Armor Suggestion - Denied

Cecil Stedmen

What are you suggesting? - Remove the ability to craft armor charges and just make it so crafting armor gives 100 armor at a higher armor price match the total amount of armor charges needed to be crafted anyways

How would this change better the server? - Several times over the past few days; people have used armor charges as a means to crash the server with no way to track it without having a staff member watching the crafting area 24/7 .

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Not really anymore with this edit.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  The whole server

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

EDIT: I changed the suggestion a little when it comes to the armor to make it so it just gives 100 armor at a higher price instead of the armor NPC. The intention was not to buff D Class but to continue to allow them to obtain armor without a risk to crashing the server.

Edited by Cecil Stedmen
I changed the suggestion a little when it comes to the armor to make it so it just gives 100 armor at a higher price instead of the armor NPC. The intention was not to buff D Class but to continue to allow them to obtain armor without a risk to crashing t

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

-Support

Would allow every D-Class to get 100 armor easily.

Just remove them from the Mining NPC.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

51 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

Would allow every D-Class to get 100 armor easily.

Just remove them from the Mining NPC.

I wouldn't remove the mining NPC because that literally removes the whole reason for mining. I think that instead of dispensing  an armor charge it should just give the player 100 armor. That way there is no world item and it cannot be abused by D-Class.

+/- SUPPORT

Edited by Cuz L0g1c

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

-Support

Un needed buff for Dclass which will make it harder for Security and MTF to control Dblock.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

3 hours ago, Cuz L0g1c said:

I wouldn't remove the mining NPC because that literally removes the whole reason for mining. I think that instead of dispensing  an armor charge it should just give the player 100 armor. That way there is no world item and it cannot be abused by D-Class.

+/- SUPPORT

Gonna agree with this and edit my suggestion accordingly; as I wanted armor to be available still without the crashing as giving a buff to D Class was not my intention.

Edited by Cecil Stedmen

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

+/- support

- making it give 100 armor at like maximum price which is like 30-40 materials i believe i think is a great change

- playing d class just isnt fun during on hours when there are like 50 MTF/GENSEC at d block 24/7 so removing the armor would be a bad idea in my mind

- have had first hand experiences of seeing the armor kits attempt to crash server

- maybe to give 100 armor strait beef the materials up to like maybe 80 materials collectively (which is 40 of both 2 materials) or just add more materials for armor kits to be made.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.