General Suggestion - Allow Playing Soundboard Songs with the N Word - Denied

LilThinMints

She tryna meet carti  👺

okay, the title can be worded better, but like....its music, with rap being one of if not the most popular genre in pop culture today, and the fact we are playing fucking gmod, you are bound to hear music with the n word in it. Oh fuckin' well. 

I also have no intention of being the one who tells a black guy he cant say the n word. Like, tell the gay guy he cant say the f slur, go tell a person with autism they cant say retard, like bro my ex has straight up autism and she makes jokes about her being a "retard" all the time. GL just soft as fuck sometimes and tbh, this can be step in the right direction. 

If its just blatantly racist music, thats one thing, but if you are just playing a song and oh no scary n-word, this is an M rated game, with one of the most fuckered communities present on it. We play a server where we do brutal torture and human sacrifice, homicide, deal with anomalies who will mutilate and devour human beings for fun, terrorism, liveleak type shit around every corner, this damn server aint a safe space, and the more we push it to be like one, the more we push people to play other shit anyways. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

• LilThinMints changed the title to General Suggestion - Allow Playing Soundboard Songs with the N Word
17 minutes ago, LilThinMints said:

What are you suggesting? - That people can play songs that contain the n word.

How would this change the server? - Less people would be banned and it would attract more people who aren't stuck up

Are there any disadvantages? - It would make people feel as if their rights are being infringed upon if you deny the suggestion

Who would this change mostly benefit?- People who have been banned for unjust reasons and people who didnt read motd that well

Playing audio that has the n word doesnt hurt anyone, ask other black people who are on the server about it, like Don Ceech and they wont mind it. Its just music, and at the end of the day, it hurts nobody.

+Support
Its just a song it has nothing serious in it, yall are really too soft if you think the Nword in a song is disrespectful.
In easier words, Its just a song it wont harm anybody

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

-Support

Nope, don't need it. Especially don't need people to start singing along. Full stop.

Much easier for staff to enforce a 0 tolerance policy, far easier for the player base to understand.

Edited by Nydekore
  • Dislike 5

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support
Its music with no ill intent, as long as the music is not being used for that sole purpose.
We did have a song with the f slur intentionally on the server during christmas...

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

27 minutes ago, LilThinMints said:

ask other black people who are on the server about it,

💀

• Like 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

6 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support
Its music with no ill intent, as long as the music is not being used for that sole purpose.
We did have a song with the f slur intentionally on the server during christmas...

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

7 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support

if its just a song i dont see a huge problem with it

|retired dhor/meritorious service award recipient||former CI 1lt/sm and E4 C2||Rho 36 Shaman|
"For the day I die, imma touch the sky"

I was gonna suggest this too but i was trying to word it so people wouldn't -support it immediately.

+Support

If YOU are banned for racism, it should be for something YOU said. So many people get in so much trouble because of music. Let people enjoy their taste in music. Many people have the same taste in music, and many of them definitely hear that shit all the time. "Where did you hear that johnny?" at school mom. 

Not, "on the GL server mom"

I got brought into a sit and almost got banned once because of music that was playing IN THE BACKGROUND. Y'all try to control too much. (Luckily they asked for second opinion from another staff member and I was let off with verbal)

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

4 minutes ago, Eyelander said:

if its just a song i dont see a huge problem with it

+Support

SCP RP Ranks and CC's : CI SFTO CPT, S9 Houston IX, Owner Of CI "Reaper" Squadron SCP RP Level 100 Gang

"Why Does A RRH Only have 10 Hours on the server"?

"Very Active Forums User" - Hoovy

17 minutes ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

48 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

Nope, don't need it. Especially don't need people to start singing along. Full stop.

Much easier for staff to enforce a 0 tolerance policy, far easier for the player base to understand.

I can already imagine someone being like "Let me spam the portion of this song that has the N-word"

I gotta side with Nydekore on this. 

• Like 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

5 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

I can already imagine someone being like "Let me spam the portion of this song that has the N-word"

I gotta side with Nydekore on this. 

I just mean actual music. Not someone screaming the hard r for 10 seconds. Like if its music i dont see a problem with it unless its genuinely racist. 

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

1 hour ago, Orange 🍊 said:

+Support

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

+support, as long as the intent of the song isn't just to spam it and isn't the ENTIRE song just spamming the N word

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

2 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

I was gonna suggest this too but i was trying to word it so people wouldn't -support it immediately.

+Support

If YOU are banned for racism, it should be for something YOU said. So many people get in so much trouble because of music. Let people enjoy their taste in music. Many people have the same taste in music, and many of them definitely hear that shit all the time. "Where did you hear that johnny?" at school mom. 

Not, "on the GL server mom"

I got brought into a sit and almost got banned once because of music that was playing IN THE BACKGROUND. Y'all try to control too much. (Luckily they asked for second opinion from another staff member and I was let off with verbal)

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.