25 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become a Super Admin?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: islandtoad 

What is your steam name?: [GL] islandtoad

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:146214010

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): islandtoad#3303

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Just on SCPRP

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) February 2021

What date did you make your forums account? February 13, 2021

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 0

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) Patron 

Are you a staff member in another community? No

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for? Super Admin

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) 

I want to be able to better serve and support this fantastic community. Ever since I joined this server, I have loved everything about it. One of the things I am most thankful for is how early I joined the staff team, joining in February of last year I have had the opportunity to learn so much. With my experience in various command positions, I have learned how to manage people, making it up to the rank of Captain in both Nu7 and Security. I have also been a member of the Event Team in the past and I hope to host some fun events and just in general make sure everyone on the server has a great time. I am a huge supporter of the community and I hope to be in it for a long time to see it grow. One of my favorite ways to help the community is the suggestions channel, creating them, responding to them, and just offering general input. I love to see the important changes that happen for the server's benefit and I hope that in the future I can be a part of that process. I have been through a lot in my time on this server, everything from new command to new SMT to a whole new map, I have been here and I hope to stay for a long time. This community means so much to me, and I don't know what I would do without it. I appreciate you taking the time to read my application, and I appreciate your consideration for the position of Super Admin.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions, we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? 

I would bring them to a sit and attempt to calm them down, if I could not get them to stop I would mute/gag them depending on how they were talking and explain to them that they were being warned and banned for Mass RDM and that if they want to appeal their warn they can on the forums.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? 

I would attempt to find out who is necessary and return those who aren't. Then I would separate the players and get everyone's story and give my final verdict after I have gathered all evidence and stories.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? 

I would jail them to give them plenty of time to think about their actions and read the motd and if they left during the time they were jailed I would ban them for LTAP.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? 

I would explain to him that he is not following the server rules and warn/ban him for exploiting depending on the severity of the exploit. However, if it was a new player I would potentially give them a verbal warning due to them being new to the server.

Edited by islandtoad

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+Support
+He's active, Friendly, and has been here for a good while

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

8 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Stop building treehouses 😞

v6w7pGs.png

• Laughing 1

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

14 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+Support

really good at staff

Very Helpful

Former -{Longest Purge VCMDR} {EXP Researcher} {CI LCPL x2} {Maintenance Professional{CI RnD Supervisory Agent}{MTF Nu7 1LT } {HTF Zealot}

OWNER OF {The Eternal Twins{Phantom Squadron{MTF Kairos-01 'Sola Fide'{A Group of Psychos}

+Support Island is one of the most active and dedicated members of GL and he would make a fantastic Super Admin

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

10 hours ago, oofWill said:

Island, your a nice guy and it’s nothing personal, however i will have to -support this due to your self control with your off duty powers. Give it some more time and learn more discipline then i’ll +support this.

Thanks for the constructive criticism Will, I'll try to get better!

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

21 hours ago, Tazza said:

+Support

QuoteX4!

Former  E11/R&D Senior Command | Former IMP RP HCMD | Donator | "when you're drunk as fuck, you feel no pain" - Yohan 2022 |

59 minutes ago, islandtoad said:

Thanks for the constructive criticism Will, I'll try to get better!

So while I was at school I was thinking and now that I think about it it was just you messing around on NLR and dealing with situations that a sit was not called for, for this reaosn I will be +Supporting this app replacing my -support. Maybe just make it clear that it s fun and games and was consentual.

oofwill2.png

+Support

I fucking hate you, damn security cc main 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+support

Great guy, god he is so friendly. He is also so good at staff, I have been Tmod for 2 days and he trained me, did a GREAT job training me and when ever I need to go flag on to E11 (I am a E11 main and I can not flag up since Tmod removes that permission) he force jobs me. He is VERY mature and can be authoritive if he wants. Good scenarios, nice application. TBH I see nothing wrong with giving him this rank.

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

-Support

Islandtoad is an amazing person, but there has been too many times where he comes into TS channels complaining about a branch and me personally don't usually have a problem with that, but I don't want to see someone like that be super admin.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan