Advert keybinds don't save?

Nick Hunter

Recently my Garry's Mod has not been saving advert keybinds and I know a few other players have this problem so I am just going to put this here to help anyone who is also experiencing this issue as this has stopped the problem for me.

1. Goto Steam, and right click on Garry's Mod.

2. Select "Properties..."

3. Select "LOCAL FILES" and select "Browse..."

4. (Now you are in the Garry's Mod local files) select "garrysmod"

5. Select "cfg" then open "autoexec"

6. Put the commands/binds you want then click save (CONTROL + S) on "File" and you may exit out. I put an example below of my keybinds.

1425827075_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.26f3f239ecd2927da79b3b7ca8b1c466.png

• Gaminglight Love 1

Sergeant Major Nick Hunter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Private Drexus

Rockford Police Department - Badge 1A91                                                                                                                                                                                                         Shock Security Battalion - Badge SK091

The most common reason is that Garry's Mod saves them upon quitting. If the game crashes or is otherwise shut down without quitting, they will not be saved.

• Like 2

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

Honestly I would say put them in before you start and make sure to re add the " but delete them first 

Currently -- | COL of PD | EMT of EMS | LVL 7 of UMC | Staff | Owner of CC Mar and Sike | Lieutenant STATE | Forums Diplomat | 

Was -- | DAD of FBI | MSGT of HRT | SA of Secret Service | IRA | Support staff | Event Team | CC Member of HRT | CSM Of SCU 1R45 | Retired Chief Constable of SCO19 | DOC CPT |                                 

Things always come and go but its your choice to choose  what you want to continue to see.   -  Mar