Nydekore's Super Admin Application - Denied

Nydekore

What is your in-game name?: Nydekore

What is your steam name?: [GL] Nydekore

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:114460542

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Nydekore#7253

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: Other than here, I had held a staff/game management position over in a CS:GO community, where I had overseen both the staff team and the community as a whole. While it has been a while since I was there, it taught me important lessons in management, such as taking input from community members, balancing compassion and fairness with rule/policy enforcement, and the importance of respect between management and player base. I believe I would carry all of these lessons into an advancement to the Junior Management Team.

What date did you start playing on the community? 5/6/21

What date did you make your forums account? 5/6/21

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 0

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community? No

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)

What rank are you applying for? Super Admin (JMT)

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? I am one of the newer senior admins, some of them have held the rank for longer than I have. However, I believe what I lack in duration I make up for in quality of work. I get on the server nearly every day, taking sits when needed and delegating lower staff to do so if I see that they are taking a while to be answered. I make consistent attempts at assisting the player base in direct and indirect ways while also ensuring that the newer staff are doing the same. Additionally, I consistently take part in the many other opportunities that are given at my level of staffing, such as support and the forum diplomats. I consistently take forums reports and support tickets, more so the former than the latter, and have tried my best to handle each one of those with caution and consideration for what needs to be done to best suit the members' needs. I have also joined the event team as of a few days ago and just last night I hosted an event very late at night simply because there weren't many people on and little to do, thus creating a good opportunity for a few games of harpoon dodgeball, which I believe shows my willingness to help the average user as I got little out of it while it also helped keep the server numbers just a tiny bit higher when they needed to be due to multiple server crashes occurring. Overall, I am highly dedicated to my duties here and will continue to show such in a JMT position.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? I would first gag/mute the player (depending on which chat they are using) and would first look at the evidence that the reporting player could provide. If it is definitive I would issue the warning for MassRDM and possibly staff disrespect, depending on the severity of the case, before banning them for MassRDM. If the evidence is not definitive but still implies the possibility of MassRDM I would allow the player to type their defense in the situation. I would take them swearing once more as them having no defense in the situation, hence I would go forward with the punishment as was stated above. If they provided a valid defense at that point I would explain to them that this type of behavior is unacceptable and unproductive in resolving the issue and that doing this again would not be tolerated.  

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? Ideally I would not get into this situation at all as I would make my best attempt at keeping the sit between 2 people at a time, pulling people in and moving them out in order to provide evidence. Once I become able to put together a time line of the events through the evidence provided I would pull them in one or two at a time to explain my ruling on the situation and hand out punishments as needed. I would also instruct them to not argue further and that if they did they would be receiving warnings for doing so. I would also take that time to tell them that if they disagree with my ruling they would be free to make a staff report, warn appeal, or sit review as I am only human and am therefore susceptible to making mistakes just like anyone else, even if I did not see it at the time.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? I would punish the player as I would with anyone else. Even if they don't care the punishment will still stop them from ruining other player's experience which is likely their goal if they are breaking rules apathetically. I would then keep an eye on the player from there as they are likely a minge or an overall toxic person. 

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? I would explain to them that abusing a bug is a violation of our rules against exploiting, explaining how this particular bug would provide an unfair and unintentional advantage for them. I would then deliver any warnings I found necessary, informing the player that they may appeal the warning or make a staff report on the forums if they felt that I handled the situation improperly. 

• Like 2

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+Support

+Nydekore is one of the most friendliest staff members I've met in a long while
+Nydekore has been what seems to be an overseeing staff member which gives him the knowledge to know what to do as a JMT
+He's just an all around good pick for JMT he's active, friendly and has had past high ranking staff positions before.

Good Luck Nydekore ~ Tazza

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

15 minutes ago, Tazza said:

+Support

+Nydekore has been what seems to be an overseeing staff member which gives him the knowledge to know what to do as a JMT
+He's just an all around good pick for JMT he's active, friendly and has had past high ranking staff positions before.

Smh inactive ngl, also claims he has a girlfriend I think he’s just tryna be cool infront of all of us loners

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

27 minutes ago, Tazza said:

+Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Good luck Nerdkore 

+Support

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Tazza said:

+Support

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

58 minutes ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

1 hour ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Nydekore is honestly one of the friendliest people I have met within GL, and I give him a massive + support.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

+support

Mature + competent 

Seems ready for super admin

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

4 hours ago, J0LTY W0LTY said:

+support

Mature + competent 

Seems ready for super admin

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

9 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

oofwill2.png

14 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Couldn't have said it better myself.

+ Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+Support Nyde is one of the best staff out there and would good Super Admin

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

20 minutes ago, Mr.Meeseeks 123 said:

+Support Nyde is one of the best staff out there and would good Super Admin

Former -{Longest Purge VCMDR} {EXP Researcher} {CI LCPL x2} {Maintenance Professional{CI RnD Supervisory Agent}{MTF Nu7 1LT } {HTF Zealot}

OWNER OF {The Eternal Twins{Phantom Squadron{MTF Kairos-01 'Sola Fide'{A Group of Psychos}

21 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Quotex3

Former  E11/R&D Senior Command | Former IMP RP HCMD | Donator | "when you're drunk as fuck, you feel no pain" - Yohan 2022 |