Security Branch Update 4/2/22 [Completed]

Mind Stone

-/+Support 

I don't think any DCLASS would try their luck here. I'm confident that it would be possible to get enough D-class organized and able to hide and fight, but this kind of Cache thing won't be a real frequent occurrence. A cache raid will be once in a blue moon imo.

I enjoy initiative being taken in security, but not when a sub-branch with as much capability and promise as Wardens is being actively slept on. Rather than working with and promoting struggling facets of what jobs and duties already exist, what I see here is an addition of multiple new jobs and facets. Chiefly, this will cause even more issues for the Wardens sub-branch. Now if Wardens want anything new, it will be "But security already has Juggernauts and a HULK", quite possibly crushing future Warden's potential for growth.

Anyways! Good luck HCMD, hope your hard work pays off. But think amongst yourselves if you will, and perhaps ponder the idea that maybe not all of securities issues stem from a lack of content, but a mishandling of content from within. 🤨 Thats my wise wizard quote for the day lmao. Much love. 

Edited by APE
  • Like 2

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

5 hours ago, APE said:

-/+Support 

I don't think any DCLASS would try their luck here. I'm confident that it would be possible to get enough D-class organized and able to hide and fight, but this kind of Cache thing won't be a real frequent occurrence. A cache raid will be once in a blue moon imo.

The JUGG branch seems empty and devoid of originality and purpose. I enjoy initiative being taken in security, but not when a sub-branch with as much capability and promise as Wardens is being actively slept on. Rather than working with and promoting struggling facets of what jobs and duties already exist, what I see here is an addition of multiple new jobs and facets. Chiefly, this will cause even more issues for the Wardens sub-branch. Now if Wardens want anything new, it will be "But security already has Juggernauts and a HULK", quite possibly crushing future Warden's potential for growth.

As much as I want to see something big like this happen within security, and as much as I want to support my old peers, I don't like what I see. Not because of what is being added specifically, but because of the effects that adding such things will cause for other parts of security (wardens if you haven't guessed lol). This addition will most likely be accepted, and I'm aware of that. However, I actively dislike the current state and lack of attention the Wardens sub-branch receives. Name changes and roleplay additions to the sop only go so far. Could have just made the HULK an aspect of wardens, no? It's supposed to be securities greatest asset into the wider foundation, don't see why a new sub-branch needs created for it, Sinnik laid a fine foundation.

Anyways! Good luck HCMD, hope your hard work pays off. But think amongst yourselves if you will, and perhaps ponder the idea that maybe not all of securities issues stem from a lack of content, but a mishandling of content from within. 🤨 Thats my wise wizard quote for the day lmao. Much love. 

I'm the Lorax and I speak for the Wardens.

whatever this dude said

-Support (until adjusted)

Overall update is good, except the new Hulk job raid. Which is why -support. I'm only supporting if I support everything.

It doesn't need to be that strong. It's practically impossible for Dclass to hold down a spot for 10 mins. Most won't have the same amount of AP like CC's do. Even if they have no NLR, they only have pistols and crappy smgs compared to the LMGs and ARs they will be going against. 

Also, this may heavily discourage new players because of...

During the Assault Protocol, D-Class in lower D-Block are required to hand their hands up. Any D-Class found without hands up or in the weapons cash area are KOS.

Imagine being a new player and INSTANTLY being gunned down EVERY time you respawn and come out of a cell because this rule is in effect.

Another thing I don't really agree with is, if you need 15+ Gensec to be able to participate in the raid, why do you need to get a 500/300 job to control riots? 15+ should be able to handle that many dclass. Especially now that LMGs got buffed, almost all gensec CCs have LMGs. There really is just no need for the job. I fully understand that it's meant to be an incentive for the branch to increase activity, but the structure of getting it, doesn't justify it.

Also, I don't see healing restrictions. So basically if you win, (which you will) you get a 500/300 job that you are able to heal. And d class get access to armory in lower d block for 5 mins. You can just call partial and continue to gun down everyone on the elevator. Dclass lose no matter what. They will constantly have to spend money on guns (which they already have to do on supplier jobs) just to get killed on elevator. (Remember, 15+ gensec are online). Then what. They take over dblock. (nothing new)

Just like APE said, I don't think dclass will try their luck with this. And since this revolves around d-class starting the raid, you probably will rarely ever get to flag on if they dont start the raid they know they will lose.

• Like 1

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

9 hours ago, APE said:

-/+Support 

The JUGG branch seems empty and devoid of originality and purpose. I enjoy initiative being taken in security, but not when a sub-branch with as much capability and promise as Wardens is being actively slept on. Rather than working with and promoting struggling facets of what jobs and duties already exist, what I see here is an addition of multiple new jobs and facets. Chiefly, this will cause even more issues for the Wardens sub-branch. Now if Wardens want anything new, it will be "But security already has Juggernauts and a HULK", quite possibly crushing future Warden's potential for growth.

As much as I want to see something big like this happen within security, and as much as I want to support my old peers, I don't like what I see. Not because of what is being added specifically, but because of the effects that adding such things will cause for other parts of security (wardens if you haven't guessed lol). This addition will most likely be accepted, and I'm aware of that. However, I actively dislike the current state and lack of attention the Wardens sub-branch receives. Name changes and roleplay additions to the sop only go so far. Could have just made the HULK an aspect of wardens, no? It's supposed to be securities greatest asset into the wider foundation, don't see why a new sub-branch needs created for it, Sinnik laid a fine foundation.

I'm the Lorax and I speak for the Wardens.

Your statement is valid and reasonable but I have a few concerns with what your assuming will happen. Obviously for a short period (week or two after coming out) wardens will not be as active as before but that happens with anything new onto the server. People want to try stuff new. Also you state “just add the HULK for wardens”. I see how you could think that would be the logical way of doing things is adding and improving wardens but that is just not the case. Sadly Wardens has been limited to a max of 3 jobs, no more no less so it would be impossible to add more jobs as then jobs like wardens overseer or exspira would have to be replaced which just isn’t logical do to the function of them. One last thing is you also state that we don’t need anymore sub branches because it will just limit out current ones but if you look we are the only branch on the server that doesn’t have ranks and structure for every single sub branch. All that is being done here is actually updating our old and dysfunctional system of Wardens. 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

53 minutes ago, Sprink said:

Your statement is valid and reasonable but I have a few concerns with what your assuming will happen. Obviously for a short period (week or two after coming out) wardens will not be as active as before but that happens with anything new onto the server. People want to try stuff new. Also you state “just add the HULK for wardens”. I see how you could think that would be the logical way of doing things is adding and improving wardens but that is just not the case. Sadly Wardens has been limited to a max of 3 jobs, no more no less so it would be impossible to add more jobs as then jobs like wardens overseer or exspira would have to be replaced which just isn’t logical do to the function of them. One last thing is you also state that we don’t need anymore sub branches because it will just limit out current ones but if you look we are the only branch on the server that doesn’t have ranks and structure for every single sub branch. All that is being done here is actually updating our old and dysfunctional system of Wardens. 

Your signature is wrong silly goose, I don't wanna debate why you are wrong though, nor your misquoting of me and blanket statements. 

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

58 minutes ago, APE said:

Your signature is wrong silly goose, I don't wanna debate why you are wrong though, nor your misquoting of me and blanket statements. 

I'm not going to argue with you over the forum's suggestion. All I was doing was simply telling you what was incorrect or false in your Statements such as with Wardens restrictions and Juggernaut ones. Like I just not writing blanket statements I'm just telling you what you're saying it impossible due to the restrictions put on GenSec Sub-Branch. Also, my signature is not wrong and it's unprofessional and out of context to be bringing that up in this branch update. 

• Laughing 1

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+ Support

H.U.L.K is op as shit but this update is so fucking cool

Might join gensec who knows

(Please make H.U.L.K NLR around 4 mins if not it’ll be way too op)

^^^ nvm I just reread the requirements shit

Edited by Diz

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

On 4/2/2022 at 8:34 PM, PandaInShitpostLand said:

Massive +Support

I may be the D-Class main at heart but I think this is a great idea. However

HCMD shouldn't get the M98B, its simply too powerful.
The Juggernaut Titan should have better weapons for the effort it takes to get into it.
HULK honestly sounds underpowered in my opinion, i think instead of HP it should get more AP to 500AP, as chipping away at it would be the strategy to kill it. it could be healed which is why i dont think it needs more HP as a coordinated assault can kill him if he has no armor. remember HULK shouldn't be easily taken out, hes meant to be powerful and the Minigun is just a better auger.
Marksmans Scar-20 might be too powerful, I would prefer it having the SVD Dragunov, its been tested and its more balanced.

Also remember. D-Class are by design an unorganized "Branch" and most D-Class are orangutans. They may have no NLR but only 2 Powerful D-Class have no NLR and CC's have a minute NLR. however other than these gripes I think this is a great update.

I have some new gripes after reading more replys

The class IMO can be taken out in a few pushes but the risk reward here isn't very good. D-Class wont take their chance unless the NPC remains for 10 minutes and every gun in the armory is completely free. the guns cant be piss guns like Uzi's and Mp9's either, I'm talking AW50's, M16's, m249's, and all the good guns. 

15 Gensec is an absurd amount of gensec to be online. lower it down to 10 and I think it would be more fair.

The Ghosts Minigun is cool and all but with how people are treating custom weapons why not just go with the new, buffed Auger. it would save space on the server and still be decently powerful although I'm not against the idea of the Ghosts Minigun.

Wardens need more love and attention.

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 4/3/2022 at 8:33 AM, Tazza said:

+support

-acceptable

not to break myself here giving the d-class only a weapon chache for a few minutes when gensec gets a bloody behemoth, maybe give d-class a new special job or give d-class weapons they cant usually buy from armoury like (barret M98B, RPG-7 or something like that)

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.