Braylen Yorn/EX006's Chief Gunnery Officer Application

Braylen Yorn

What is your in-game name?: Gunnery Officer EX006

What is your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:67121774

What is your rank on the Naval Roster?: Ensign

What specialty are you applying for?: Chief Gunnery Officer(Tenn Graneet)

What Naval HC (Commodore+) gave you permission to apply?: Agent Kallus

What can you do to improve the branch you will be responsible for?

The first thing I would like to do, should I be offered the position, would be to implement certain procedures to add more RP and interaction between Gunnery, Regimental Engineers, and Navy. One thing I have already been doing is targeting system calibrations for the turbolasers and ion cannons. This requires one person in the turbolaser control room and one person on the bridge to coordinate their efforts. It adds a good bit of RP over comms that everyone seems to enjoy. This would become a regularly scheduled thing. I would also implement more frequent weapons and armor inspections. This gives the entire server more opportunity for RP and that is always a good thing. I will always be keeping in touch with the lead engineers of each regiment to ensure that everyone has plenty to do. I have a couple ideas in that regard such as having different regiments be responsible for different sectors on the ship. For example, as the bridge is a high security area, I would have a regiment such as Shock's engineers be responsible for any bridge maintenance or repairs. If none are available, then it would fall to another. I believe this would give each regiment's engineering specialties a sense of importance and make it feel a bit less like every regimental engineer is basically the same.  However, these are just RP ideas, which is only half of our job.

Combat is the other half of the job. Aside from being gunners and engineers, we have multiple powerful weapons and tools at our disposal to assist ground forces during combat. As such, being able to use them efficiently and effectively is important. Since my time in Gunnery, I have only seen and taken part in one combat training simulation. This will change should I get the job. I intend to run regular combat SIMs both on our own and in conjunction with other regiments so that when we go into battle, we are a well oiled machine. It is also important that Gunnery Officers can operate the turbolasers competently so I will also run regular drills and simulations in the turbolaser control room to keep every gunner in prime condition so that when the ISD is faced with an enemy fleet, we can take them down quickly and keep the ship safe. 

I also understand that while I may think the ideas I have are good for Gunnery/Engineers, I also understand that others may not agree. That is why, as stated previously, I will constantly be checking in with not only the Lead Engineers of each regiment, but engineers as a whole to ensure that anything that gets implemented is something that everyone wants to see. We may all be from different regiments but we should also act as a cohesive unit and that type of relationship is easier to maintain when everyone is on-board with what is happening. In that regard, my DMs will always be open to accept criticisms and listen to ideas that anyone has. I believe that any idea has the potential to be good and at the end of the day, apart from being responsible for keeping Gunnery/Engineering running smoothly, it would also be my job to ensure that everyone involved is having the best experience possible on the server. That is the most important thing and that is something I will strive to achieve for everyone within the Gunnery/Engineering specialty

Why should you be trusted with this position?:

I will be the first to admit that I got off to a slightly rocky start when I first joined the server. I did a few things that could be seen as minging and, not that this is an excuse but, before getting back into Gmod, I had run Navy for years on another server, including Engineers/Technicians. It's been a while since I've started at the bottom and I took some time to goof around a bit. Since then, I take my job very seriously. When I get on the server, I am focused on Navy/Gunnery and I have no interest in a trooper life, meaning I am absolutely and completely focused and dedicated on making Gunnery the best it can be. As mentioned earlier, I have years of experience running Navy and Engineers, Having been Admiral a few times over on the now defunct Undead Imperial RP and for the first year or so before I was made Admiral, I ran the engineering division of the Navy. And even though I was High Command for most of my time there, I always had a soft spot for engineers and helped them create most of the procedures they used. On top of all that, I have an admittedly embarrassing amount of knowledge in regards to how technology functions in the Star Wars universe. I can take you step by step through what happens from when you pull the trigger of a blaster to when the bolt leaves the barrel. The same process applies to a turbolaser with a few minor differences. In any case, I'm rambling a bit. My point is that with my previous leadership experience and my in-depth knowledge of Star Wars technology, I believe that not only should I be trusted with this position, I will spend every day on the job proving to everyone that that trust is well deserved

Why do you want this rank?:

I want this rank because I believe that it is where I will most benefit the Gunnery division. I realize that this answer is much shorter than the others but if I add anything more, I'll just be repeating things I've already said in the last couple questions.

Do you understand that if you receive a strike you will be stripped of this rank?: Yes

What is your purpose within your assigned branch?:

The purpose of the Chief Gunnery Officer is to oversee the Gunnery Division of the Navy, as well as work with the Lead Engineers of each regiment to ensure that all protocols are being followed and new recruits are being trained properly. It is also the purpose of the Chief Gunnery Officer to make sure that Gunnery/Engineers have things to do to keep them engaged and having fun.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application and for considering me for the job. I would like to point out that should I not end up getting the job, I will still try and push to see some of my ideas implemented. I think they can benefit not just Gunnery/Engineers, but the server overall and regardless of what my position on the server is, I want it to be a fun time for everyone and will do my best to make it happen

Edited by Braylen Yorn
To reflect change in rank since app submission

Purge CPT FS1

Purge HVYAL CPT Crazy CR67

Lord VIII Vansyn

Former Sub-Lieutenant Yorn

• Braylen Yorn changed the title to Braylen Yorn/EX006's Chief Gunnery Officer Application

Your application is very detailed, and I like the ideas you would like to implement.
However, I have a few things to consider other than this. 

You are fairly new, to the Gaming Light community at least. I have no reference for your experience on the other server as I have no physical sources. However I can tell you have knowledge. That being said though, I think you should think about implementing your ideas as a Senior Gunnery so that you can get known by players. It helps to be in a Chief position when you have connections, because then things are much easier implemented. Remember you will need to still get permission from certain individuals in Naval to do certain things. 

I also recommend getting to supervisor within Naval to see if its really somewhere you will actually stay.
-Support

OG DT TI-23 Marksmen V07 (Retired)
FormerSenior Gunnery Officer LX003, Lord I SilonDT 1LT DI3Imperial RP Moderator

• Adam. locked this topic