Jess - Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Jess1224

Jess - Trial Moderator Application Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jess become Trial Moderator?

• Yes (please state why)
    • No (please state why)

What is your in-game name?

Jess, however I often go by the name Hamilton on my HTF job in Nu-7

What is your steam name?

JP1224

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:610011270

What is your Discord username?

JP1224#1224

Do you have any other experience with staffing?

When considering this question, I believe it is important to note I have only had access to the internet for about 10 months, so I may not have been able to build up the same amount of time staffing as others applying. However, I have been staff on a few communities before, most notably some larger Minecraft servers, Discord servers, and one or two other Garry's Mod servers. I often try to become staff after being in a community as I have a passion and drive for helping others, so I find myself often attempting to join the staff team and help more. I have also been a staff member on the Gaminglight community before, joining as a Trial Moderator in ImperialRP, however I had to leave that role after about two weeks due to time concerns and burnout. I have been in the SCP-RP community much longer than the ImperialRP community and do not fear burnout or time issues due to a lot of varying factors.

What date did you start playing on the community?

October or November of 2021.

What date did you make your forums account?

15th of November, 2021.

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?

Three warnings in total, all acquired on Gaminglight's PoliceRP, as you can see here. I find the PoliceRP rules were confusing and all of these instances were a case of a misunderstanding with no malicious intent involved whatsoever.

image.thumb.png.8e01767e74fd186c5138a5a189498eda.png

What is your donor rank?

User

Are you a staff member in another community?

No

Have you read the staff handbook?

I have read, memorised and am very familiar / comfortable with the Staff Handbook.

What is your timezone?

I am located in the UK and my timezone is GMT / BST depending on the time of year. I may occasionally be in Zimbabwe which is an hour ahead

What rank are you applying for?

Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?

I have a lot of qualities that I personally think make me deserving of this rank. Firstly, and most notably, I am a hard worker. I have proven this throughout my life, going through hardships, and being under time crunches to perform, for example having limited time to revise for an exam due to outside circumstances out of my control, and still managing to get my head down and focus, achieving a good result in the end. Another example of my hard work is my assistance with other members of Gaminglight, for example I have helped Jimmy James multiple times with smaller development projects pertaining to PoliceRP, and have always completed this in a timely manner with a good attitude, putting my all into the product and getting it to him as quickly as possible without flaws. I have also taken great care and pride over my work, making sure that it works after the fact and making myself available for follow up questions, assistance, and anything of that sort. Another quality of mine, which I think helps with my staffing potential, is my time management skills. At the minute, I have a lot on my plate, truth be told, working a part-time job, studying full-time and maintaining a social life. However, I still manage to keep up a good schedule within Garry's Mod, and unlike a lot of players, I control myself to avoid burnout. I think burnout is a clear and obvious issue with these servers as you can often get staff members who are so active within their first few weeks of service that, by the end of those few weeks, they are bored of the server and retire. Due to my varying schedule often providing me with a challenge and new things to do each week, I am able to remain active on the server consistently without burning out or getting bored. I also think my trust is a very strong attribute, not only proven by the development work done with Jimmy (as mentioned earlier) but also within Nu-7, being trusted as a Senior FTO, a Deputy Head of Field Experts, a HTF member, and with helping with a few other minor things. I think I have proven within my month or so within the SCP-RP community that I'm a trustworthy figure, and if you want to get something done, you can easily come to me. Finally, another very important quality I think I possess is my friendliness. This may seem odd, however, I've found a lot of people in Nu-7 find it easy to come to me to ask questions, talk, or anything of that sort. I think this is VERY important as a staff member, as you want the playerbase to feel like they are able to approach you and ask you questions without facing scrutiny. This is something I personally believe I do, and I think it would help me immensely as a staff member.

Scenarios

Whilst I am aware I only have to answer two scenario questions, I am choosing to answer all of them in this case as I am confident I could handle all of this situations well and with competence.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would gag / mute them, depending on which form of communication they were using to curse at me, and explain the punishment to them clearly, as I am assuming in this case I have valid log evidence to prove they MassRDMed. If they attempted to run away or move about, as most people cursing do, I would freeze them to allow me to explain without them running away. I would then proceed to warn them for MassRDM, and call an Admin or above to ban the user for 5 days for MassRDM, providing the Admin with the evidence needed to hand out the ban. Before they are banned, I would inform them again why they are being banned, and where to appeal the ban if they feel it is unjust or unfair, and say that I hope to see them again, not breaking the rules.

You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

I would firstly attempt to deescalate the situation. The best way to do this usually is to make sure the players are speaking one at a time, not speaking over each other, and are each allowed their own time to get their story out and counter claims made against them. If people are continuing to talk over each other, I can mute / gag them to ensure productivity is maintained. I would then use this method to get to the root of the issue and hand out the valid punishment. If the situation was still being unproductive and the sit was clearly getting nowhere, I would inform the reporting user that he should go to the forums and make a report on the situation, as it is quite a polarising topic and no productivity is being met in-game due to everyone arguing, disagreeing and being uncivil. This allows for each person to get their story out in text, without speaking over each other and reducing arguments.

In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

This is quite a tough situation, as sometimes trolls do come on the server with little to no regard of the punishments they receive, however I believe it is important to see these users as the same, and to not be phased by their lack of care. When they break a rule, I would punish them as I would a normal person in their situation, and inform them of why they are being punished. If they continuously and repetitively break rules with no intention of stopping, I would inform a senior ranking staff member to investigate the situation, and hand them the evidence of all the rules they have broken so far, allowing a more experienced and trained staff member to make a judgement on if the user should be banned. All together, however, I think someone who doesn't care about punishments should be treated the same as any other user.

There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

As the bug is known and reported, there is no need for me to report it on the forums, however exploitation of a bug is completely out of line, and should be dealt with. I would bring him to the situation, and tell him simply to stop abusing this bug, and that exploiting a bug IS specifically against the rules, and I would happily send him the rule if he was unsure on where to find it. I would inform him that any further abuse of this bug would result in a punishment, and I would take some time to carefully watch him to ensure he isn't continuing to abuse this bug. If he did continue to abuse the bug, I would hand out a formal warning for the infraction and scale up with his continued abuse, to the point of getting an Admin or higher to ban him if the exploitation of the bug gets out of hand. However, I hope  that the user would understand in the first situation when explained to him not to exploit the bug anymore.

Note: I am aware my last application faced a fair amount of scrutiny from those on ImperialRP due to events that had happened in the past. If you are interested, I recommend reading here where I address it fully, from my point of view, in the comments. I stand by the fact that this incident was a miscommunication, and I have striven to resolve this issue with those on ImperialRP, however I often seem to be unable to find them online, and I have been told that River, the person who resolved the issue for me in the first place, and told me that he understood what happened and didn't think I did anything wrong based on what he found out and who he spoke to, is now blacklisted from the community, apparently. With all of this in mind, I feel that the whole ImperialRP situation is just a "he said, she said" situation at this point, with both sides having valid points and neither side able to prove their beliefs due to a lack of evidence. For this reason, I ask you to look past those events, instead of taking my side without any evidence whatsoever, and trusting me with this role despite those accusations. Whilst I will stand by the fact they never happened, I cannot prove this, and there is nothing I can ever do to resolve this issue as I lack the required evidence. If any of those from ImperialRP who are DT High Command, or Navy High Command, would like to speak to me about this, I would implore you to do so as I would love to resolve this issue. Feel free to contact me on Discord, the forums, or even on Teamspeak if you see me on. Thank you.

As of the time of writing this edit, my DT blacklist has now been lifted thanks to a successful appeal, and I hope that resolves this situation.

Edited by Jess1224
DT blacklist revoked.

I haven't interacted with Jess much as a player on the server, but she has helped me with some development questions I have had and is always friendly and quick to respond.I can vouch for her as being very hard working and respectful in all of our interactions.

• Gaminglight Love 1

+Support

- Competent & Welcoming.
- Will listen to issues and assist where needed, as clearly shown above. 
- Could be a great Staff Member!

Good luck! 

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

9 minutes ago, Kieran ♡ said:

+Support

- Competent & Welcoming.

Good luck! 

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I haven't interacted with Jess much as a player on the server, but she has helped me with some development questions I have had and is always friendly and quick to respond.I can vouch for her as being very hard working and respectful in all of our interactions.

Too get the attention of a manager Is big def +support 

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

Jess's last app was (most likely) denied mostly due to some past actions on Imperial(?)RP which, from what I can tell, occurred quite some time ago and was exacerbated by the removal of the SMT member who had "resolved" the issue. She has remained trustworthy in her time here in SCPRP so I believe any concerns that are brought up due to these past mistakes can be monitored and eventually forgotten. Jess is extremely hardworking and I believe she would be a great addition to our staff team. I trust her judgement and her character and I believe she is ready at this time. 

+Support

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

12 hours ago, Kieran ♡ said:

+Support

- Competent & Welcoming.

Good luck! 

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

13 hours ago, Pure said:

Too get the attention of a manager Is big def +support 

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

Absolutely Fucking Massive + Support

+ Extremely Active

+ Amazing Application

+ Super Friendly and Nice to Talk to

She is honestly probably one the best candidates for staff on the whole server, and I would love her addition to the team.

GO JESS!

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

14 hours ago, Nydekore said:

Jess's last app was (most likely) denied mostly due to some past actions on Imperial(?)RP which, from what I can tell, occurred quite some time ago and was exacerbated by the removal of the SMT member who had "resolved" the issue. She has remained trustworthy in her time here in SCPRP so I believe any concerns that are brought up due to these past mistakes can be monitored and eventually forgotten. Jess is extremely hardworking and I believe she would be a great addition to our staff team. I trust her judgement and her character and I believe she is ready at this time. 

+Support

To kind of go off of this a little bit, I personally -supported her last application due to the evidence/testimony given to me. With that being said, I feel that her positive contributions to SCP have MORE than made up for her past and that it should no longer be cause for denial.

Jess, you're a good player and one of my favorite things about you is how you use your mistakes to grow and you own up to them, I've seen you do that here and that's a good thing to see. You have my support and I look forward to seeing you on the staff team.

+Support

Edited by Piller

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

14 hours ago, Nydekore said:

+Support

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

17 hours ago, Kieran ♡ said:

+Support

- Competent & Welcoming.

Good luck! 

Jess is super hard working, she would be an amazing staff member!

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

19 hours ago, Kieran ♡ said:

+Support

- Competent & Welcoming.

Good luck! 

Smells tho

On 3/31/2022 at 3:36 PM, Kieran ♡ said:

+Support

- Competent & Welcoming.

Good luck! 

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

+ Support
Jess is Dedicated
Hardworking
Has been in the server for a while now
Kind with almost everyone
Would make a perfect Tmod

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

On 3/31/2022 at 7:50 PM, Nydekore said:

+Support

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

On 3/31/2022 at 5:17 PM, Jimmy James said:

I mean need i say more when you have a manager backing you thats pretty much as good as it gets lol. +SUPPORT, jess absolutely deserves a shot at being staff

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

spacer.png