Tayson Terry player report- Accepted

Tayson Terry

Your In-Game Name: Tayson Terry 

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:197725176

In-Game Name: Phamel

The player's steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:46016881

What did they do? falsely used the demote system to demote me off my COL job while in RP   

Evidence (REQUIRED): Phamel ➞ USMS Enlisted moderator demoted COL Tayson Terry 1L27 ➞ Citizen platinum for not doing his job 

What do you think is an acceptable punishment? server warning 

Edited by Tayson Terry
  • Like 1

779036469_Untitled(2)(1).jpg.5431f75bf4135d44f145364909724f83.jpg

I was on USMS Investigating wanted players and I had noticed one of the "guests" at the "wedding".  My first sighting of terry on duty as a police official at the "wedding" when it was originally being hosted at the waters edge near DOC, say 5-10 minutes goes  by so I am trying to get a hold of back up to apprehend the suspect when I am returning to the beach its all gone... so I leave it and just continue patrolling until I hear its moved to suburbs, its now been like 10-15 mins since he has been at the event partaking in it as the "father of the bride"(ill explain later) I see my suspect still at the wedding so I am able to now take him into custody and drive him to jail, time passed is now 20min since terry has been attending the wedding. I return to just see what he is exactly doing just to verify he is  not doing any police work and my results turn up he is fully attending the wedding while on duty  and telling that CPL in the video to leave and go back on patrol and at that point I call for the vote to demote as its been a good 25 to 30 mins (enlisted can only be afk for like 5 mins) that he was not done any "police work" and it passes so I now hop OFF DUTY and become a civilian to check it out...I arrive and Amie R the "Bride" and I quote from her "where is Tayson he was gonna be the father" now to further show that he was in fact attending the wedding Spoon UMC was there and saw him the whole time when I talked with my USMS command because he went straight to them and reported me to them asking for punishment and demotion.

From this point we have spoken in TS me and him along with Slasher. He stated he just wanted to talk so I talked until things started turning ugly and he was threatening player reports as such and demotions in all departments, also making sure he knew I knew was a "COLONEL" so I just had to end the talking and tell him to make a player report because nothing could be resolved. 

Knowing he probably recorded the whole wedding and is only releasing this "clip" which only shows him being demoted shows he doesn't want anyone to know he was attending the wedding while on duty as a police official. 

I only got on the server 10-20mins after it had originally attempted to start at the water so I would assume he was there for that time too

Also during our chat in TS with Slasher he was saying something about him doing an investigation about a kidnapping. I looked into it a little and I could not find any person actually at the "wedding" had been kidnapped so I just kind of figured he was bluffing trying to cover up him attending it for "RP reasons" which is the reason he originally stated in our short TS chat as to why he was attending. but there is proper protocol for kidnappings so that's why I figured he was making it up to cover for himself and have slashers decision altered or just blatantly bluffing. 

High command of USMS talked with me to get my side of the story and it was resolved in our department as I could have taken it to high command to investigate and no verbal or punishment was given as USMS high command stated "Tayson is really mad about this situation"

Im happy to explain my situation again in a controlled environment or a sit down with him and other staff members  but in the beginning his tension was to high to attempt to speak clearly and calmly to resolve anything or figure out exactly why I toke actions.

Would just like to point out this +support should be nulled due to the fact every situation has two sides and my side was not heard from the public until now

23 hours ago, catfishing for nitro said:

+support

ye

-Support

-Phamel was already spoken to about this situation. 
-I was at the wedding myself, and during the time there was crime happening and not enough gov responding. Tayson was in fact at the wedding. Although the demotion system is reserved for High Command/Staff, it still doesn't take away from the fact that government duties were not being performed while on gov. 
-Since Phamel was already talked to about this situation, this player report seems unnecessary.

USMS HC | PD Major  | SYP Owner

CC's | UMC RENEGADE/OG/VONTON/DOCTOR/Numb Gang/ Adams Crime Syndicate

Here’s the thing firstly I never threatened a demotion And at no point I said I was demoting you in any  department. As well as the cover-up RP situation as you’re saying. I was under the impression that the groom of the wedding had kidnaped somebody and left them to hang off a bridge so my goal was to be a part of the wedding so at some point we could apprehend the groom when he came back. At no point was I told  that we had figured out who the suspect was and that the person was apprehended so I was still under the impression that we were still looking for the groom and were planning to apprehend him. And you say I was supposed to be the father of the wedding at no point that was ever the plan so I’m not sure where you’re getting that from. Now I did say I was a friend of the bride because I am friends with amethyst and that was my plan to get into the wedding. To carry out the plan. Now I do admit I definitely did carry A tone in TeamSpeak but at no point I threatened a demotion what I said was the only reason you should be demoting me is if I’m AFK. And then went on to say that without even asking me first you decided that what I was doing didn’t fall under the spectrum of my job and demoted me. So it seems like there’s a communication issue here. But no I didn’t threaten you in any capacity and I did in fact tell you that I was filling out a player report but that was simply a courtesy so you could give your side of the story.

I was also working with some members of state so this isn’t just some thing I was doing by myself.

The reason I was telling the corporal to leave because he was arresting a person for killing an NPC alien some member of SMT Spond in I said let him go and just get out of here because there’s no reason to be arresting somebody for killing an NPC. 

as well as if you want to get really technical about it. multiple times people had adverted murder and attempt to shoot up the wedding I either Apprehended or subdue the peoples attempting to harm other civilians so I am still carrying out my job while being there 

Edited by Tayson Terry

So after my whole reply to the post with what information you gave me at the time of our TS talk about the only reason you were at the wedding was for a "suspected" kidnapping of the bride by the groom (right or was it just a regular kidnapping) now you were withholding information and edited your post to include other reasons why you were at the wedding while on duty, just seems like you don't have a clear reason as to why you were there since you have been withholding information or keeping it locked away as to not show your full side of the story. I say nothing should be done if you aren't fully willing to co operate and tell your side of the story without adding in information which could be true or false just to get a warn in server for something that is now clearly going above and beyond now at this point. I have truthfully replied my story and now its become you clearing your name as to why you were at the wedding while on duty. There was many witnesses who could testify as to your exact actions at the wedding like Spoon UMC or many others ( I just mention Spoon because he has also supported the claim and knows what is happening).

Now as to being AFK on the job yes that is one reason for being demoted off the job and its not the only reason for a demotion off the job and we all know that to be true.

+Support

The demotion system is, with few exceptions, reserved for staff or command members (normally not high command as stated above, but since Tayson is a Colonel none of his superiors are low command) and a staff demote shouldn't be done by an off-duty staff member unless they are high enough to use other staff powers off duty.

While I appreciate Phamel's reasoning as to the action, it's a pretty simple issue. The line can be pushed a bit for AFK demotions as being AFK is not something that has any room for interpretation, but ultimately a USMS Enlisted member cannot decide upon the standards to which a PD Colonel should be held nor enforce them. That would be either an issue for on-duty staff or Senior Admin+ to determine if any server rules were broken, or PD High Command (mostly Deputy Commissioner+) to decide if the behaviour meets the standards and expectations of a PD Colonel. Tayson's attendance at the wedding, and the reasoning thereof, is therefore not a factor in the validity of this report - the use of the demotion command was not authorized and was against server rules.

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

54 minutes ago, Phamel321 said:

the only reason you were at the wedding was for a "suspected" kidnapping of the bride by the groom (right or was it just a regular kidnapping) now you were withholding information and edited your post to include other reasons why you were at the wedding while on duty

No, it wasn’t a suspected kidnapping it was a confirmed one we had found the person hanging off a bridge I was there for actual RP reasons and as much as you would like to say I wasn’t I was there with a purpose. No information was intentionally withheld from you or any other party. My story is always been the same as well. I was at the wedding to apprehend the groom who was suspected of committing a confirmed kidnapping. My goal was to go undercover as a friend of the bride as a way to gain access to the wedding. I was still carrying out that plan when you demoted me off the job unaware that a person or persons had been placed under arrest for the kidnapping. like I said they were members of state involved with this investigation so this isn’t something I’m just pulling out of thin air or some thing I was doing by myself. 

I did not edit the original post anyway other than to include your Steam ID now I did edit a comment I made that was to make sure I was providing the most factual/truthful statements that I could so no the editing wasn’t to cover anything up that was simply to provide the best reading experience possible for the situation

Edited by Tayson Terry

-Support 

He was already talked to by USMS command which was the Department he was on and I don’t think it should go any further then that and even if this report is accepted he should only get talked to. 

17 hours ago, [GL] Spoon said:

-Support

-Phamel was already spoken to about this situation. 
-I was at the wedding myself, and during the time there was crime happening and not enough gov responding. Tayson was in fact at the wedding. Although the demotion system is reserved for High Command/Staff, it still doesn't take away from the fact that government duties were not being performed while on gov. 
-Since Phamel was already talked to about this situation, this player report seems unnecessary.

• Like 1

Retired PRP - FBI Chief of Staff | FTO Training Director | USMS Deputy Marshal | HRT Captain

PD Sergeant Major

Ex PRP Senior Moderator 

20220814123045_1_13.png.01f385d214d4507ed56e2e53594103f9.png

1 hour ago, BruceyBoyo said:

+Support

The demotion system is, with few exceptions, reserved for staff or command members (normally not high command as stated above, but since Tayson is a Colonel none of his superiors are low command) and a staff demote shouldn't be done by an off-duty staff member unless they are high enough to use other staff powers off duty.

While I appreciate Phamel's reasoning as to the action, it's a pretty simple issue. The line can be pushed a bit for AFK demotions as being AFK is not something that has any room for interpretation, but ultimately a USMS Enlisted member cannot decide upon the standards to which a PD Colonel should be held nor enforce them. That would be either an issue for on-duty staff or Senior Admin+ to determine if any server rules were broken, or PD High Command (mostly Deputy Commissioner+) to decide if the behaviour meets the standards and expectations of a PD Colonel. Tayson's attendance at the wedding, and the reasoning thereof, is therefore not a factor in the validity of this report - the use of the demotion command was not authorized and was against server rules.

in addition, it doesn't matter if this was already handled ingame as other posters have mentioned, players have the option to make a report if they want a re-review of the situation

4 hours ago, BruceyBoyo said:

+Support

+ Support 

Abuse of the /demote system is not a department thing its a server rules thing so a talking to by command isnt the same thing in my opinion. This really isnt a complicated rule to understand. 

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor