImperial Senior Moderator | 
Forum Diplomat

On 4/7/2022 at 2:32 AM, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Support

q

On 4/6/2022 at 5:32 PM, 99 dead raccoons said:

+ Support

Beep boop

• Zug locked this topic