Staff Application - Denied

Dr Clef

What is your in-game name?: Dr Cllef

What is your steam name?:Dr Clef

What is your steam ID?:76561199014193370

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Sapphire The Kitsune#3897

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) No, sadly not. But I know the works as I have been put in many sits (that I created)

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) About a month ago. I had a forum account that was a week old, I just lost it to who knows what

What date did you make your forums account?Today for this account, but a month ago on the account I lost

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 1.

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc)User

Are you a staff member in another community?No, sadly.

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: CST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) Well, first off, I have a very high sense of loyalty to servers that I actually enjoy, play on, interact with others, and overall have a good time on. If I didn't like the server, well, I wouldn't be applying for staff to make this server better. I believe that I deserve this rank because I feel that I am a very good asset to the community, I provide humor, fun, and some memes too. And also because I am able to seperate feelings from professionalism (decision wise).  I feel that I would be a great asset to the team also because I have made friends with a few of the staff team (I think, all I know is that I have quite the amount of goodie points), and I have a good reputation overall in the community, so I think I will get along with the community quite well. And yes, I am aware this is exactly 150 words minus this sentence, I ran out of stuff to write. Sorry.

Arent staff supposed to grade it, not members?

2 minutes ago, Dr Clef said:

Arent staff supposed to grade it, not members?

Sorry, but I just thought that staff get the opinion on it, I really tried on it, I just ran out of ideas on some things.

To nova: I am surprised you dont see me, I am on almost every day 😕 My old username was AverageKitsune, if you check the steamids

And sorry, I didnt see the situation questions, here they are:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Well, I would warn them to stop cursing at me, and if they refuse to stop, I would gag them and ban them for 3 days. MRDM isnt acceptable.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

Warn them to stop. If they cease to stop the toxicity, gag them for the duration of the sit. Ask them to type what they need in chat.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

The best way to handle the situation is to simply give them the punishment. It's that simple. Also, report them to a higher up, because they might be a troll.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

Use the spectator feature, ask for clips, etc. If this is proven false, then tell him that he has lied and apply normal punishment.

Just now, Dr Clef said:

To nova: I am surprised you dont see me, I am on almost every day 😕 My old username was AverageKitsune, if you check the steamids

And sorry, I didnt see the situation questions, here they are:

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Well, I would warn them to stop cursing at me, and if they refuse to stop, I would gag them and ban them for 3 days. MRDM isnt acceptable.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

Warn them to stop. If they cease to stop the toxicity, gag them for the duration of the sit. Ask them to type what they need in chat.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

The best way to handle the situation is to simply give them the punishment. It's that simple. Also, report them to a higher up, because they might be a troll.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

Use the spectator feature, ask for clips, etc. If this is proven false, then tell him that he has lied and apply normal punishment.

image.png.1057bd3512642a757c89acbaa384b045.png Here is proof that I am who I say I am.

16 minutes ago, The Real Slim Nova said:

-Support

-No effort what-so-ever
- Skipped the situation questions
-Dont see you at all
-No Reputation in the community

Also, correction to no effort. I simply answered the questions how they were supposed to be answered, honestly and truthfully.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

-Support
Forums account new 
Not activity on the forums 
No idea of who you are 
New at the comunity 

Recomendation : play more on the comunity and have more activity on forms too

CURRENT RANKS SCPRP: None
Retired E-11 COL and EX GENSEC MAJ

CHAD WITH GOLDENPAN612494147_jaydenaskingforHBOXD.png.8244c394c19aa3dc39251ae1e63c7ae2.png

Hi Dr. Clef!

So the way that the +/-support feature works is that any member may give their (constructive) feedback and opinion of your application. Generally responding to your own application is somewhat frowned upon by some people, but it's pretty clear that you were just trying to clear some things up and that's okay. I would recommend you editing your initial post to include the scenario questions due to the fact that the Heads of Staff may not see your second post, or not count it.

Unfortunately, I do not know you, so I am unable to give any support to this, but I will not be giving -support either. I hope that I've cleared some things up for you and I wish you all the best!

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

-Support
Unfortunately I must have a negative support for this.

1. You are obviously new, you should definitely get more familiar with:
    -People on the server (Make connections)
    -Server rules
    -The forums (And how things are conducted)
    -Get on TS and talk to people, get in a division and become credible
2. While I see why you would reply to feedback and clear things up, its generally a rule of thumb when making applications to clear it up during the interview processes and not the application process (especially in real life jobs, I know this is a game). When making an application you have to be clear,  provide full detail, and be more creative

Try again in a few months, I feel like you will be a much more rounded individual. You will learn a lot about processes and leadership (which staff requires).
I also recommend reading Accepted applications, and see how people answered. Do NOT copy, but be constructive with the information and formulate answers of your own.

OG DT TI-23 Marksmen V07 (Retired)
FormerSenior Gunnery Officer LX003, Lord I SilonDT 1LT DI3Imperial RP Moderator

1 hour ago, SilonMist said:

-Support
Unfortunately I must have a negative support for this.

1. You are obviously new, you should definitely get more familiar with:
    -People on the server (Make connections)
    -Server rules
    -The forums (And how things are conducted)
    -Get on TS and talk to people, get in a division and become credible
2. While I see why you would reply to feedback and clear things up, its generally a rule of thumb when making applications to clear it up during the interview processes and not the application process (especially in real life jobs, I know this is a game). When making an application you have to be clear,  provide full detail, and be more creative

Try again in a few months, I feel like you will be a much more rounded individual. You will learn a lot about processes and leadership (which staff requires).
I also recommend reading Accepted applications, and see how people answered. Do NOT copy, but be constructive with the information and formulate answers of your own.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 3/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, Soggy said:

-support 

-little effort

-skipped the questions

Didnt add a poll but not many people care about that

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

-Support

On top of already receiving a ban, they've also been removed from research recently due to troublesome behavior.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

-support
as much as it pains me to -support a post you just recieved a massrdm ban which shows you are not ready to become a staff member and are unable to follow the rules. https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561199014193370

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7