Loaf's Super Admin Application - Denied

Loaff

What is your in-game name?: Loaf

What is your steam name?: [GL] Loaf

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:196808892

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Loaf#7880

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Stating the obvious here but I've been staff on GL for over a year.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Around early 2019, took a long break and returned around September of 2021, been here since.

What date did you make your forums account? September 13, 2020

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 6 in total, 5 from the early days I mentioned above and 1 from around October of when I came back.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community? No.

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes.

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for? Super Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I believe I deserve the rank of Super Admin due to the amount of time, effort, passion, and dedication I have put into the staff team of Gaminglight. I have been a staff member since March 14, 2021, so at the time of writing I have been in the staff team for over a year. I have held the position of Senior Admin for a whole 8 months, and through all this time I have shown utter dedication and loyalty to the staff team and Gaminglight itself, having never received a strike my entire tenure. Throughout my time as staff, I have honed my skills as an effective staff member and mentor to lower staff members. I am always open and eager to assist lower staff ranks in their own journey to mastery of staffing. Examples of this mentorship include small things from interacting in @ chat to training Trial Moderators and Support recruits. My over 1 year time in Maintenance Command and several months as High Command shows that I am competent in a position of high leadership, as well as responsible with the powers that come with it. As for the more minor functions of staffing (considering the grand scheme of things), I have developed a steady mastery of ULX commands over my time as staff, capable of being both swift and accurate in my use of them, as well as other staff tools such as the Physgun and Toolgun. I am able to take constructive criticism to improve myself, knowing that those who do use constructive criticism only want the best for me. My final point is one I leave to the general community at large: my general reputation as portrayed by the nature of the comments on my post. All of this is why I deserve the rank of Super Admin.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? I would request that they stop immediately and threaten to mute/gag them. If they do not comply, I would mute/gag them depending on which medium of communication they were using. I would then talk with the accuser to obtain their side of what happened, subsequently checking combat logs and renders as necessary. Assuming the evidence I have seen is enough to issue a warn, I would warn the player for Mass RDM | Staff Diss and ban them for 5 days.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would separate the players into different corners of the staff room, out of VC range of each other. I would then get each of their sides of the story separately without contact with the other players. After becoming sufficiently aware of what has happened, I would make the appropriate decision and end the sit.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? Keep giving them punishments as necessary. Eventually they will either be banned for receiving too many warns or do something severe enough to warrant a ban.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? (Assuming I've been given sufficient evidence such as a screenshot or clip) I would explain to the player that I have conclusive evidence showing that he did indeed break server rules on exploiting. If he attempts to defend himself via saying that the rule is not specifically stated in the MOTD (like some have done more frequently in recent months) I would point out that the rule on exploiting applies to all bugs and glitches and is a blanket rule available for staff to interpret to a reasonable extent as a part of staff discretion.

Edited by Loaff
color
  • Like 3

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

HUGE +SUPPORT

Ive been trying to get this man to apply for ages. With working along side him in maintenance I know how much of a hard worker and great thinker and problem solver he is. I know he would be an excelent super admin and cant think of anyone else more deserving!

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+support

Go loaf!

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

Ive been trying to get this man to apply for ages. With working along side him in maintenance I know how much of a hard worker and great thinker and problem solver he is. I know he would be an excelent super admin and cant think of anyone else more deserving!

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

9 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

oofwill2.png

14 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+/-

I haven't seen loaf do too much personally but I think he'll do good regardless 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+/- Support
Don't really ever seen you on, But your at a decent RP rank so I imagine that you could do the job if needed

Edited by DemiGodRaymond

Former -{Longest Purge VCMDR} {EXP Researcher} {CI LCPL x2} {Maintenance Professional{CI RnD Supervisory Agent}{MTF Nu7 1LT } {HTF Zealot}

OWNER OF {The Eternal Twins{Phantom Squadron{MTF Kairos-01 'Sola Fide'{A Group of Psychos}

+Support

I have nothing against you but I have not even seen you once, I am not the most active but I think I have only seen you once. You have been staff for a very long time. I do not know you well so I cant give a full opinion so good luck!

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

On 3/20/2022 at 10:22 PM, Jack (utility one) said:

HUGE +SUPPORT

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+/-Support 

I dont really see you on much at all, But that may be due to work schedules / time zones. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png