Add "Intimidate" to interrogations - Denied

[GL] Fizz-y Soda

What are you suggesting? - Allow 1 chance to roll 90+ at the beginning of an interrogation to "Intimidate" the hostage for the duration of the interrogation, giving you +10 on each roll. (Subject to change) 

How would this change better the server? - Make interrogations a tiny bit more interesting. I was just thinking to myself, "what if intimidation was a thing?". So here we are.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Get more information from these dudes.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Anyone doing interrogations.

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

28 minutes ago, islandtoad said:

Would be cool, however I think it should be a contesting roll and whoever wins gets a +10

Ah yes. I would love to use my +10 roll bonus to aquire another +10 bonus and absolutely destroy an interrogation. 

Jokes aside, the original idea seems cool. 

+Support 

• Laughing 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

1 hour ago, islandtoad said:

+Support

Would be cool, however I think it should be a contesting roll and whoever wins gets a +10

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

+ Support

Actually a good idea, I like it! 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

very interesting concept, but i feel like it should be balanced out with a "mental fortitude." where you can also roll to get a +10 while being interrogated.  would definitely be more interesting

+support

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+Support

But I think it should be for certain ranks or smth like that, just some sort of system so not everyone who can interrogate can intimidate.

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Actually a good idea, I like it! 

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

I think adding just an overall more open interrogation system would be fun and shake things up, this would be a good start to that. +Support 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

22 hours ago, islandtoad said:

+Support

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

+Support
Theres no reason to disregard implementing this suggestion into the server.
It makes more RP scenarios, and makes the, interrogation to say the least,
more intense. But like previously said by other responses, certain ranks shall
be allowed to use it to make the feature more fair, and demanding for only those
certain jobs.

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

I dont think it should be rank restricted, we really dont need more rank locked or class locked shit. 

Consider the following: You have been captured by an opposing force actively against you. Both interrogation locations are in something nearing the heart of their base. Yknow, balls deep behind enemy lines? Your friends miiiiiight be coming, maybe, how the hell would you know? Doesn't change the here and now, and they are likely going to kill you anyways for secrecy. When you are interrogated, you are surrounded by people who are well armed and enthusiatic to TORTURE you. You are surrounded by the enemy and at their mercy, in a situation where you cant fight back. I think anybody in that situation could have the capacity to intimidate, you are at the mercy of your interrogator and their methods are not under your control. The concept of torture is unpleasant in general.  So it doesn't matter WHO you are being interrogated by, the experience is the same. 

+Support, dont make it rank locked or -support.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

On 3/21/2022 at 10:16 PM, islandtoad said:

+Support

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

On 3/22/2022 at 7:47 AM, FeaR x Green Pikachu said:

If its a roll off where both parties agree then the winner gets a +10 or something so that it isnt just completely a benefit for the interrogator then +support

+10 for "Intimidate" if the interrogator wins
+10 for "Mental Fortitude" if the Interrogatee wins

+Soup

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 3/22/2022 at 7:09 AM, Sixx said:

+Support

But I think it should be for certain ranks or smth like that, just some sort of system so not everyone who can interrogate can intimidate.

No, I am so sick of the certain ranks bullshit. It's either sf only in which so many SFs are just prone to biased inductions. Or maybe it's command only in which no everyone wants to have a responsibility on a game made over a decade ago.

+Support but fuck any rank restrictions for it.

• Like 2

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+ SUPPORT

- I like the idea
- Even tho it gives less advantages this ability should be given to some jobs/ranks to make it more realistic; For Example an E4 or a SCA would be more intimidating than a apprendice IA

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

On 3/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, MazuzaM said:

+ SUPPORT

- I like the idea
- Even tho it gives less advantages this ability should be given to some jobs/ranks to make it more realistic; For Example an E4 or a SCA would be more intimidating than a apprendice IA

+Support

-Agreed, watching a low rank normal guy walk in is less intimidating than watching a more infamous class like E4 walk in
-It adds more flavour to interrogations and i like it

Security 1LT | Wardens WDE Nu7 2LT | DHTR CA Titania E11 MAJ | SCN STF D4 Silvanus BE6 | RRH GUARDIAN Lima 25

On 3/24/2022 at 7:22 AM, MazuzaM said:

+ SUPPORT

- I like the idea

Your ignorant to the fact of people not even knowing what an e4 is. That and every single chaos agent regardless of rank in rp is an elite operative. Just cause you got a private named Joey dick licker doesn't mean in character he is and idiot in rp he is still an elite operative. Same thing goes for gensec officers regardless of how much I hate to say that.

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

16 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

Your ignorant to the fact of people not even knowing what an e4 is. That and every single chaos agent regardless of rank in rp is an elite operative. Just cause you got a private named Joey dick licker doesn't mean in character he is and idiot in rp he is still an elite operative. Same thing goes for gensec officers regardless of how much I hate to say that.

Not saying they intimidate because of WHO they are, Im talking about experience. an E4 or a SEA would have more years of experience in RP than an IA, you dont immediately develop a skill after being trained, thats something you learn with practice

• Like 1

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |